Status: hiatus

A Dragon's True Nature

Run in with a Stranger

"This is the mark of those hunted by the Empire. They use the mark to show the people in the Empire who to stay away from." Evalyn says, shaking her head.

"Oh. I didn't know. I just woke up with it after I recovered from a severe sickness I had for years." Kanashii says, shrugging it off like it's nothing.

"And they haven't come after you yet!" Evalyn shouts, completely surprised by this piece of information.

"Nope." Kanashii says, shaking her head.

"Strange." Evalyn says, placing a finger against her lower lip. Kanashii stands up, and puts her gloves back on.

"No big deal." Kanashii says with a completely sure voice. She suddenly goes still.

*Strange.....I know someones there.....but I don't see anyone....* Kanashii mentally says as she looks around the clearing. She quickly spins around when she hears laughing.

"Who's there?!" Kanashii demands. The laughing stops, and Kanashii looks at Evalyn, only to see her shaking.

*I have to get Evalyn out of this! She hasn't done anything wrong...* Kanashii mentally tells herself as she glares at the strange.

"Evalyn?" Kanashii asks.

"Yes?" Evalyn asks, stuttering.

"You need to run. Get out of here, and stay away." Kanashii says, never looking away from the stranger.

"But what about you?!" Evalyn shouts in horror.

"Don't worry about me. You really need to leave." Kanashii shouts, turning to glare at Evalyn.

"Okay." Evalyn says, taking a few steps backward. She runs away, and Kanashii spins around when she hears someone land on the ground.

"What do you want?" Kanashii demands.

"Is it a crime to come and see the one that I marked?" The stranger asks, grinning like an idiot. Kanashii's eyes wander to her arm.

"So it was you tha-" Kanashii begins.

"Yes. Unfortunately, when I went to get you, you were no longer there..." The stranger says, walking a few steps to the left as he inspects his fingers.

"Forgive me if I refuse to stay living with a man that would sell me to someone for money." Kanashii says with a disgusted look on her face.

"Well, you don't have to worry about him anymore." The stranger says with a strange grin on his face.

"Huh?" Kanashii questions, looking suspicious.

"I took care of him for you." The stranger says, picking at one of his nails.

"You mea-" Kanashii begins.

"Yep, I killed him personally." The stranger says, smiling. Kanashii's eyes widen as she pulls her blade out of it's sheath. She bends down, and gets ready to fight. "So I get to see the famous hljodhr in action, huh?" The stranger says with a happy smile.

"What are you talking about?!" Kanashii demands, glaring at the stranger.

"You mean you don't even know your great weapon's name? Svit-kona?" The stranger says, shaking his head in disappointment.

"I am NOT an elf!" Kanashii shouts. The stranger gets an evil eye, and a smirk on his face.

"If you're not an elf, how do you explain your ability to understand the Elven language?" The stranger asks, looking at Kanashii expectantly.

"I am NOT A MAGIC CREATURE!!" Kanashii shouts, getting extremely angry.

"Interesting that you stay that, because according to the blood tests I did.....you're not only Elven, but something even more.....interesting." The stranger says with an excited grin on his face. Kanashii grabs the side of her head in pain.

"STOP!!" Kanashii yells. The guy grins as he runs at her. When he gets right in front of her, he sees her sword glowing. Suddenly, she yells, "LETTA!!!" His body completely freezes. She stands up, and raises her hand. She begins to glow as she says, "Andlat Thrysta." The guy's eyes grow wide as he's hit with the spell. His body falls backward with him dead instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Information BOX:
*hljodhr: silent
*svit-kona: a formal honorific title for an elf woman of great praise.
*letta: stop
*andlat thrysta: death trust
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

I am SOOO sorry about not posting this yesterday. I had it completely typed, but forgot to put it up....oops....
Peace!!
KcA