Sequel: Sweet Naivety

You're a Cute Type of Ignorant

Unfair Love

"Hey, what's up chicken butt?" Tully asked playing with a stick. Even though I was freaking out I couldn't help but smile at his stupidity.

"Have you heard from Lyle?"

His eyes looked pained. "No. Why? Have you?"

"No...but guess what Becca told me.." I went on to explain what the girl who used to be my best friend said.

"Lyle got really, really strong. I couldn't even take him, when he tried to eat me it took all my strength to hold him back," he said in a hushed whisper, people were walking by.

"Yeah and he almost attacked me cause I pissed him off by laughing at his confession of being a ...you know," this is the most I had talked about him out loud, and my throat felt dry. "But how did you know?"

"Uh..." Tully looked up pondering. " When he goes out in sunlight, he doesn't burn. He just kind of goes invisible. And if he doesn't wear clothes..."

"How could you not tell me this?" I asked, a little angry. I remembered a pair of big cold hands holding me up. "Oh, my god. He was there. He's around us all the time, Tully!"

"Wait, how can you be sure?"

"That day, at the mall, I was shaking really hard. I noticed a pair of really cold hands holding me up and they were WAY too big to be Anna's. That's how he knows..."

"And then during the night he got his revenge."

We sat in silence, amazed at Lyle.

"You selfish bastard," I said.

"What?" Tully asked, offended.

"Not you, Lyle. He could be here right fucking now, and we wouldn't know it. What, we don't get to see you, but you get to see us. How about an update Lyle, come out in all your naked glory and give us an update. How ya been, boyfriend?!"

I said that pretty loudly. A lot of people looked my way like I was going crazy. I didn't care, now I could be the crazy slut. Damn, I was pissed.

"Amber, calm down."

"What, you're not pissed? It's not fair! Fuck..."

"Of course I'm pissed. If Lyle ifs here right now, I hope he knows it. I also hope he knows how much we both care about him, and how we don't care about, you know... It's been too long without my best friend. We both need him and I know he needs us. I hope he's realized that by now. And we'll just keep on saying this every time we are in the sunlight," Tully whispered, holding my shoulders. We called Anna back over and changed the subject every time she asked what we were talking about. That girl could be nosy.
♠ ♠ ♠
you guys suck at commenting.