Status: slowly coming back to life.... after a long time away....

Until the End.

Pain

The last thing I had ever wanted to do was to tear my family apart. That was one of the main reasons I had left. But my return seemed to have done exactly that.
As I awoke to the roars and cries of my family all my mind was screaming at me was to leave. But my body, my body refused. Stuck in a state of shock that someone I loved had turned so against me. I never thought that I would ever have seen and heard such hate and malice pouring out of Brian’s being.

I thought of Papa Gates as my father, hell I was treated as his daughter and given as much respect as any member of the Gates family. It had never occurred to me that Brian would hate me because of that.

Guilt and sadness threatened to rip me apart. My small crumpled body rocked with sobs that threatened to erupt. I lay in the corner seemingly forgotten by everyone as they tried to calm Brian down. I could hear the growls of anger and frustration rip though the house as he rampaged from room to room venting on meaningless objects. I could hear Jimmy and Matt trying to calm him, with no results.

Struggling into a sitting position I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I could feel my body relax as it slowly healed itself. The bump on the back of my head was vanishing with the pain. I pulled my knees to my chest and let a few tears fall before quickly wiping them away. Tears won’t help. They never have. Not when my parents died. Not when I was changed. Not now.

I took in another deep breath before standing. My eyes burst open as the door banged open and Brian stood before me with murder in his blood red eyes.

I held my breath as he stalked towards me, his hands tight fists at his sides. I knew he wouldn’t kill me, just as I knew he wanted to cause me as much pain as I caused him. I stood a little straighter and looked him in the eye. He stopped barely a foot away, breathing hard, chest heaving, eyes glowing. Behind him the rest gathered uneasy with the deadly silence that filled the kitchen. From the corner of my eye I could see that they looked unsure of what to do. Just as I was unsure of what was to come.

He reached up as if to touch the red mark his hand had left on my cheek. But before he left himself touch me his hand curled back up, his eyes screwed tightly closed as a hole was punched into the was beside me. He lay his head on my shoulder still breathed hard, hand still encased in the plaster of the wall. I slowly moved my hands up to his shoulders as he wrapped his arms around me, a sob burst from his chest as he buried his face in my neck. I held him tight as he shuddered against me. I let out a breath as a few tears found their way down my cheeks. Outside the sky darkened as my mood did and rain began to fall in sync with my tears.

Nothing was going to be the same without Papa Gates. Brian had not yet forgiven me, but he needed me. The family needed me. A war has started, and I am going to end it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I think its been like 2 years since I updated this. I'm so sorry. My laptop died and I lost the entire file along with the will to write it. But Im back into it now! so hold tight and let me know if its even worth continuing!! please!
xx