I Just Want You

Chapter 1

Dylan POV

“This is ridiculous; I still don’t know why Dad agreed to this and why he has to drag us along with him. He’s knows that we can look after yourselves; he needs to realise that he doesn’t have to watch over us all the time” I complained to my little baby sister Anakin; she was sitting on my swivel chair in my office watching me pack up all my designing models.

“Think about Dylan; Dad just lost Mom last year, he’s still hurting. He just wants to get away from here; get away from everything that reminds him of Mom. You know he wouldn’t be doing this if he was fine; he needs us right now” Anakin told me as I taped up yet another box; she was basically finished packing but I wasn’t. I never realised just how much design stuff, clothes, makeup and shoes I had; we were leaving soon and I was still packing.

“Yeah and I understand that but do we have to move to England? Besides he took a job as a band manager; he’s never managed a band before, he just manager’s tours. And he hasn’t told us who the band is; he always tells us who he’s working with” I said as I placed all my design journals in another box; this was the last room that needed packing up. The rest of our apartment was already in boxes; the only things that weren’t packed yet were some clothes and makeup.

“I have no idea what was going through his head when he agreed, but it’ll be fine Dylan. I know you’re worried about your label flopping over in the English fashion scene but trust me it won’t; you have so much work over there already. I’ve lost count of how many fashion shows you’re involved in over there, it will be fine” Anakin reassured me as she helped me move the boxes into our living room where all the other boxes were; I hated how soon we’re leaving LA. This is my home and I love being here; Dad only told us a few days ago and then told us that we better start packing cause we were going with him.

“Yeah I know that but it will be hard on you too; you were just about to go around to the comic book companies and see if anyone wanted to hire you, besides where is Sheffield?” I said as I plopped down onto the couch; Anakin was quick to follow my actions.

Our apartment was finally all packed up and ready to be shipped over to England; the movers were coming later in the afternoon so now we had nothing to do. I now regret packing our TV and stereo’s; we had nothing to do until it was time to get ready for tonight. Dad’s boss was throwing us a farewell party; all our friends were going to be there. I watched as Anakin played with her phone; I wasn’t sure what she was doing. Either she was texting a friend, on the internet or playing a game. I wasn’t sure how long I was lying on the couch before I fell asleep; but I was rudely awakened by someone ringing our doorbell.

Anakin laughed to herself as she saw me jump with a start; she let the removal people in while I ran my hands through my hair. We stood side by side as we watched the removal people take all the boxes and our furniture out of our apartment; I wanted to be sure that they were careful with our stuff and I was glad to see that they were. As I saw our apartment become emptier and emptier; the thought of not living here really hit me and I hated having to leave home. Both Anakin and I were born and raised in LA; but now we were moving to England, a place we’ve only ever visited.

Once the removal people left it was time to start getting ready for our party; Anakin went into her bedroom while I walked into mine. I jumped into my shower; washed my hair, face and body. I dried off and then started on my makeup; once that was perfect I then started on my hair. I blow dried and straightened my hair; spraying a bit of hairspray on and I was done. I walked back into my bedroom and over to my bed; I slowly got dressed as I looked around my empty room.

“You look so amazing D” I heard my sister’s quiet voice sound from the doorway of my room; I looked up to see her smiling at me. I was sitting on my bed putting my shoes on; she was wearing everything that I have picked out for her. I do that a lot actually; but I guess it’s just the designer coming out in me, at least my sister will always look good.

“Thanks Anakin, you look smoking hot too” I smiled at her while I stood up; I smoothed out my dress before walking towards my sister. It was time to get to our party; Dad had sent over a car so we didn’t have to drive.

As I stepped out of the car and stood right in front of the club that was hired out for our party, I could hear the loud music floating out onto the street; I smiled to myself as I pictured what inside would look like. As Anakin joined me we made our way inside the building; I knew my sister didn’t drink and she shouldn’t because she was underage, but for some reason she chose not to drink. And that was fine with me; it was her choice and she always made good choices, unlike me who does drink.

“Hi Dad” Anakin and I said together; we smiled up at our father as he came over to greet us.

“Hey girls, how are my babies?” Dad asked us as he pulled us both into his arms at the same time; but we still both fitted in his arms. We hugged him back as I felt the music beats flow though my body; I heard loud talking and laughing surround me as our friends enjoyed themselves.

