I know you did it

Chapter Six

Drake’s POV

I saw my dad lift his foot up kicking Josie in the chest making her fall down the stairs.

“Josie!” I yelled running forward hoping to catch her arm but I knew I was too late.

“Drake, what are you doing?” Dad stopped me. “She’s supposed to be dead.”

“Excuse me?” I asked glaring at him.

He didn’t answer.

“Why? Why did you kill Rose, and try to kill Josie? They were the best thing that has happened to both of our lives!”

“…they deserved it.”

“No dad,” I said squaring my shoulders. “You do.” I said head budding him as hard as I could. Good thing my skull is made of rock.

He fell to the ground and I ran to Josie. I dropped to her side and she was lying in her blood.

“I’m so sorry Josie.” I said holding her bloody hand. I brushed away her auburn hair out of her face. “You were right.” I whispered.

I swam in her tearful blues eyes while she took her last few looks at me. Just then I saw everything in her eyes: the accident, I saw her holding her mom waiting for the ambulance.

“Drake…” She struggled to speak. “I love you.” She whispered then closed her eyes and laid her head back.

Then the door swung open…

Josie’s POV

‘No mom, I want to stay with you.’

‘Honey go back to Drake, he needs you.’

My mom kissed my forehead then she was gone.

I heard a beeping noise ringing in my ear. I felt someone rubbing my hand and then I knew. Drake.

My eyes felt sticky and were hard to open but I managed. I blinked a few times before they were completely open. I saw his dark hair on my bed. His head was down and that bothered me, I wanted to his face.

I tried to lift my head but it felt like a thousand pounds. My head fell back in defeat and the movement made Drake’s head snap open.

“Josie.” He cried. He held the same hand and brushed my hair back with the other. He kept that hand on my cheek. I leaned into his hand and smiled. When I opened my eyes he was crying.

“Don’t cry.” I said my voice sounding hoarse.

He wiped my face. I noticed he didn’t have any eyeliner on and he looked really tired.

“You haven’t slept.” I stated touching under his eyes.

“I couldn’t.”

“Are you okay? What happened? Where’s Nate?” I asked frantically coming back to the present.

“I’m fine, I’m fine. You were hit over the head and pushed down the stairs. You lost a lot of blood. The paramedics came just in time, Liam called them. I guess he hung out longer than we knew. And Nate is staying in jail for a long time.”

“Hey! Josie you’re up!” Landon cheered coming in with coffee. “Finally girl, Drake was gonna go crazy.”

“How long was I out?” I asked Drake.

“A few days.”

A few days?

“Wha-what?” I studdered. “What have I missed?”

“It’s okay, you haven’t missed a thing.” Drake assured me.

Landon backed away a bit, giving us some privacy I guess.

“I thought I lost you.” Drake said leaning his forehead against mine.

“You will never lose me.” I said slowly.

He leaned in slowly and gave me a kiss.

I heard Landon groaned when it turned into more than a peck. I giggled then heard a knock at the door.

“Oh yeah, there’s someone here to see you.” Drake said. “Come in!”

In walked a man wearing a snazzy army outfit.

“Dad?” I gasped.

Drake kissed my forehead. “I’ll give you guys some time.”

Drake and Landon left and I tried to sit up more. Dad ran over helping me.

“How did you get here? What about the army?”

“I was promoted to a Recruiter. I’m staying right here baby.”

MY head was starting to throb but I didn’t care. My dad was finally coming home, for good.

“I really wanted to be here for Roses’ funeral. Bless her heart. I was trying to get a hold of Nate to see if I could get you to live with me. But he kept denying my phone calls.”

“What?” He told me he couldn’t get a hold of him.

“Yeah well I would have come sooner.” Dad explained.

“No, it’s okay dad. Nate played us all…even his own kids.”

“I heard you were awake.” A pretty red hair nursed said coming in. “How you feelin?” she asked looking at my charts.

“Um, alright. My head just hurts.”

“That’s understandable. I will give you some pain killers and hopefully you can be let out tonight.”

I smiled at the thought of that. The nurse put something in my IV and left.

“Wait, where are we going to live? On the base?” I asked.

“We’re going back to our house. I don’t have to live on base anymore. You will be graduating next year anyways.”

Drake knocked on the door and waited to come in.

“You got a nice young man too.” Dad whispered while waving Drake to come in.

I smiled at Drake and he smiled back. Dad rubbing my hand before getting up. “I’ll be outside.” He said.

When he stood up Drake stood straight and they both saluted.

My dad laughed dropping his hand on Drakes shoulder.

“I like this kid Jose. You should be thinking about the Army, we could use you.”

“No!” I screeched. “Dad, go recruit someone else.” I said quieter.

They both laughed. While dad left Drake laid on the bed next to me. I laid my head on his shoulder and we both sighed.

“So, what are you and Landon going to do?” I asked after a moment of peaceful silence.

“Well, I think your dad has recruited Landon.” My body stiffened. “Don’t worry, I won’t leave you.” He said kissing my hair.

“You guys are already eighteen and graduating this year. What are you going to do?”

“Stay with you.” He answered simply.

“Forever.” I agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
yes it was meant to be this short.
Hope you enjoyed.
Im probably going to be starting some other things now that i finally know how to WORK it.