I Just Want You

Pour some syrup on it!

That was it. I was completely finished. I was practically on top of the world, and nothing was going to bring me down. Tom had just driven me to mail my finished comic book in to the publishers. He seemed pretty excited for me, but his excitement couldn’t even touch mine. This thing had been my baby for years, and now it was finally finished, and it was going to be published.

I was dancing around the kitchen listening to my I-pod and talking to Tom, when I was hit with a sudden urge to bake.

“I’m gonna make a celebratory cake!” I cried triumphantly, throwing my arms in the air.

Tom just chuckled, “sometimes I really wonder about you, luv. But a cake does sound lovely.”

I laughed and continued to dance around the room getting everything I needed. We only had chocolate cake mix, so that was just going to have to do. Not that I had any objections to it.

As I read the instructions on the side of the box Pour Some Sugar On Me started to play on my I-pod. And I, of course, just had to sing along!

“Take it off pause and just hit play. I'm going to show a recipe today!”

“What on earth-“ tom began, only to be cut off by me.

“The cake is nearly ready, get the oven on. Looking pretty good and it's very nearly done. Get the oven gloves and go put them on. It's 95 degrees, switch on the fan. Twist the little dial until the temperature right. Television cooks, they made me stay up all night. Better taste good, I've been working all week. This little cake is just for me, yeah!”

“You’ve completely lost it.” Tom just watched me dance around and sing, in awe. He definitely had no idea what to make of the show I was putting on.

“Hey! C'mon, grab a spoon, mix it up. Break the eggs, whisk them up!

“Pour some syrup on it! Ooh, that looks really good. Pour some syrup on it! C'mon just half a cup. Pour some syrup on it! Oh, I just can't get enough! It's hot, sticky sweet. Can't eat it yet, coz of the heat, yeah!” it was hard not to laugh at Toms expression at this point.

“Listen. Ice it, slice it, ready now EAT! Proud of my cake, I'm going to put it on show. Ramsay and Oliver can't get enough. Sweet taste, pudding, just eat it up!

“You gotta squeeze a little, squeeze a little, Ice it a little more. I love this cake, I want to bake some more. Sometime, anytime, sugar it sweet. This little cake is just for me, yeah!

“Grab the spoon, mix it up. Break the eggs, whisk them up!”

“hay guys- what the hell?” Dylan asked as she came into the kitchen, Oliver in tow.

“Pour some syrup on it! Ooh that looks really good. Pour some syrup on it! C'mon just half a cup. Pour some syrup on it. Oh, I just can't get enough.

”It's hot, sticky sweet. Can't eat it yet, coz of the heat.

”You got the topping, I got the cream. Thats's a cake, fit for a queen! Coz it's hot it is a real treat. But can't eat it yet, coz of the heat.

”Do you want cream? One scoop will do!

”Take the cake cut it up. Take the plate and eat it up!

”Pour some syrup on it! Ooh that looks really good. Pour some syrup on it! C'mon just half a cup. Pour some syrup on it! Ooh can't get enough. Pour some syrup on it! Get it, but not my bit. Pour some syrup on it! Ooooh! Pour some syrup on it! Yeah! All for me!” I poured the cake mix into the baking pan, as I finished the song.

“Well…” Oli said as I slid the pan into the oven, “I’m going back up to Dee’s room, and pretending that didn’t just happen,” he gave Tom a pat on the shoulder, “ave’ fun mate.”

“Oh, come on” I giggled, “my singing wasn’t that bad.”

“No, it wasn’t the singing,” Dee laughed as she left the room, “that was probably the only thing that was okay about whatever we just witnessed.”

“Yeah… well… no cake for either of you!” I called childishly after them, crossing my arms and pouting.

Tom just shook his head and chuckled, opening his arms up for a big hug. Which I happily gave him, “you’re so cute, luv.”

I gave him a small kiss, “thanks… I think?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, the weirdest shit happened as soon as I started to write the parody lyrics down! Pour Some Sugar On Me started to play on my I-pod! It’s on shuffle and across the room, so I didn’t do anything to make it play X)

I didn’t write any of the parody lyrics, I found them. Here’s the link to them! I think they’re brilliant X)

Here’s Ani’s outfit