Isle of the Not Gerbils

Journal

Journal

Two Months Since Disaster

It’s been two long months since that horrid disaster at sea. I can only write a brief description of our predicament, so that if by some chance this is ever found, my family will know what has become of me. It was a catastrophic day when that fateful storm washed us ashore on this horrid isle. We were stunned to see sunflowers, as far as we could see, as tall as skyscrapers! All of us wondered aloud at the miraculous place we had found ourselves in. Little did we know at the time how truly terrible our lives would soon become.

It was three days later that we were discovered by the locals. However, these locals are not as you would assume. They were not humans, but three foot tall hamsters, all wielding spears and talking amongst themselves excitedly. I occasionally heard the name Fu-Fu-Caesar, though at the time we could only giggle at the ridiculous name. As our captors marched us through the sunflowers we witnessed other humans, possibly washed ashore as we were, working in the dizzying heights. Several would through sunflower seeds down to those waiting below, and they in turn would load the huge seeds into wagons to be wheeled back to the settlements. As we continued our journey toward the center of the island, we began to see more and more of these strangely large hamsters. They seemed to be humanly intelligent, whispering among each other when they thought that those escorting us could not hear.

When we finally reached the main city of the island, we were stunned by the beauty of the single largest sunflower, right in the center of the city. Sparkling with dew and jewels it looked like something from a fairytale. Inside was where we met the tyrant that ruled this land. His name was Fu-Fu-Caesar the Fourteenth. He ruled with his master trident and his unibrow of mass destruction. He sat upon a throne of sunflower seeds, decorated with small sparkling jewels. When we were presented before him, he stared down at us with cruel glee shining through from the depths of his eyes. He spoke for several minutes in a language that was unknown to any of us, but it was apparently very pleasing to the other hamsters, as they continuously giggled aloud at whatever their dictator was saying. Finally, Fu-Fu-Caesar paused a moment, studying us speculatively. Then he shouted again in the odd foreign language. A cheerful uproar was heard from those present in the throne room.

We were then, literally, thrown into the dungeons for several days. When we finally emerged from our dark, dank prison, we were put to work on what can only be described as a Hamster Dooms Day Device. I can’t go into specifics for I fear that one of the guards is approaching. Now I must hide this paper. If any of the guards were to discover it I shudder to think of what might happen to us. So I leave you with this advice: do NOT call the hamsters of ‘The Isle of the Not Gerbils’ gerbils! You will pay the consequences!
♠ ♠ ♠
HOPE YOU LIKED IT!! PLEASE REVIEW AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT!! (And yes...this was our actual project for school! :P)