Status: Active

Careful

Red Head

Image

I pulled my still damp hair into a messy bun before fixing my shirt and my lounge pants. I put some foundation over the bags under my eyes but didn't bother with any other type of make-up.

I moved away from the mirror in my room and pulled on my Uggs. I was not in the mood to get all dressed up to go to school.

I lay back on my bed and closed my eyes tight, trying to sneak in a couple more minutes of sleep before E came up here and tried to drag me out of the house.

Just as my breathing evened out and my eye lids began to fall shut there was a loud knock on my door.

"Come on U! Time for breakfast!" Ephraim yelled through the door.

I groaned and pulled myself up off the bed before grabbing my bag off the floor.

Today was going to be a long day. Not just because I could hardly sleep, but because today would be the first day I'd have to face Jake and Em.

----------

I took a deep breath and let it out as E pulled into a parking spot.

"You okay?" He asked looking over at me.

"No. I just don't even want to deal with it." I sighed as my face fell into my hands.

"If you don't face it now it's only going to get worse Euphoria."

"I know but..." I trailed off, unable to come up with anything to say.

"Just take it moment by moment. If you keep thinking too far ahead you'll never be able to face it head on. Let's just focus on making it to your locker for starters." My brother said pushing open his door and climbing out of the car.

I let out a long breath and followed him out of the car.

We made our way into the school quickly and I was relieved when I didn't see Jacob or Embry around. I walked straight to my locker and opened it just as Quil came up and started a conversation with E.

I sighed in relief when the first bell rang without any confrontation and walked to my first period with Quil.

I was almost to the classroom when I heard my name being called.

I turned while Quil got pulled aside by the teacher and sighed when I realized that I was alone with Jacob.

Quil shot me an apologetic look as the teacher pulled him over to her grade book.

"Jacob just leave me alone." I said once he stopped himself in front of me.

"I can't do that." He said desperately.

"You've done a good job the past few weeks. Now I know the truth and you don't have to worry about trying to cover it up now." I said coldly trying not to let my emotions get the best of me.

"Can't we just move past this? I swear I'll never let you down again."

I gave a sarcastic laugh.

"I'm sorry if I don't have a lot of faith in you right now Jacob. I'm not sure if I even want to put my faith in you. You haven't proven to be a good friend to me." I watched as he flinched at the word friend.

"I know I've fucked up Euphoria. But I don't want to lose you. How am I supposed to show you that if you won’t give me a chance?" He said with a sigh.

"I guess you don't get to." I whispered before turning away quickly and walking into my first period class, taking my seat.

----------

Ephraim

I sat next to Quil in our third period. I was really worrying about Euphoria.

Quil had explained what had happened before first hour and I hadn't had a chance to talk to her all day.

"What do you think they do?" Quil asked me abruptly.

"What are you talking about man?" I asked running a hand through my hair and shaking it loose in frustration.

"Last night Embry's mom called my house all frantic. Apparently Em's been saying that he has been staying with Jacob and me for a while. She called Jake’s house to check up on him because he was supposed to be staying with him tonight but nobody answered. She called my house to see if they were with me and she freaked out when I told her that he hadn't talked to any of us in a month and had missed like a week and a half of school." Quil explained.

"So he hasn't been home?" I asked in disbelief.

"It's crazy right? What do you think they're up to?" He asked again.

"I have no clue. But I think we should find out." I said with a smirk.

"What are you thinking?" He asked with an extreme amount of interest.

"You'll see." I said as a mischievous grin took over my face.

----------

Jacob

I sat in the kitchen of my house as I ate dinner going over the confrontation between me and U earlier today.

I've wanted to come out of my own skin since she said she wasn't going to give me a chance to fix our failing relationship.

It was even worse knowing that the woman who you were destined to be with wanted nothing to do with you.

Everyone else who had an imprint was assuring me that things would work out and not to worry about it but none of them understood. It was fairly easy for them to win over their imprints and their best friends weren't in love with their imprints either.

A distant but demanding howl erupted from the woods and I quickly stood to my feet heading for the back door.

I sprinted for the forest line and once I was well hidden in the thick trees of the lush forest I tore my clothes off and phased.

I could hear nothing but commotion in my head. Sam, Paul, Jared, Embry. Everyone’s thoughts were going crazy.

'What's happening?' I thought.

'The red head is back.' Sam said while he was trying to catch up to Paul and Jared, who were right on her tail.

'She is heading your way Jake. Be ready.' Paul thought.

'Okay.'

I heard a twig snap in the distance and my head snapped in the direction the noise was coming from and my heart dropped into the pits of my stomach to see Ephraim behind the trees.

'Change her direction! Euphoria's brother is right here!' I thought but it was too late.

The red head broke through the trees and everybody froze; all of our attention on Ephraim.

The red head smirked and lunged for him and none of us were fast enough to get in her way. She sunk her teeth into his arm and took off to the north.

I phased pulled on the pair of shorts that were tied to my ankle.

"E! E, are you okay?" I asked frantically as I knelt next to him.

He yelled out in agony as he started to thrash around on the floor.

"MY ARM!!! IT'S ON FIRE!!!" And my heart broke.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait on this. I'm getting back into the groove of writing. [: Please don't forget to comment and subscribe. Love you guys.