Rule Breaker

Hassle

Abbey tied her hair back into a pony tail as she applied make-up to her pale face. She had to be at work in thirty minutes, and she had just woke up about five minutes ago. She needed to make a mental note to get herself an alarm clock that worked. After lining her eyes with a light coating of black liner, she splashed some blush on her cheeks and then walked out of the room. Her clients would just have to deal with her looking like she rolled out of the bed today. She could always fix herself up at work if they were slow.

As Abbey entered the salon she smiled at her best friend Kendra, and boss Maria Baker, who was the mom of the infamous Zacky V from Avenged Sevenfold. She had been working for Maria for about a year now, and she had come to love the woman as a mother.

"How are you today, Abs?" Maria asked.

"I'm fine. My alarm clock gave me some hassle this morning."

Maria giggled, "I thought you were getting a new one."

Abbey smiled, "I need to. I forgot last time."

Abbey made her way over to her station and began putting everything in place. She had been a hair dresser for over three years now, and loved every minute of it. It was an exciting field to be in. She turned around when she heard the dinging of the door. She smiled at her blond friend Gena as she walked into the salon. She was late, as usual, but Maria didn't seem to mind.

Abbey looked over and Kendra was rolling her eyes. It was no secret that Kendra and Gena didn't get along. Gena wasn't the nicest of people to be around at times. Abbey had never actually had a problem with her, although she didn't agree with everything she done.

"Hey bitches." Gena said, walking over and pulling her apron over her shirt.

"Hi Gena." Abbey said, being polite.

Kendra didn't say anything. She just focused on her client who just walked in. Abbey wished the salon wasn't so stressful when the two of them worked the same hours. She was just waiting for the minute Gena said something that pissed Kendra off. She just knew her friend would pounce on her without thinking twice.

After a couple of hours, Maria let the girls know she was going to go pick up her grand kids. She wouldn't be back for the rest of the working day. She would stop back in before the shop closed down, but that was still five hours from now.

As soon as Maria left. Gena smiled, and began collecting her things. This was not something that shocked or surprised Abbey, Kendra, or any other of the stylist. She always left as soon as Maria was out of sight. She wasn't really interested in working. She would always leave, and then come back, toss some hair on her floor, and act exhausted by the time Maria returned. No one ever told Maria about it. No one wanted to get involved, and she believed every word Gena said no matter what.

"I hope that slut catches something soap and water won't bring off. Then maybe Zack will realize what a whore he's dating." Kendra muttered.

Abbey frowned. She, along with everyone else was well aware of where Gena would go. She would often meet random clients and take them home, or go to their home. She was smart with her game, and hadn't been caught in all of the years she had been dating Zacky. It was no hidden fact that she was only dating him for his fame and money.

"How can he not know?" Kendra muttered yet again.

Abbey didn't like talking about people, so she kept her mouth shut. It also didn't help that she considered Gena a friend. Even though she had never really done anything for her, she still believed in being there for a person until they screwed up. Gena had done nothing to her, so she had nothing against her.

Abbey done a few hair cuts, and sat down to look at her mess of hair. She had dyed it a reddish brown, and ended up falling in love with the color. It was long, and had a slight wave to it. She would normally straighten it, but today she had been running late and didn't even bother. She took the hair tie out of it, and allowed it to hand loosely down her shoulder's. It had a bit of kink in it due to being tied up for hours.

Abbey looked up hearing the bell ding. She was expecting yet another customer, but was shocked to see Zacky walk through the door. He never showed up when Gena was gone. She had always been smart enough to cover her ass. Abbey began wondering why he was possibly here.

She watched as his stunning green eyes surveyed the salon, looking for his blond haired girlfriend. He shook his head as his search came up empty handed. Abbey swallowed hard as she saw him take a few steps forward.

"Hey Abbey, Kendra." He said to the two of them.

Kendra turned around and plastered a bright smile on her face. "Hi Zacky. How are you?" Kendra asked.

"Fine, you?"

"Dandy."

"Hey Abbey." Zacky said looking directly at Abbey. She hadn't said hello yet, and he was damned determined to make her before he left.

He had been into his mother's shop a hundred times since she had been hired, and he had only talked to her a few times. She was really short, and absolutely stunning. He often found himself starring at her, rather than Gena when he came by. He didn't know what it was about the red head with green eyes, but she just caught his attention.

Abbey grinned, "Hi Zacky."

"Have you seen Gena around?" He said, getting straight to the point.

Abbey chewed on her bottom lip. This had never happened. Zacky had never showed up when she was gone. No one ever had to lie for her. She had always been so smart, but now he was standing directly in front of Abbey and she thought she was going to die.

"Gena left this morning, Zack. Right after your mom did." Kendra stated.

Abbey breathed in and looked over at her best friend with shock written across her face. Was Kendra trying to purposely get Gena in trouble? Abbey swallowed hard as she took a few steps backwards and balanced herself on her station. She could tell that the shit was going to hit the fan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image