I Just Want You

You're a rare breed.

As soon as we got home Dylan had gone into her room and was out like a light. I, on the other hand, was too excited about the prospect of having Matty helping me unpack and paint my room. I was going to try and plan everything out without Dylan for once. I knew where I wanted to put all my furniture, so it was just a matter of painting. It was always difficult for me to figure out paint colours for some reason, and thats probably why I had stared mt my walls until the wee hours of the morning trying to envision what would look best on them. I eventually decided to paint two of my walls turquoise, one wall purple, the last wall would have some sort of epic Batman and Robin mural, and my ceiling would have an amazing Star Wars mural.

I eventually got bored once everything was planned, so I went down to the kitchen and turned on the kettle, then dad had unpacked the night before. I grabbed everything I needed to make my tea before the water finished boiling, this was pretty routine aside from having to find everything in boxes. The clock on the microwave flashed 7:45. I knew Dad would be up soon, if he wasn't already, so I got out everything I needed to make his coffee. And just as soon as I finished pouring the milk into his mug, my father walked into the room.

“I figured you would still be asleep.” he mumbled as he took the mug from my hands and gave me a quick kiss on the head, “thanks Ani.”

“No problem dad.” I smiled and took my tea back up to my room.

***

It was around 11 when the guys finally arrived at the house. Dylan was up and had already started to unpack things. I decided to wait to unpack until I had painted my three plain walls. It only made sense, seeing as I would have to move everything so I could paint.

Everyone was helping unpack, everyone being Matty, Oli, Tom, and Lee. Matt K. and Jona apparently had other things they had to do before they could come over and help. Which was fine. We had more then enough help.

Dad had put Tom and I to work unpacking everything for the kitchen. There was a slightly awkward silence hanging over us the whole time. I was thinking of ways and things to talk to Matty about as we unpacked the plates. Every so often I would glance over at Tom, and he was watching me every time I looked over. I was a little weirded out, but I kept my mouth shut. I didn't want to hurt his feelings or embarrass him, I wasn't good with things like that.

“You two need any help?” a cheerful voice asked from behind us.

I couldn't help but grin as I quickly turned to see the boy I had quickly developed a thing for, “that would be lovely.”.

“What do you need me to do?” Matty asked.

I quickly jumped at the opportunity to talk to Matty and told him what to unpack and where it should go. We had a nice conversation as we unpacked the rest of the boxes. Tom stayed quiet for most of it, throwing in the occasional comment here and there. I was beyond happy when it was all finished.

“Matt?”

“Yer?” he looked at me as he placed the last pot in a drawer.

“You can drive right?” I asked slyly

He grinned and nodded.

“Could you drive me to get some paint for my room?”

He chuckled, “sure, I'll borrow Oli's car.”

I grinned and took off towards my room to grab my wallet. I slipped my shoes on as I waited for Matty at the door. To say I was excited was an understatement. I was quite taken with him, though I knew I would probably never have a chance with someone like him. He probably already had a girlfriend... but that wouldn't stop me. I was still gonna give it a try with Matty and hope for the best.

***

The car ride to the hardware store took less time then I had hoped. But it was amazing none the less. Matty and I talked about everything from friends to random embarrassing things that had happened to us. We found the paint section rather easily, but picking out the right paints was another matter.

“What are you doing that involves all these little cans of paint?”

“Two murals.” I shrugged as I found the perfect shade of red for robin.

“Are you going to tell me what of?” he asked as a few moments of silence passed.

“Um...” I knew he was going to think I was a weirdo for liking Star Wars and Batman enough to paint two huge murals of them in my room, “well... on one wall I'm going to paint Batman and Robin possibly fighting Rag doll, and on my ceiling I'm going to paint a Star Wars mural with a Star Destroyer, and either a Viscount-class Star Defender or a Recusant-class Light Destroyer with a random planet, maybe a few more ships and lots of glow in the dark paint, and I've got everything I need for now.”

Matty just looked at me silently for a moment, wide eyed. I knew he thought I was a super nerdy weirdo now. I quickly pushed the cart to the cash and paid for everything, with Matty silently following behind me. He helped me load everything into the trunk of the car. I quickly jumped into the passenger side as Matty returned the shopping cart.

As soon as Matty got into the car and shut the door he turned and looked at me, “where have you been all my life! You're the first girl I've ever spoken to who knows the names of random different ships!”

“So... you don't think I'm some nerdy weirdo?” I was quite taken back by his sudden outburst.

“If you are then so am I.” he grinned as he started the car.

“By the way you reacted in the store I thought you were never going to talk to me again.”

“Are you kidding? I think I'm in love with you! Do you know how hard it was for me to not start babbling like I am now in the store?”

I laughed, “well thats a releaf.”

“I cant wait to tell the guys, they're probably all gonna be drooling over you.” he laughed

“Really?” I quirked an eyebrow, I'd never had guys 'drool' over me for admitting I was a Star Wars nerd, “why?”

“Are you kidding, you're a rare breed you are, gorgeous and into Superheros and Star Wars.”

“Um... thank you?” I was a little confused about wither being a rare breed was a good thing or not, but I was going to take it as a compliment.

The rest of the car ride went much the same as that and he eventually calmed down once we reached the house. Matty helped be drag all the paint upstairs and continued to babble on about Star Wars, though this time I was able to have some input in this conversation.

As Matty and I continued to get all the things we needed to paint Lee and Oli joined in our discussion about Darth Vader and wither or not he was a winy brat, or a amazing -albeit misguided- guy. Dylan and Tom just looked at us with slightly unimpressed looks, Tom more so then Dylan. Tom gave me a slightly comfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach, so I grabbed everything I needed quickly and hurried back up to my room, Matty following shortly behind.

Matty helped me paint my room, which made the process go by much faster. He made himself quite comfortable on my bed in the middle of the room as I started to sketch out where Batman and Robin where going to go. I made him promise not to tell a soul what I was painting until I was finished. It was easy to say I was very taken with Mr. Nichols.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so unbelievably sorry it's taken me so long to get this out! I really am :/