I Just Want You

Opening Up

Dylan POV

I was still shocked when Tom and Anakin walked back into Dad’s office; I’ve never seen my sister act like that before. I mean yeah she has gotten upset and angry before but she’s never gotten into a fight; well not that I know of anyways. Honestly I don’t like the idea of my sister getting into fights; I hate the idea of her getting hurt.

“So… is everyone alright now?” Lee’s voice broke through the silence; it wasn’t tense in the room now that Claire was gone. But Oliver was gone too and I think it was a bit selfish of Claire to drag him away from a band meeting; even through the band meeting hadn’t started yet.

“Yeah everything’s fine now” Tom smiled slightly as his eyes locked onto mine; I was so grateful when he pulled Ani off of Claire. I would have done it myself but I was just too shocked to even move.

“Can I talk to you Ani?” I asked as I walked over to the corner of the room; it wasn’t all that private but it would do. I needed to talk to my sister about what just happened; I needed to know what was going through her head.

Once we were both in the corner I faced my sister; I instantly grabbed her face with my hands gently and inspected the damage. I ignored Anakin when she rolled her eyes at me but I was glad when I didn’t see any real damage; she might get a bruise on her jaw but that’s about it.

“Dee I’m fine really” Ani whined as she removed her head from my hands; I just gave her my stern older sister look which made her roll her eyes at me yet again.

“Why Anakin?” I asked looking straight into my sister’s eyes; she can never lie to me and I can never lie to her. Actually I can’t lie to anyone; I’m the worst liar ever.

“She hurt you Dylan, she ruined your work; I’m not just going to stand back and watch some fake girl do that to you. Dee you know that I would do anything for you and I hate seeing you upset; so if someone upsets you then I will teach them a lesson” Anakin told me seriously.

“I know that Ani but I’ve never seen you get that angry before; I mean it’s not all that was the first time someone has hurt me. Are you sure that’s all there is to it? Because you know you can talk to me about anything; I’m always going to be here for you” I reassured her before pulling her into a tight hug; I know that I haven’t been the best sister lately but I was going to do everything I can to change that.

Just when Anakin was about to speak again the door was opened sharply as Oliver stormed into the room; sometimes he seriously sounds like an elephant when he walks. I watched as his eyes flickered around the room before stopping on Anakin; he power walked over to us making Ani pull away from my hug.

“How could you do that to Claire? Why would you do that to her?” Oliver asked; his voice was firm and his body told you that he was upset. But there was just something in his eyes that told me that he wasn’t as angry as he was making us think; his eyes weren’t hard or cold when he looked down at my sister.

“And what gives you the right to talk to my sister like that Oliver?” I asked as I stood in the gap that was between Oliver and Anakin; I looked up at him and I swear I saw his eyes soften even more when our eyes locked together.

“No Dee, its fine. Look I’m not going to stand back and let someone hurt my sister; I don’t care who it is but I’ll always stand up for her” Anakin told Oliver while crossing her arms over her chest; a sign that she was going to stand up for herself and not back down.

“Maybe we just need some space right now” Jona’s voice sounded through the room; space was just want we needed. If Oliver or anyone talked to Anakin like that again I wasn’t going to be so nice.

Later

“Mind if I join you?” A familiar deep smooth voice came from behind me; I knew instantly who it was. I was out on the balcony; I was leaning against the railing when I turned my head to see Oliver standing behind me.

“No it’s fine” I told him before looking back out over the English landscape; I felt Oliver stand close beside me as he too leaned against the railing.

“Look Dee, I’m really sorry about snapping at Anakin like that” Oliver apologized and I could feel his eyes burning into the side of my face; over the past half hour all he has been doing is apologizing to my sister.

“It’s fine Oliver; I mean she hit your girlfriend. You have a right to be angry at her” I said as I turned my head to face him; I felt my heart start to speed up as my eyes locked onto his stunning hazel eyes.

“The truth is that I wasn’t all the angry with Ani; I was mostly just pissed off with Claire. She should have been more careful around you; I understand that you would have been upset and the Ani would stand up for you” Oliver told me; I was shocked when he told me all of this. I mean it’s not everyday that someone spills their guts to you; especially about their girlfriend.

“So then why are you still with her? If you don’t mind me asking” I asked quietly as I watched Oliver put a cigarette between his lips; I smiled and shook my head when he offered me one.

“Honestly I’m not sure; I think I’m with her because we look good together. I know that sounds really low but it’s the truth” Oliver told me; after the couple of days I’ve known him I’ve never seen this side to him. I guess I just never thought he would have a soft side to himself; or he wouldn’t show that side of himself to someone.

And that was the start of our deep conversation; I told Oliver things that I haven’t told anyone. I told him about just how hard Dad works me and how no one knows, how I wish that Dad would focus on Anakin’s career and help her out, how much I missed my Mom, and how I wasn’t there for my sister.

“I was in New York for a fashion show when Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer; Ani overheard Mom and Dad talking about it and she was a complete mess when I got home. When I was finally told I didn’t know what to do or say; I’m her big sister and I couldn’t even talk to her about it” I said as I remember back to two years ago when Mom told me the bad news.

“Then when Mom died I was just in so much pain that for the first week I wasn’t there for her; I let her down when she needed me the most. I promised Mom that I would look after her and Dad; I let Mom down too” I said quietly as I looked down at my black fingernails; I was so ashamed that I couldn’t even look at Oliver.

“Dylan, don’t blame yourself for that; I know that you did the best you could. You made Ani into the amazing woman that she is today; she’s strong, she’s not afraid to be herself, she’s stand up for what she believes in. She got all that from you Dee” Oliver told me as he wrapped an arm around my waist; I still couldn’t understand why he was able to comfort me so quickly.

I felt my body freeze and a blush covered my cheeks as I looked up at Oliver; we were so close that I felt his hot breath on my face. I watched as his eyes moved away from mine only to stop when he found my lips; my blush deepened when his eyes locked with mine again. I knew he wouldn’t kiss me because he had a girlfriend but suddenly all I wanted was to feel his lips on mine; I wanted him to kiss me.

“Thanks for listening to me today Oliver” I said quietly as I leaned away from his warm body slightly; even through I wanted him to kiss me I knew we couldn’t and we probably never would. I don’t normally get attention from guys; guys usually look at Anakin even through she doesn’t think so.

“I’m always going to be here for you Dee; no matter what alright. And it’s Oli” He smiled as he looked down at me; I smirked at the last part because I was the only person who calls him Oliver. After that we were called back into Dad’s office.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anakin & Dylan's Outfit

Comment please! We want to know what you all think about our story!