I Just Want You

Knock Them Dead!

Dylan POV

Yesterday I noticed a change in my sister; it wasn’t a massive change so no one else saw it. But I did. It was like she was confused about something; really confused and she had no idea what to do. I was planning on taking her to see Lucy today so I’ll talk to her then; we both thought it would be better to go see Lucy before we go on tour. That way if she get’s hired then she can work while traveling.

“Ani! You ready to go?” I called out as I waited for her in the front room; she’s been nervous all morning. I’ve tried telling her that everything will be fine but it’s not helping her; I picked out an outfit for her and had to change it twice before she finally liked it enough.

“Yeah I’m coming!” She called back to me as she ran down the stairs; she was already and looked great. We climbed into her car and were soon driving towards town; it didn’t really take us all that long until we were sitting in the car lot.

“Good luck Ani; not that you need any because you’re going to knock them dead” I smiled when my sister didn’t move; she smiled slightly at me before collecting her things and climbing out of her car.

I sat in her car and started to listen to my iPod; after a few songs had past I jumped slightly when I heard my phone ringing. I had no idea how I heard it but I quickly grabbed it from my bag; I slid my phone up to see I had a new text from Oliver. I felt a smile form on my face as I read his message; he just asked me if Ani and I wanted to watch the band practice at Matty’s house. Hell yeah we did!

So for about an hour I listened to my iPod and texted my boyfriend; I was bopping along to a song when I saw Ani walking back over to her car. She didn’t look destroyed so there must be some good news; I put my iPod back into my bag as she climbed into her car. “So… how did everything good?” I said as I was dying to know what happened.

“Lucy absolutely loved everything she saw; she told me I was going to go far in the business. She’s going to gave all my work to her boss and we’ll see what he was to say; she told me to get as much work done as I can while I’m on tour as well” Ani said smiling happily; she pulled out of the car lot quickly.

“See I knew they would love you and your work; I’m so proud of you Ani, you’re finally getting your foot in the door. Oh and we’re going over to Matty’s place; the guys want us at their band practice. So I was thinking we could stop at Taco Bell and get everyone some lunch” I said smiling at my sister; I haven’t seen her this happy for a long time. I guess I never realized how important starting her career was.

“Yeah sure that’s fine” I kept smiling as she drove towards Taco Bell; I knew this might be the other time I get alone time with my sister. So I have to talk to her now; it’s either now or never and I need to make sure she’s alright.

“So Ani… I noticed you looked a bit confusion yesterday. Is everything alright?” I asked looking over to my little sister; I hoped nothing was wrong. I mean if there was then I was try my hardest to fix it but I still didn’t want my sister hurt or confused or worried.

“When you… first err… how did… umm… when you first realized you’re… err feelings for Oli; umm… how did you feel?” Ani stuttered as a light blush covered her cheeks; I was slightly taken aback by her question though. I totally didn’t see that one coming.

“Oh well… at first I was confused; mainly because he had a girlfriend already. But my feeling didn’t care about that; so when I was around him I felt really comfortable, I always got butterflies if he was near me or I talked to him, I would smile without knowing if someone just said his name or something about him. Why?” I explained to her and that’s when I realized that I still do and feel like that.

“Oh no reason… I was just wondering that’s all” Ani said turning into another street that would lead us straight to Taco Bell. “What do you think of Tom? You like him right?” She asked me after a short silence.

“Yeah I really do like him; he’s great! Really nice, friendly, helpful, very good looking too” I smirked over at my sister who just kept her eyes on the road; maybe just maybe she was having second thoughts on Tom.

“Yeah that’s what I thought too” She said quietly as she turned into Taco Bell’s car lot; we both climbed out and quickly walked into the restaurant.

Soon I was ordering all the food while my sister stood next to me quietly; I ordered a hell of a lot and made sure that I had some vegetarian choices as well. We waited quietly for our food to be made which surprising didn’t take all that long; but that just pleased me more.

“Man I can’t believe we’re going on tour tomorrow; it’s going to be so much fun! I can’t wait! But I still need to finish packing though” I said placing all the bags into the back of Ani’s car.

“I know! I still need to finish packing as well; I wonder if the guys are already to go? Probably not; that’s why they want us to come over there I reckon… err oh no” Ani trailed off; her eyed widened as she looked past me. I turn around only to see Claire storming up to me; she didn’t look all that great actually, not after what Ani did to her.

“What the hell! What’s your bloody problem Claire?” I shouted after I felt her hand connect with my right cheek; my eyes started to water as my cheek sung badly after Claire’s hard slap.

“That’s what you get for stealing my boyfriend! Why don’t you just go back home! Be a slut over there!” She spat her voice full of anger; a few tears fell down my cheeks as I watched her walk away from me.

“Yeah that’s right! Walk away! Walk away like the coward you are Claire!” Ani shouted as she rushed around her car; she grabbed onto my shoulders so she could turn me around to face her.

“I’m fine Ani; it’s no big deal, but don’t go after her this time alright. Let’s just go to Matty’s house, please” I said as I climbed into her car; the first thing I did was look in the little mirror that was on the inside of my sun visor.

I gasped quietly when I saw the massive bright red mark on my cheek; actually it wasn’t really a mark because my whole cheek was bright red. It was still stinging badly and I winced when I gently touched it; Claire doesn’t look strong but she sure can slap pretty damn hard. As Ani drove us over to Matty’s house I was taking deep breathes to try to calm me down; a few tears slid down my cheeks here and there.

But the slap isn’t what hurt me the most; sure it hurt me physically but what hurt me emotionally was what Claire said to me. Did I steal Oliver from her? He did break up with her for me. Maybe I should just go back home; at least I feel comfortable there and people actually like me.

“Dee, are here. Maybe we should just go home; I mean if you’re not feeling up to seeing the guys” Ani said quietly capturing my attention once again; as I looked over at her I saw her eyes flicker to my cheek. I could feel that it hadn’t died down at all.

“No… its fine, I’m fine” I mumbled as I got out of her car; I sniffed a bit and wiped my tears away. Even though I probably still looked bad; right now I didn’t really care all that much.

“Hey! The girl’s are here and they’ve brought lunch!” Lee shouted back into the house as he stood in the open doorway; he was smiling cheerfully at us as we walked up the path. I smiled slightly to myself when I saw he wasn’t wearing any shoes; that why he stayed in the doorway.

“Hey! How did the interview go Ani? Did they hire you? They better have” Matt K smiled at us both as we walked into Matty’s house; it was so nice and warm in here. We handed the boys the bags so we could take our shoes off; I’ve been hiding my cheek with my hair all this time.

“Dylan… what happened to you?” Lee gasped when he caught sight of my cheek; he placed the bags on the floor and gently grabbed my face in his hands. He turned my face so he and Matt could look at my cheek.

“Err… Oli!” Matt K yelled out in worry; I was just able to tell them that I was fine but now all I heard was a number of hurried footsteps. I signed as I saw Matty, Oliver, Jona and Tom rush into the front room; Lee let his arms drop as he took a step away from me. Right now I just wanted to curl up into a ball!

“What the hell! Dylan… what happened? Who did that?” Oliver asked raising his voice as anger boiled inside of him; he rushed over to me and loosely wrapped his arms around me. I winced and moved my head away from him when his fingertips brushed my red cheek; I bit my bottom lip when I saw the guys looking at me in concern and anger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dylan's Outfit

Comment please! It makes us super happy!