Status: Active

Careful

Unwelcome

Image

My alarm clock rang in my ear the next morning and I groggily shut it off before pushing the blankets off myself and getting out of bed.

I grabbed a brush and combed through the messy curls. I grabbed my curling iron and plugged it in before starting on my make up. I went with natural tones that brought out my brown eyes.

After I was finished I walked over to my closet and pulled out a pair of my favorite jeans and a random band shirt. I pulled that on and slipped on my worn vans before I started to make my natural curls look a little more neat.

I made my way down stairs ten minutes later, my back pack slung over my shoulder.

Ellie was preparing breakfast burritos for me, E and Keanu.

"Morning Euphoria." She smiled rolling the burrito and handing it to me.

"Morning Ellie. Thanks." I smiled taking a seat and starting to eat while she handed me a bottle of water.

"No problem." She said as Ephraim walked down the stairs in a white v-neck and black jeans with a pair of high top Nikes on.

"Morning sisters." He smiled taking the burrito Ellie handed him and digging in.

"Morning E." Ellie and I said in unison.

"Well I'll be at work today and I probably wont be home when you guys get back, Keanu might though." Ellie said as she made Keanu's breakfast.

Eliana was a pharmacist and switched off days with the other pharmacist in town. She made good money and she loved what she did.

"Okay. Come on U, your driving." Ephraim said as I pulled my keys out of my pocket.

"Don't forget your lunch money." Ellie said pointing to two five dollar bills on the counter.

"Thanks Ellie. See you tonight." I said pulling Ephraim out the door while he tried to fix his hair in the front hallway mirror.

-----------

The drive to the school was relatively short. La Push wasn't very big. I pulled into an open spot and turned the key, turning off the car.

"Here we go." E muttered pushing his door open and stepping onto the ground.

I sighed and followed his lead. I shut and locked the doors following Ephraim to the front office that was marked administration.

We got looks as we passed by cliques that were hanging out in the parking lot. Some people whispered to each other looking at our attire and then some ignored us completely.

I was grateful for the walls that blocked the curious eyes that followed us when we made it into the building.

We walked up to the desk and a woman with almond shaped brown eyes and long silky brown hair with a pudgy face looked up and gave us an ultra white smile.

"Hi we're Ephraim and Euphoria Osceola, the new students."

"Ah yes, I have your schedules and a map right here for the both of you." She smiled as she went through a small stack of papers before clutching four and pulling them out.

"This one is for Euphoria," She handed me two slips of paper, "And this one is for Ephraim." She handed E his.

"Thanks." I smiled as E and I started back out of the office.

E and I compare schedules and found we had our last three classes together after lunch but we would have to endure the first five alone.

The first bell rang and E gave me a quick hug before we separated into different directions.

The classes were fast and I wasn't forced to stand and introduce myself which was good. I had been in the same schools my whole life and never had to do anything like that so I was happy I didn't have to learn.

Ephraim met me at the entrance to the cafeteria and we walked in together. We passed tables and people stared. I couldn't help but wonder if these people had ever seen someone they didn't know before. All the staring was annoying me to no end.

After we got something to eat we sat down at a vacant table and talked about our teachers. Ephraim had to introduce himself three times and said I was lucky I didn't have to.

"You can tell the kids here don't like new comers, especially ones that aren't Quileute." He said shaking his head.

"I noticed. I hate when people stare at me. It makes me so uncomfortable." I sighed taking a drink of my water.

"Hey it's those twins." E and I turned to see two of the guys we met at the beach yesterday making their way towards us.

It was Jacob and Embry I think.

"They have names Em. Ephraim and Euphoria right?" The one I remembered as Jacob asked taking a seat next to me while Embry sat next to E.

"Correct. So what brings you guys over here. If you haven't noticed U and I apparently have some sort of disease 'cause we aren't Quileute. You wouldn't want to catch it." E said before taking a bite of his pizza in front of him.

I snorted and the guys all looked at me and then busted out laughing as my cheeks burned with embarrassment.

"They just don't like people that can't trace their ancestors all the way back to the beginning. Trust me, I've had that problem too." Embry said.

"You're not Quileute?" I asked finishing off my sandwich.

"Nope, my mom came here after she got pregnant with me. We are from a nearby tribe though." He said as he bit into an apple.

I nodded and played with the ring on my right hand.

"So what are you're next classes?" Jacob asked.

I pulled out my schedule and handed it to him.

"Me and E have the next three together." I said as he scanned over it.

"I have the next one and the last one with you guys." He flashed another smile and handed me back the schedule.

"Well at least we'll know one person who will talk to us." I said.

"Yeah I'm not afraid to catch your disease." Jacob winked and we all laughed.

"Well looks like I'm missing out on a party. What's so funny?" Quil asked taking a seat in between Embry and Jacob.

"Nothing." Jacob laughed as the bell rang.

"Well off to the next class." I sighed picking up my bag and slinging it over my shoulder before grabbing my trash and throwing it in the nearest trash bin.

"Let's go." Ephraim walked ahead of us and Jacob and I followed.

I took a deep breath and reminded myself that the day was almost over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all who subscribed.