“We’re fine Dad; now can we please go and enjoy ourselves?” I asked looking as innocent us I could; Dad only laughed and let his arms fall back to his sides. I smiled brightly at him as I grabbed Anakin’s hand and dragged her through the club; I dropped her off with Dallas Green and his band Alexisonfire.

I continued my way over to the bar; I immediately saw two of my best friends sitting there talking but looking out for me. I smiled widely as I sat in between Joel and Benji Madden; I took the vodka shot that was waiting for me and swallowed it quickly, I felt the slight burn in my throat as I placed the shot glass on onto the bar. I was soon laughing and talking to Benji and Joel while we did a few more shots; I wasn’t exactly sure what the shots were and I didn’t ask questions as I drank them. This was a party and I was going to have fun; I didn’t know when I was going to see my friends again. As my good friends Matt Sanders and Brian Haner Jr. brought me another round of drinks; I managed to find Anakin talking to Matt Good and Derek Bloom, she was smiling and laughing happily.

I knew she was in good hands so I took the drink that was being offered to me; after a few drinks I started to make my way around the club. Stopping when I saw someone I knew; Dad’s boss talked to me for a while as well. He told me that he had made sure that all our belongings would be at our new house when we arrived, he was getting my car shipped over as we spoke, that Dad’s band was great and really nice. He basically told me that everything was going to be fine and that we would all love it in England; I stopped myself from rolling my eyes at him and just nodded instead.

Seeing as Dad hadn’t told either Anakin or I would the band that he was managing was; I was hoping and praying that it was a good band. With people that would get along with all three of us, and that we at least somewhat big so Dad has a good experience managing them.

Later

“I just want to thank everyone who showed up tonight; you all mean the world to me and my girls. You’re all good and close friends of ours and we will keep in touch with you all. I want to give a big thank you to my boss, Gary, for giving me this opportunity; I won’t let you down” Dad said his speech perfectly; Anakin and I were standing a few feet away from him. I had my arm wrapped around my sister’s shoulders as her arm was wrapped around my waist; I was holding my glass for Jack Daniels and coke, while Anakin was holding her glass of coke.

Everyone cheered after Dad’s toast and had a drink; then Dad stood on my other side placing an arm around my shoulders. Gary stood up in front of everyone so he could make his toast; his was longer then Dad’s and it was pretty boring. He just said that he was glad to have met us, to have worked with Dad, to watch Anakin and I grow up, to be there when we needed help; but he just dragged his speech out. I finished my drink off as everyone toasted us again; then I grabbed my sister’s hand and pulled her over to the dance floor. She was going to enjoy herself and loosen up a bit; I was going to help her with that.

I danced with my little sister for a while until we were both hot and in need of another drink; Anakin grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the bar, we ordered ourselves a drink as soon as we could. We both sat on a barstool and let our eyes wander around the club; everyone was having a blast and Dad looked so happy, maybe moving to England will be a good thing. I hope it’s a good thing.

For the rest of the night I hung around with Anakin; we talked with all our friends who didn’t want us to go, so we just kept promising everyone that we would keep in touch, which I knew we would. So few a few more drinks, some more dancing, more talking, a lot of hugs; it was finally time to leave and go back home. It was 3 in the morning and our flight was sometime in the afternoon; I guess drinking a lot wasn’t a good idea, but at least I wasn’t drunk, I was just tipsy.

I was nearly falling asleep in the car as we were driven back to our empty apartment; this would be the last night we would ever have in our apartment. I would really miss living in our apartment; so much has happened there, I have so many memories of being there. I remember when I first moved into the apartment; I was 18 and it was the first time out of my parent’s house. About a year and a half after I moved in my sister moved in too; it seemed like being home alone with just our parents wasn’t funny enough, I of coarse welcomed my sister with open arms.

I was stumbling through my apartment while Anakin tried to hold her giggles in but she couldn’t; she watched me as I kicked my shoes off, took my jewelry off and fell onto my bed. Right now I didn’t care if I was still wearing my dress and my makeup; I just wanted to sleep and that’s what I was going to do. I heard Anakin close my bedroom door as my head hit my pillow; I lazily placed my bed sheets over my body and then I let sleep overtake my body.