Rule Breaker

Obvious

Abbey removed the curling iron from her hair and inspected herself in the mirror. Her long auburn hair was hanging down in loose curls. Her make-up was down dark and dramatic. She was dressed to kill in a black form fitting dress that ended just above her knees. She didn't know why she had the sudden urge to dress herself up. She hadn't felt attractive in a long time, and she guessed she just wanted to feel good about herself again. She slipped on her black heels, and then walked down the stairs. Zacky was already gone to his show. Kendra was suppose to pick her up any minute now. She was just told to dress to kill. She still had no clue where she and her friend were going.

There was a knock at the door, and she turned off the lights, and then walked out of the door. Kendra was standing there in a similar dress, only hers was lime green. Her friend flashed her a big smile and the two of them walked over and climbed inside her small cherry colored car.

"Where are we going?" Abbey asked.

"I figured we could go to a club."

"A club? What club?"

Kendra smirked, "It's a surprise."

Abbey just smiled slyly as her friend drove towards the mysterious destination. She wondered what club they would be attending. She really wasn't big on dancing and drinking, but she would still have fun.

Abbey was surprised when Kendra pulled into the parking lot where Zacky was performing. She looked over at her friend, and Kendra laughed as she pulled out two backstage passes.

"Where did you get these?"

"Zacky gave them to me awhile ago."

"And you're just now telling me about it?"

"Yeah." Kendra laughed, opening her door.

Abbey followed her inside, and Kendra handed her a back stage pass. She placed it around her neck, and then they made their way back towards where the band was set up. She had met some of the guys before, but she was still nervous. Especially to see Zacky. She wondered what he would think about her all dressed up.

"Damn I know what you want in your Christmas stocking this year, V." Syn stated.

"And what's that?" Zacky laughed.

Syn pointed, and Zacky allowed his green eyes to looked towards where his finger was. His eyes nearly popped out of his head as he watched Abbey and Kendra walk towards them. Kendra looked beautiful, but Abbey. . . She was drop dead gorgeous. He was positive his mouth had dropped to the floor as he saw a smile appear across her pink lips.

She saw Zacky decked out in his avenged fashion and she nearly melted on the spot. His misfits shirt. His ripped jeans. His hair was all messy, and he had black eyeliner smudged around his eyes. She licked over her lips and prayed that her knees would hold her up as she approached.

"I see you came to enjoy the show." Zacky said smirking.

She laughed, "Yeah, if I knew I was coming to a concert. . . I probably would have dressed more appropriate."

He licked over his pierced lips as he looked down at her dress. She was dressed far too sexy for his own good. She was turning him on, which wasn't good considering he had to go on the stage in about five minutes. He starred into her eyes, wishing he could tell her how he felt. He knew she would probably think it's too soon, but he honestly didn't know how much longer he could hold out.

"Zacky!" Matt hollered, "You ready?"

He nodded his head, "I'll see you in a bit? You're hanging around, right?"

"Sure." She nodded.

The show was in full swing, and Abbey found herself not able to pull her eyes away from Zacky. She thought he was amazing on stage. Everything about him made her stomach come to life with butterflies. The way he moved. The way he played guitar. The way he looked.

"You're so obvious." Kendra laughed.

"What?"

"You like Zack."

"I do not."

"Abbey, come on. You know you do. Why deny it?"

"Kendra, he dated Gena. I can't like him."

"Didn't Gena also fuck Nathan? Are you seriously saying that's the reason you're not allowed to like him?"

"I can't like him." Abbey whispered.

"Why the hell not?" Kendra asked confused.

"Because, you don't do that. I am. . well was technically Gena's friend. You don't do that to friends."

"Reality check. Gena was fucking your boyfriend for God only knows how long, Abbey. Are you seriously saying you can't like Zacky because someone, who probably wasn't even your friend to begin with, she probably just used you. . . you're saying you can't like him because of her?" Kendra asked.

"I would feel so horrid. . . It goes against all the rules, Kendra."

"What rules? Even if there are rules, then screw them. For once in your life, be a rule breaker."

"I don't know. . . We seem so different. . . He's also probably not interested in me like that." Abbey sighed.

"He's interested, trust me."

"He is not." Abbey sighed.

"You're being stupid, Abbey!" Kendra scolded, "If he didn't like you why would he go over and punch Nathan in the face when he discovered he was cheating on you? Why would he request you for a hair cut? Why would he bring me two back stage passes and tell me to bring you? He's head over heels for you! Stop being such a pansy and make a move on the boy!"

Abbey breathed in, "I don't know. . ." She said, looking towards the stage.

For a moment, their green eyes met and she felt the butterflies nearly rip her apart. He smiled softly at her and then turned his attention to the crowd.

"I think you two need to talk after the show." Kendra said.

Abbey didn't say anything. She just kept debating on if it was a good idea to even consider talking to Zacky about her feelings. Kendra said he felt the same way, but how could she be sure? He hadn't said anything about liking her. What if Kendra was mistaken? What if Zacky didn't like her at all?
♠ ♠ ♠
Image