Status: hiatus

A Dragon's True Nature

Effective Poison

"It used to belong to me, back when I lived here..." Kanashii says as she examines the outside. Darigan looks at her hurt face.

*You contacted your father, didn't you?* Darigan asks in a gentle voice.

"Yes, I did." Kanashii says, raising her head.

*Does anyone know it was you?* Darigan asks, looking at her with critial eyes.

"No, and at the time, I didn't know what I was doing. I was young, even by human standards. All I wanted was for my family to treat me like they wanted me here." Kanashii says as she lowers to touch her butt to the ground. She grasps her knees, and places her head on them.

*What about your mother?* Darigan asks, looking at Kanashii with confusion in his eyes.

"Of course, she was so busy with her ambassador duties that she never had any time for me." Kanashii says, sighing. Darigan nods in understanding as Kanashii gets back to her feet. The two of them walk toward the door, at which time, Kanashii sticks her hand out toward the handle, but hisses in pain when an arrow comes flying, and embeds itself into her stomach. As she falls to the ground, Darigan spins around, teeth bared, and growls. "Let them go, it's no use." Kanashii says, grasping the arrow. With one quick motion, she completely pulls the arrow out of her stomach. She puts her hand over the wound, causing it to instantly heal. She drops her hand, and closes her eyes.

*Are you all right, Kanashii?* Darigan asks as he looks down at her wtih worried eyes.

*Tired...* Kanashii says simply in a light voice. Darigan curls around her, and folds his wing over her so she's laying against him with her head poking out next to Darigan's neck.

*Sleep well, while you can.* Darigan says in a light voice. He watches as Kanashii slowly loses consciousness before laying his head next to hers.

Morning comes, and Kanashii opens her eyes. She pushes Darigan's wing off herself. When he stands up, she quickly grabs her stomach from the instant pain that goes through her body.

*What's wrong?* Darigan asks, raising his head.

*Just....an aftershock of using so much magic yesterday.* Kanashii says in an out of breath voice. Darigan looks at her with absolutely no belief in his eyes. *Fine, fine! The pain is from the poison that was on the head of the arrow. Don't worry, my body has fought off worse.* Kanashii says, motioning for Darigan to calm down.

*How are you so sure that this time won't be different?* Darigan demands, getting to his feet.

*Because it's the same poison those bandits used.* Kanashii says with a sigh as she winces at the sudden pain. Darigan looks at her. *Where do you think the poison comes from? Of course the elves make it to elimiate their targets.* Kanashii says, shaking her head at Darigan's general lack of knowledge. Darigan hisses.

*You stupid elf! Why didn't you tell me about all this back when they used it on you?* Darigan demands, looking directly into Kanashii's eyes. She walks to the door, ignoring Darigan, and opens it.

*Because it's no big deal. Honest. I'm not that easy to knock off.* Kanashii says with a strange smile on her face. She closes her eyes as another jolt of pain goes through her body. *All it'll take is twenty-four hours of sleep for my body to overcome this.* She says, looking back at Darigan with sure eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
...