Status: Completed.

Just Take Off Your Wings

Sending Shivers Right Down Your Spine

Many people believe that it's only right for a female to be with a male, not for people of the same sex to be together. However, that isn't true, and it isn't right to think like that. We are in a new day of age, things like this should be accepted with open arms, maybe even a welcoming gift - say being couples of the same sex being able to get married in the same church as anyone else in their community can, not having to travel hundreds of miles and elope.

That's basically the story between Alex Gaskarth and Jack Barakat, how their life would become once their relationship progressed to marriage. From the day that they pressed their lips together, things didn't seem to get any easier for them - as if things were easy before that.

They couldn't tell their parents, because they wouldn't allow them to come home after that news; they couldn't tell their band, because they were afraid to hear what they had to say. But that one day, that one horrid day, Alex and Jack gave up hiding their feelings.

The day had started out like any other Valentines day: people roaming the streets of Baltimore with smiles on their faces, roses in their hands, and chocolate in the bags they carried as they hurried toward their loved ones home. There were paper hearts and cupids plastered in store windows and in people's homes.

The sky was a creamy blue and a light snowfall was taking over the streets when Alex woke up in his cozy bed, he pressed his hands on the window sill as he looked out, observing in the breath-taking view. A couple minutes later he felt hands wrap around his waist, assuming it was Lisa he didn't pay any mind to the kisses that trailed up his neck. He froze when he felt stubble brush against his own, he turned to see Jack, their chocolate eyes stared into the other.

"Jack?" Alex questioned, removing his best friend's hands.

"Alex," he replied softly, "I need to tell you something that's been on my mind for awhile now. I can't keep denying what I'm feeling, I think I'm in love with you."

"How much did you drink at that party last night, bro?"

"I didn't drink that much Jeager, I'm sober and dead serious, I have feelings for you."

"What do you expect me to say, hm, that I love you too? Because I don't."

Jack frowned slightly, "I don't want you to say anything, I want to you just think about this..."

The golden haired boy was about to ask what he meant but he didn't have the chance to, his best friend's smooth lips pressed against his. There was a moment of hesitation between both of them, but slowly Jack started to move his lips, soon followed by Alex's. They stood there, their arms wrapping around the other as they kissed, a warm feeling rushing through their veins as they continued.

Barakat stepped back to take a breath, he offered a sloppy smile at his friend's reaction; Alex stood there with his lips still parted, leaning forward slightly as if he didn't want the kissing to stop. He brushed back his black hair and placed a red rose on the bed, leaving the room and wondering to his own down the hall; the last thing he needed was one of their roommates to walk in.

Alex walked over to his bed, taking in the flower into his hands and smelling it, confused about the emotions that were swarming through him. A large smiled spread on his face when he felt weight on the other side of the bed, he turned to see Lisa, the smile wavered as she climbed closer to him, pressing her hands to his chest.

"Is that for me?" she asked eying the rose.

Alex shook his head, "No, I got you pink ones," he shut his eyes realizing he'd given away part of his gift, "trickster."

She kissed his cheek, "Happy Valentines Day, two years strong, my love."

He looked down at the rose in his hand, "Yeah, happy anniversary."

Alex changed out of his pajamas as Lisa took her shower, he pulled on a white sweater and black pants; after slipping on his shoes he walked downstairs. His breath caught when he saw Jack, but the other boy acted as if nothing happened that morning, he just continued to play his video game.

Gaskarth swung his keys around his index finger, "Anyone want to come with me to town?"

No one replied, they just went about what they were doing. Alex shrugged and walked out to his car, he looked through the windshield as he turned on the vehicle, smiling as he saw Jack walking out of the house, zipping up his hoodie. He opened the Audi's door and sat in the passenger's seat, still not looking at Alex, even when he buckled his seat belt.

Alex backed out of the driveway and headed towards town, "I was thinking-"

"You should probably think about this more," Jack replied, "it's only been an hour."

"But I have an answer," he persisted.

Barakat finally looked at him, "Please think about it more."

"You think I'm going to reject you, don't you?" he asked glancing at his friend, "Well I'm not, that kiss was something, and when I looked at you, I just felt like my heart was in my throat."

The other boy smiled softly, "Well I'm glad, but Lisa?"

"That's the problem, and the reason why I wanted to tell you my answer now in case you had any ideas on going about this."

Jack arched his brows.

"Breaking up with Lisa, she just doesn't cut if after that."

"We don't even know if this would work, you two have been together for awhile now, there's no reason to ruin it... I'm sorry I kissed you."

Alex frowned, reaching over and placing a hand on Jack's knee, "Don't be, we might be able to work this out."

"How?"

"We date in secret, see how things work... we can go from there."

Jack covered the calloused hand that was on his knee, "Whatever it takes to have you in my arms."

Time to lay claim to the evidence: finger prints sold me out, but our footprints washed away from the docks downtown. It's been getting late for days, and I think we're self-deserving of a little time off. We can kick it here for hours and just mouth off about the world, and how we know it's going straight to hell. Pass me another bottle honey, the Jeager's so sweet but if it keeps you around, then I'm down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count: 1128