Status: hiatus

A Dragon's True Nature

The Truth About Kanashii's Past

Four days pass, and Kanashii slowly opens her eyes to see a ceiling.

"Where in the wold am.....OW!" Kanashii shouts as pain shoots through her body. She closes her eyes, and suddenly feels something brush the side of her face. She opens her eyes to see a worried Darigan sitting next to her. "It's only you..." Kanashii says with a relieved sigh before closing her eyes again. They suddenly shoot open when she hears Darigan's voice.

*What happened forty years ago?* Darigan asks in a questioning voice. She looks him in the eyes, and instead of seeing the emotions he was expecting to see, he sees only pain and sorrow. *Well?* Darigan questions, growing impatient. He watches as tears stream down her face.

"I'm sorry, Darigan, but I lied to you about a few things." Kanashii says in a voice Darigan had never heard before.

*Like what?* Darigan asks, cocking his head to the side. Kanashii looks directly into his eyes.

"Let me restart this whole process of you learning about me." Kanashii says with a sigh. Darigan looks at her intently.

*Very well.* Darigan says, his eyes growing even more intent. Kanashii sighs again.

"Okay, well. My name is Kanashii. I am the only daughter of the 13th foresworn, Zereron. My mother is an ambassator to the queen. I was taken from the elves at the age of seven." Kanashii turns to look at Darigan. "That was all true." She says with a strange look on her face.

*All right, tell me the whole story.* Darigan says, nodding his head. Kanashii nods as well.

"I am the youngest child of Zereron and Ashina. When I was nine, my brother was taken by my mother, and disappeared. After that, I sought out my father. I called him to come get me and I was raised by him. I guess that was inevitable that Galbatorix learned my true name...so, he used me to do most of his dirty work. One day, after being his pawn for over twenty years, I was called upon to assassinate a group of rogue elves that were going to attack the castle. I did as I was told, and killed all of them." Kanashii says, not even having the courage to turn and look at Darigan when she hears him growl. He walkes toward her, only to see a look of sadness on her face as well as tears rolling down her face. "Over the next ten years, it nagged at me on what I had done. So, I ran away one night. I lived on my own for neary fourty years besides the time that I traveled with a young human before I met this old guy. He gave me your egg in exchange for directions to the nearest city.....and that pretty much brings us to the point of your hatching." Kanashii says before sighing. Darigan searches her face for any sign of a lie.
♠ ♠ ♠
...