Rule Breaker

Like Me

Abbey walked out of the bathroom, freshly showered, and dressed for her last day off from work. Tomorrow she would be returning to the salon. She was looking forward to going back to work, but at the same time she wished she had more time off. She walked down the stairs and laughed upon seeing Zacky stretched out on the couch watching a baseball game.

"You lazy ass." She smiled.

He chuckled, "I'm just watching the game. What are you doing?"

"I'll fix some lunch, and then I don't know." She giggled.

He smirked, "After lunch we should go out and do something."

"Okay." She smiled.

She fixed them turkey sandwiches. She brought Zack's to him so he could eat as he watched the game. He nibbled away as he yelled at the guys on the television. She couldn't help but to giggle at how into the game he got. Once they finished their sandwiches, Zack turned off the television and stood up to stretch.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"I figured we would just go riding around." He suggested.

She nodded her head, and soon the two of them were inside his SUV driving around Huntington Beach. She had never had someone just drive her around since she had moved to California. She was always too scared to go sight seeing by herself, so this was really a first experience for her.

"You know. . . I've never been taking around like this. . . Just driving."

"What?" He asked, his eyebrows meeting in the middle.

"You know I just moved here a few years ago. Well, I got an apartment and began working and going to school. I never really went sight seeing, and then no on ever offered to take me." She said.

Zacky looked at her and half smiled. He was glad to be sharing this experience with her. He couldn't believe she had dated Nathan for so long and he hadn't even taken her out sight seeing. What kind of boyfriend had he been?

"You wanna go down and take a walk by the beach?" He asked.

She smiled, "I would like that."

They found them a parking spot, and then walked out onto the sand. Abbey smiled as she looked out at the water. It was such a beautiful sight. In the years that she had lived in California, she could probably count the number of times she had visited the beach on her fingers.

"It's so beautiful." She murmured softly.

"Don't tell me you haven't been to the beach before." Zack said.

"Only a couple of times." She admitted, "Well, more than a couple. Probably seven times at most since I've lived here."

"You've got to be kidding me! You've been sheltered." Zack said, shaking his head, "I'm sure glad you're living with me now. All of that's going to change."

She smiled as they began to walk up the beach. She was focusing on the water and completely forgetting the crowds of people around. She heard Zacky groan out, and looked over at him.

"What?" She asked.

His green eyes looked very angry. She starred down to where his eyes were burning into, and was surprised to see Nathan walking towards them. She looked over at Zack and then back to Nathan. She knew this wasn't good.

"Well, look who it is." Nathan replied sarcastically, "The happy couple."

Abbey didn't know what to say. What could she say to him? He had not only cheated on her, but trashed everything she owned. She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out.

"Just leave her the hell alone, asshole." Zacky said, "You done enough by trashing her apartment. Don't you think?"

"I just figured I teach my girlfriend a lesson." Nathan said, looking at her directly in the eyes when he said the word girlfriend.

"I'm not your girlfriend anymore, Nathan." She said, making that fact known.

"Of course you're not." Nathan said, "You're his girlfriend now, right? How long were you two fucking around behind my back?" Nathan spat, "You think I'm fucking stupid? I could tell how he cared about you when he came to the house. I just didn't expect you to be a whore and leave with him."

"Don't fucking say that shit to her." Zacky said, stepping forward.

Abbey looked at Nathan's face and saw that he was just now starting to heal from Zacky's beating. He was still bruised and had scratches across his face. She saw how close they were to each other and knew if she didn't get Zacky away then they would once again fight. She placed her hands on his arm and pulled him back.

"He's not worth it. Let's just go home." She said.

"You live with this asshole?" Nathan hissed.

"Yeah, she fucking lives with me. Got a problem?" Zacky said, getting right back in his face.

"Zacky please." Abbey begged.

He looked down at her and sighed. He wasn't going to do this to her again. He just looked at Nathan and then shook his head, as he grabbed Abbey's hand and walked away with her. He knew what it looked like to an outsider. It looked like they were a couple. Zacky just wished they were a couple.

As they made it back to the SUV, he let go of her hand and climbed inside the vehicle and started it up.

"I'm sorry." She sighed.

"What are you sorry for?"

"For you taking up for me."

"Don't apologize for anything involving that asshole." Zacky said, "I'm just so glad you're out of that relationship, Abbey. You deserve someone so much better than him."

"Like who?" She asked, looking over at him. She didn't expect him to answer her question.

He looked at her and sighed, "Like me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image