Status: hiatus

A Dragon's True Nature

Not the Rightful King

"Um...there's a bag here...and it's kind of moving..." The guard says in a freaked out voice.

"That so." Galbatorix asks as he takes his hand off Kanashii's face, and walks to the back of the horse. He unhooks the bag, and opens the top end. He drops it on the ground and grins when he sees a black and red dragon climb out of the bag. "Well, well, well! What do we have here.." Galbatorix says as he turns look at Kanashii with a huge grin on his face. "Looks like our dear Kanashii has been mighty busy." He says.

"What should I do with it?" The guard asks, looking at the dragon with hesitance.

"Bring it and Kanashii to one of the rooms that have a lock, and lock them inside." Galbatorix commands.

"Yes." The guard says, bowing. He ties a rope around the dragon's neck, and ties it to the horse before clicking the horse forward. "What does he see in you?" The guard questions.

Kanashii begins to stir just as they get to a door to a locked room. The guard leads the horse, effectively dragging the dragon into the room just as Kanashii opens her eyes. The guard quickly grabs Kanashii's sword off the back of the horse, and throws it outside the chambers.

"W....where am I?" Kanashii questions, looking around the room. She raises her hands to her face, only to realize they're bound together. "What in the Empire! Why am I bound?" Kanashii demands.

"To stop you from attacking your captors.

*Hold on!* She turns her head toward the sound of the voice. *Oh no!*

"You!" Kanashii shouts, closing her eyes.

^Jierda pomnura malthinae!^ Kanashii mutters.

"It's not possible!" The guard shouts as his eyes widen in horror. The ropes break from around Kanashii's wrists. She jumps off the saddle, and lands on the ground.

"Where is my sword?" Kanashii demands before something even more pressing crosses her mind. "And my dragon!" She demands, glaring at him

"You are not allowed to have your sword, and your dragon is right here-" He lets go of the rope, and the baby dragon runs to Kanashii squealing.

'Are you all right?' Kanashii questions, looking at the dragon with worried eyes.

'Yes.' It says, leaning it's head against her shoulder.

'You've grown! You're a lot bigger than you were a week ago.' Kanashii says in an amazed voice.

'I've almost hit my growth spurt. Soon I shall be bigger than even you!' The dragon says in a happy sounding voice.

'That'll be a sight to see!' Kanashii says, smiling.

"OW!" Kanashii shouts when something invisible begins to tighten around her. She falls to the ground, only to look up and see Galbatorix standing in the doorway.

^Losna Manin!^ Galbatorix shouts. Kanashii screams as Galbatorix begins to shuffle through her memories of what has happened since she was younger. By the time he's done, Kanashii's breathing hard, sweating, and pissed.

^Y-^

^Skolir nosu fra iek vanyali!^ Galbatorix shouts before Kanashii could finish what she was saying.

^Yaroc!^ Kanashii finishes, only to have the spell have no affect.

"We don't need any Ancient Language being used." Galbatorix says, shaking his head.

"I don't trust you!" Kanashii says, glaring at him.

"Trust whoever you please, but in the meantime, you will talk to me with respect. You may be a rider, but I am still your king!" Galbatorix says, glaring down at her.

"You are no ones king! The throne does not rightfully belong to you. Ugh!" Kanashii beings, only to have Galbatorix pin her to the wall, and hold her against it with her feet about a foot off the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ancient Language:
*Jierda pomnura malthinae : break my bind
*Losna manin : release memory
*Skolir nosu fra iek vanyali : shield us from magic
*Yaroc : a bond of misery

I am SOOOO sorry it took me so long to get this one out! My computer broke down, and the chapter was on there...

Peace!!
KcA