Status: Active

Careful

Ephraim

Image

Ephraim

"So let me get this straight." Quil said skeptically. "You want us to go to Jake's house to spy and follow him like creeps."

"Oh come on Quil. It's not as creepy as you're making it sound." I rolled my eyes.

"I know but I'm not sure if I want to know what their up to so bad that I would stalk them." He said while biting into a sandwich.

"You do know my sister can't even sleep at night? Do you have to listen to her scream out every thirty minutes and ignore it because she asks you to? No you don't. So if you don't want to come with me then don't." I snapped grabbing my coat and walking out of his house.

----------

I stayed behind the cover of green bushes as I watched Jacob eat dinner in the kitchen of his house.

I'd been watching him for about an hour now and nothing was happening. All he had done was watch TV with his dad and eat, a lot.

I was about to leave when a howl echoed throughout the forest. I jumped back, not expecting that at all.

If I wasn't willing to leave be for, I was now.

Jake's door slammed open and he took off into the forest.

I wanted to leave but I knew I needed to follow him. I had a bad idea about it though.

I took off in the direction he did and when I broke into an area surround in thick trees I found the shirt Jake had been wearing along with his shoes.

"What the hell." I murmured looking around.

Was Jacob running around without anything but his shorts on?

I heard rustling deeper in the forest and I followed them despite the unsettling feeling in my gut.

I broke through a small clearing where the trees had become less dense. I looked around and my eyes widened when saw a wolf the size of a horse in the middle of the clearing.

I took a step back getting ready to leave and accidentally stepped on a fallen twig. The wolf's attention was immediately on me. My first instinct was to run but my legs wouldn't move.

The next thing I knew a flash of red broke through the trees along with four more wolves. The flash of red stopped for a millisecond and then jumped in my direction.

I fell to the floor from the impact and hit my head on a rock and then my arm began to hurt.

At first it was like I burned myself with hot oil. Then it felt like someone had stuck it in a burning hot fire.

I began to thrash around on the floor trying to get away from the fire.

"MY ARM!!! IT'S ON FIRE!!!"

It was no use trying to get away from the fire, it had already began to spread and take over my whole body.

----------

Jacob

"Oh fuck! Sam, you guys! What the fuck are we going to do! That's Euphoria's brother! He was just bitten by a vampire and my imprint's brother is going to become a vampire!" I yelled as E thrashed around on the floor.

"We have to take him to the Cullen’s." Sam said.

"What? No way!" I spat.

"We have no other options. We can't just leave him here. When the transformation becomes complete he won’t know what's going on. A least they can let him know what's going on. And when he feeds they'll take him away from the area and hopefully introduce him to their diet." His points were too good to ignore and I knew we all had to put aside our feelings for the Cullen’s.

----------

It took a lot of effort to get Ephraim to the Cullen’s. He was thrashing and yelling at the top of his lungs.

When we finally arrived the whole coven was outside awaiting our arrival. When they realized that we had a human in the process of becoming a vampire things became frantic.

"Who is this?" Carlisle asked pulling Ephraim from my arms and taking him into his house and up the stairs to his office.

"Ephraim, my imprint's twin brother." I whispered as he laid him out on the couch.

"How did this happen?" Edward demanded.

I shot him a dirty look and turned to Carlisle.

"There has been this red head vampire trying to make her way into Forks but we cut her off every time. I think he must have followed me into the forest and she attacked him to get our attention off of her." I explained.

"Well we will take care of him; I can assure you of that." Carlisle said sending Edward a look.

"You guys wouldn't happen to know what this red head wants would you?" Sam questioned, noticing the look as well.

They told us the story of what happened last year and that this red head, Victoria, wanted to kill Bella because Edward had killed her mate, James.

We worked out a patrolling plan because neither of us wanted her around.

"Well I assure you Ephraim will be well taken care of here." Carlisle said again.

"He is really close to his sister. She's my imprint and will eventually know about you guys and what her brother has become. Will they ever be able to see each other again?" I asked.

I knew already this was going to crush Euphoria. She was going to have a mental breakdown and I knew I would have to try and make things better for her.

"It's hard to tell. It might be months or it could be years. It is all going to depend on his tolerance for human blood." Carlisle explained.

I nodded.

"What are we going to tell people?" I asked.

"We can come up with a cover story. You won’t have to worry about that."

"Thank you." I whispered as I watched in horror while E thrashed around on the couch and screamed out in agony.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was supposed to update Hearts Desires but my internet failed when I was almost done with the chapter. I'm so pissed right now I just need to focus on a different story for awhile. :I