Noone

The Stranger

It seemed like hours before they finally let Lucas leave the hospital. They felt he still needed therapy for his head injury. But no, not after seeing his “fiancée” on the TV with that bastard. Lucas felt a twinge of fury stab at his heart, how could she? What lie did Jeff Donner tell her? That Lucas had been the one to strike first or maybe a thug beat Lucas before Jeff could get there…It didn’t matter, he had her now. She was tainted by his stink, his evil, his lies…

*Lucas’s POV*

My head was throbbing, almost like it wanted me to remember that night over and over. Melanie kept floating in front of me, a phantom I’d never get back. A stray tear ran down my face, I didn’t even try to stem the flow of bitter tears. She had been the one to help me through my depression, she told me to stop hurting myself…GOD! Why’d she do this!? That fucking whore, she probably wanted this! I screamed in my dark and despairing mind…no, no, no…

*Third Person*

Lucas grasped the wall next to him, aghast at the horrible thoughts running through his head. What was this? Where’d all this anger come from? He cast a shaking glance down, seeing a discarded newspaper. The date read: October 31. It was Halloween, his favorite day of the year. Lucas grinned, thinking of the bar he and Melanie used to go to all decked out in their darkest costumes. He frowned, he needed to stop thinking about her, she obviously forgot about him. Lucas began his trek back to his small and now extremely dusty apartment. Opening the old door, he was met with familiar surroundings. The light filtered through a large window, which was in desperate need of cleaning. He sighed; throwing himself onto the faded couch…nothing could make this day any worse…nothing. Lucas grumbled digging around for the elusive remote, before turning the television on.

This day indeed could not get any worse, but the sight of what was on the television made him grin numbly. It appeared that Ol’ Jeff Donner was hosting a Halloween party and where Jeff was…his “wife” would surely follow. Whether it was temporary madness or a bout of randomness, Lucas began to softly chuckle. Turning his eyes to the now failing sun, he knew what he had to do…tonight would be a night that whore would never forget.

Two hours pasted while Lucas stared into nothingness, seeming to leave his body. Pure bliss and hatred were running through his veins, soon he would see her again. At last, Lucas rose from the couch, disappearing into his dark bedroom to change into his “costume”. Time itself seemed to tick slower until he re-emerged into the dull glow of the sunset. It was a simple costume, a black suit paired with a blood red tie. It was all tied together with the aid of his shoulder length wild black hair that seemed to have a mind of its own. But perhaps it was the make-up he wore, applied so thick it seemed to hide any trace of Lucas…leaving some stranger with black eye make-up to walk around in his body. Grinning slightly, the stranger walked out of the apartment. It didn’t take him long before he came upon the Halloween party, already in full swing. The stranger slipped in, unnoticed by security or by anyone for that matter. He knew what was in there, and he planned on seeing her…one way or another.

Minutes ticked by tensely for the stranger, was she here? No, she was…the whore had to be near. As if his prayers were heard by some unseen force, the stranger found her sitting absently at the bar. Silently walking up behind her, he took a moment to control the urge to strangle her and proceeded to tap her lightly on the shoulder.

“Such a festive party for one such as you to be alone,” He purred, his voice like smooth velvet.

“Yes, well…it’s not my favorite holiday. Not since. It’s just not my holiday,” Melanie murmured, turning to view the man.

“Dare I ask why? Perhaps something bad happened? Something you feel guilty about?” He pressed, a bitter edge creeping into his voice.

“I lost someone one Halloween ago, it doesn’t feel right celebrating,” Melanie whispered, her lip slightly trembling.

“Don’t you worry sugar, I’m sure they’re just fine,” He said, emphasizing the last two words.

“Sugar? Please, call me Melanie,” She snorted, blushing slightly at the stranger.

“Melanie, fine name…” He murmured, starting to turn to leave.

“I didn’t catch yours…,” She asked.

“Just call me Noone,” He answered, slipping into the crowd.

*Noone’s POV*

God that bitch is dead…but not before I get some payback… This is going to be fun, isn’t it Lucas?