Status: hiatus

A Dragon's True Nature

An Old Friend Appears

“You were just talking to her, weren’t you?” the girl asks in a sweet voice as she sits down underneath the window.

^Yes I was. How did you know that^ Darigan asks, looking at the girl with wide eyes. The girl merely smiles.

“I could feel it. I have the ability to feel the emotions behind people’s thoughts.” The girl says with a smile. Darigan looks at her with surprise before his eyes narrow.

^Who are you?^ Darigan demands, looking at the girl, who chuckles.

“My name is Evalyn.” The girl says with a smile before shrugging. “I was running around with Kanashii until just before she found your egg.

“I didn’t find the egg.” A voice says from behind the two. They turn to look at none other than Kanashii, sitting up and wide awake.

^You shouldn’t be awake yet!^ Darigan shouts, looking at Kanashii with wide eyes. She chuckles.

“I’m fine now, Darigan. I’m almost completely healed.” Kanashii says, pushing away his nose when it appears before her face. Only for it to quickly return. She sighs as she lets Darigan physically examine her as he does so mentally as well.

“So how did this happen?” Evalyn asks as she walks up to Kanashii, quickly running her hand up and down her while her eyes are closed as she examines her inner organs. “You appear to be fully healed.” She says with a smile as she watches Kanashii lean up against one of the walls with a weary sigh.

“That damn mother of mine. She sent an assassin for me again.” Kanashii says, closing her eyes. Darigan looks at her with surprised eyes.

^How do you know that? I never told you.^ Darigan says, his eyes going wide. Kanashii looks at him with an ‘are you serious’ looks before a look of recollection comes over her face.

“Well I guess I never told you, so of course you wouldn’t know.” Kanashii says, scratching the back of her head as she stands up straight before turning to look at Evalyn. “Why are you here? I thought you were headed toward the Varden.” Kanashii says, her eyebrows furrowed. Evalyn chuckles.

“How can I go to the Varden when they would just send me back here? I’m one of the runners.” Evalyn says with pride in her voice as she explains. Kanashii looks at her for a moment before recollection dawns on her.

“You’re a rider!?” Kanashii shouts, looking at Evalyn with wide eyes as she gets into a defensive position. Evalyn snickers before motioning to Kanashii to signal that she’s not there to fight her.

“Oh, knock it off! I wouldn’t harm another rider. I was sent to get you here safely, not kill you!” Evalyn says as she walks to the chair next to the table before collapsing into it. Kanashii drops her stance before looking at Evalyn with a confused look.

“Why would the queen want me to return? I could have sworn that SHE was the one that kicked me out of society to begin with? Wasn’t she the one that told everyone just who I was?” Kanashii says before her look darkens. “that’s one of the reasons that I killed them.” She says before a content look covers her face. She sighs lightly.

“NO!! who in the world told you that?” Evalyn says, jumping to her feet with a confused look on her face. Kanashii looks at her for a moment before answering.

“My brother.” Kanashii says, looking away. Evalyn’s look goes from surprised to horrified.

“I thought your brother disappeared a long time ago. How would he know about things that happened five years after he left?” Evalyn wonders. Both Evalyn and Darigan look at her in confusion as she turns away with a blush on her face.

“My brother…he…well, he visited me in my dreams…up until I went into the world. He was the only reason I survived being the ‘kings’ assassin.” Kanashii says with a sigh as she walks over to the table before collapsing into the chair on the other side of it. “But I guess that doesn’t matter since I haven’t seen him since.” Kanashii says running her hand through her hair.

^Why didn’t you tell me that? I thought you hadn’t talked to him.^ Darigan demands, looking at Kanashii with something close to distrust.

^I never told you that. I said I haven’t SEEN him since he disappeared^ Kanashii says, turning an irritated look on him. Evalyn chuckles when she overhears the conversation before her look becomes serious.

“If you haven’t talked to him since, it could mean that he was working with the king…or someone else to gather information on you.” Evalyn says in a gentle tone, only to flinch away from the look Kanashii turns on her.

“NEVER say that about him again! He’s the only reason that I even wanted to LIVE in this god forsaken HELL HOLE!” Kanashii shouts, slamming her hands down on the table with a murderous look on her face. She jumps to her feet before stalking out of the small house. Darigan turns to Evalyn with a confused look on his face.

“Well, it’s the truth.” Evalyn says with a sigh as she gets to her feet and swiftly follows Kanashii out of the house to make sure she isn't targeted again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long, long wait on this one. i just didnt have any ideas for it at all. well, heres the next part! hope to hear what you think!
Peace!!
KcA