Sequel: Sweet Naivety

You're a Cute Type of Ignorant

Alcohol is the Worst Supply of Sympathy

Tully went home, convinced she would be fine but I kept on looking for her. It was dark out, and I had no idea where she lived. She wasn't picking up her cell phone, and I was having one of my panic attacks. I pulled into my last destination, the beach. Tully let me borrow his car. She was sitting in the parking lot with a huge bottle in her hand. Uh oh. Alcohol.

Ambers POV

Lightheaded, I sat on the curb. A rock was digging into my back, later to leave a bruise but I don't care. My Smirnoff vodka in my hand, half empty I shook the bottle and took another chug of the clear liquid. My tongue had gone numb from the alcohol pounding my senses. The stars in the sky were turning and dancing, like sand grains in the wind. My eyes glazed over with the pure victory of being drunk. And to think, I took a vow of sobriety.

"What a contradiction I am," I said to no one in particular.

"I'm going to stop you from answering yourself because that is the first sign of insanity," A voice came from behind me. I pushed my head backwards to look and gave him a warm smile. "Wow. A smile. Alcohol does wonders on moody teenagers," He says.

Frowning, I slurred "Well, at least I don't stalk people," Swig. Fall.

"Woah, Graceful. I think your wasted."

Lyle's POv .. again =D

The consumption of the poison was getting to her. I was getting nervous on whether she was going to be ok or not. Sitting down beside her I pushed her gold hair out from her sweaty forehead. The perspiration drops were sliding down her face like tears. Her eyes were green. This was the first time she let me look in her eyes. I saw the drunkenness, but under that, trying to hide was so much hurt. I touched her cheek with my two fingers.

"What happened to you..?" I whisper, as she closes her eyes. I picked her up and carried her to my car placing her gently in the front seat. Shit, I have no idea where she lives. My house I guess. I pulled up and carried her inside letting her sleep in my bed. I get the floor but before I tuck her in, I bring my lips to her forehead.

"Goodnight Amber."

"Goodnight Lyle," I answer myself turning over to watch her until I sleep.