Status: hiatus

A Dragon's True Nature

Awkward Stares

"You have Zereron's saddle, huh?" Ashina asks, caressing the leather.

"Yeah." Kanashii says, not looking toward her mother.

"I will have one of the elves here clean it up." Ashina says as she stands up, and goes to may a hand gesture.

"NO!!" Kanashii shouts, holding her hand out. Ashina turns to look at her with a stern yet curious look.

"And why not?" Ashina demands, glaring at her daughter.

"Please forgive me....but that saddle means a lot to me." Kanashii says, looking at the saddle.

"And why would that be?" Ashina demands, turning to fully face her daughter.

"Well...." Kanashii begins, but turns her face away from her mother. "Well...." Kanashii stutters.

"You must tell me NOW!" Ashina commands, walking toward Kanashii.

"I can not. Please forgive me, but I am sworn to secracy on certain pieces of knowledge that have happened over the years." Kanashii says, bowing her head. Ashina glares at her for a moment with anger before sighing.

"I see...." Ashina says, moving a strand of hair behind her ear. She turns away from Kanashii, and walks into the building.

*Forgive me.....mother.* Kanashii mentally pleads.

*So, what's so special about that saddle that you can't tell you mother?* Darigan questions, looking down at the saddle. Kanashi opens her mouth to say something, but Darigan cuts her off. *And don't even think about saying that you're bound to not say anything. I can feel that you're not.* Darigan says, looking at Kanashii with narrowed eyes.

*Very well. This saddle...it was made by my father especially for me.* Kanashii says, running a loving hand over the leather on the saddle.

*You mean-*

*Of course he knew I was going to become a rider! Ten-to-one, when both of your parents are riders, the offspring almost always is as well....* Kanashii says, cutting Darigan off as she surges to her feet. Silence follows for a short time, until Darigan sighs.

*Is that why you didn't tell her? You didn't want her to know that she was a rider?* Darigan asks, looking at Kanashii with understanding.

*Yes, and if I would have told her that father made me this saddle, she would have known that I know....it's all very confusing.* Kanashii says, rubbing the side of her face with two fingers in an attempt to quence the headache that had appeared.

*I do not agree. It all makes perfect sense to me.* Darigan says, running the side of his head against hers.

*Really!!* Kanashii shouts, looking up at him with bright yet wide eyes. Darigan nods, and Kanashii shakes her head.

"We can talk more later. For now, I really want to go inside to get away from all this staring." Kanashii says, looking around with uneasy eyes. Everyone reverts their gaze to what they were doing as she looks around.

*Are they staring at me...or you?* Darigan asks, looking at Kanashii.

"Me." Kanashii says with a sigh as she turns, and walks away from him, only to have him catch up to her.

*Why you?* Darigan asks, looking at Kanashii with questioning eyes.

"Take a guess and I bet you'll get it right." Kanashii says, glaring at everyone around.

*Does it have anything to do with your father being one of the Wyrdfell?* Darigan asks, looking at her with questioning eyes. Kanashii nods her head.

"Yep." Kanashii says, shaking her head as she walks around one building, and toward a cage type room. Darigan suddenly comes to a stop, and growls.

*Who does this room belong to, Kanashii?* Darigan questions, looking at Kanashii with uneasy eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
...