Dreams.

Chapter Three.

"Tobey... This isn't working." She mumbled, looking up at me. I cupped her face in my hands and leaned my forehead against hers.

"It will work, Meg. I promise." I assured her, planting a soft kiss on her cheek. Tears began streaming down her face as she turned away from me and began walking. It was an open field, and it was night. I was scared to let her go. I feared for her. "Megan! Wait!"

I tried to run to catch up with her, but the more I ran, the farther ahead she got. Her red hair was relaxed on her shoulders as if she wasn't moving, It looked like she was gliding. I finally stopped running and just stared.

"MEGAN!" I shouted, but she never turned around. I felt a tear fall down my face as I stood there, and she turned into ash. I picked up running again, and soon found myself kneeling by her ashes. My tears mixed with them as I cried softly, and in those ashes formed the beautiful, purple eyes I had always seen.


* * *

"He's gonna be fine, sis. He just hit his head." I heard Jed say, chuckling some. He would think this kind of thing is funny. I opened my eyes, then squinted them a little when I came face to face with a bright light. I was in the college infirmary. I tried to sit up, but got woozy and went straight back down. "See, he's alive!"

"Shut it douche..." I mumbled, pointing to Jed.

"I told you he's fine. He's even calling me names again. Tobey is normal." Jed stated, and Emma came over to me.

"You scared the hell out of me." She told me, I smiled

"I just fell and bumped my head, it's not like I shot myself or something."

"Well, the nurse said you have a concussion, and if you didn't wake up soon they would take you to the hospital."

"But they didn't. So obviously I'm fine." I grinned at her and slowly sat up, leaning on the pillow behind me. The nurse came over and smiled, leaning my head forward to examine it.

"I want you do stay in your dorm for a day or two Mr. Hall. Let this heal up. I'm sure one of your friends would be glad to bring you what you missed." She told me, and I nodded, turning to sit on the edge of the bed.

When I went to stand up, I wobbled a bit, but Jed caught me. We made our way back to the dorm room, and Emma came with us. I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling, examining the photographs. I was a fan of taking Polaroid pictures, and I put them on the ceiling above my head so I could look at them whenever I wanted. They were just different scenes. Maybe an ocean, or a picture of my friends. Anything random.

"You doing okay?" Emma asked, I looked at her and grinned.

"I'm fine, I promise." I reassured her, sitting up. I picked a bouncy ball up off the floor and tossed it between my hands. She sat by me on the bed.

"Well, okay. I may stay in here with you guys tonight." She said

"Dude, you'll get killed." Jed told her

"They won't know. I'll tell my roomie right now." She pulled out her cell phone and typed a message quickly then set it on the bed next to her. "I'll just make a pallet in the floor and sleep."

"Nah, you can have my bed, I'll sleep on the floor. Plus, We still have one more class today. I'll bring you your stuff, Tobey." Jed looked at the clock and stood up, grabbing his bag. Emma and Jed left the room, and I laid back down, rolling over on my side. I shut my eyes and fell into a deep sleep that was provoked by the pain meds that were still in my system.

* * *
"Tobey... Don't leave me..." Megan's sweet voice filled my head.