Rule Breaker

Smart Ass

She looked at him without blinking for several minutes. She hadn't been looking for an answer when she asked him 'like who?'. She had actually just said it more to herself than anyone else. She swallowed hard as she looked into his green eyes. She heard him take in a deep breath, and then start driving towards the house.

He didn't say a word after that. Her expression was enough rejection for him. He didn't need her to crush him with words. He knew it was too soon, and he felt like an idiot for blurting that out. He licked over his lips, feeling the steel against his tongue.

"Zacky." She whispered.

He swallowed hard and glanced over at her. She didn't look as confused as before. He sighed, and ran a hand through his hair while still keeping one on the steering wheel.

"Do you like me?" She whispered.

"I thought that was pretty obvious." He snapped.

They didn't say anything else for the entire drive back to his place. He hated the silence. He knew he may have been a bit snappy with her, but he honestly thought his feelings for her were pretty clear. He pulled into the garage and cut his engine. He looked over at her and she had a small smile on her lips. He arched his brow in confusion.

"What?" He asked.

"I was going to tell you I felt the same way before you were a smart ass." She smirked, climbing out of the vehicle.

He starred at her with disbelief. She felt the same way too? He chuckled softly, and pushed open his door. She was already inside the house by the time he climbed out of the SUV. He pushed open the door and glanced around for her. She seemed to already be upstairs. He sighed, as he walked up the stairs and towards the room she was staying in.

He knocked on the door once, and didn't hear anything. He burrowed his brows together, and knocked again. He once again didn't hear anything. Was she trying to drive him crazy? She wouldn't just say something like that and then run away and hide.

Abbey watched as he pounded on the door. She was standing just a few feet behind him. She had been hiding in the bathroom.

"Come on, Abbey. I know you're in there. We need to talk!" Zacky said.

She giggled, "I'm right here, smarty."

He turned around and half smiled at her. She was now standing there with her arms crossed over her chest. A soft smile was displayed on her lips. She had never looked more beautiful to him. He licked over his lips as he walked over to her. He stood directly in front of her, starring down into her green eyes. He didn't know what to say. He honestly didn't think words could express what he was feeling. He was the happiest he had ever been. The girl of his dreams just announced that she felt the same way.

He reached his hands down and placed them on her hips, and pulled her closer to him. He swallowed hard as he glanced down into her beautiful orbs. He smiled as he slowly leaned down and pressed his pierced lips to hers for a soft first kiss. He didn't want to press his luck, so after a moment of allowing his lips to brush against hers he pulled away.

"You feel the same way?" He whispered.

"Mhm." She said softly, biting on her bottom lip.

"How long?" He asked.

She sighed, "A long time. . ." She mumbled, almost like she was admitting something wrong.

He smirked, "Me too."

"Zacky. . ."

"What?"

"It's wrong."

"What's wrong?" He asked, now extremely confused.

"I shouldn't feel this way about you, and you shouldn't about me."

"Why the hell not?" He asked.

He didn't understand what she was saying. Why couldn't they have these feelings for each other? He just didn't get it.

"You dated Gena." She sighed, "Gena and I. . . were friends." She said, remembering she had cheated with Nathan.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Zacky asked confused.

"God damn it!" She scolded, "Does no one respect their friends in this state? You don't date your friends ex!"

"Your so called friend fucked your boyfriend!" Zacky said.

She groaned, "I. . . I. . . I can't even come up with anything to say." She sighed.

"Because you're just using that as an excuse, Abbey."

"I am not using it as an excuse." She said, folding her arms over her chest.

"You are too. You're scared to be with a guy like me."

"I am not scared!"

"You are too! You're this little country girl who never breaks or goes against the rules. You always do what you're told."

"That is not true." She stated.

"It's not?" Zacky asked, "Then prove it. Be a rule breaker and go on a date with me. This Saturday."

"Zacky!"

"Come on. Prove yourself. Break the rules for once, Abbey. I promise you won't serve jail time."

She glared at him and then huffed, "Fine! But. . . oh never mind!" She said before walking away.

"Hey!" He hollered after her.

"What?" She asked turning around.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To change clothes."

"You can't."

"Why not?" She asked with a slight laugh.

He smirked as he walked towards her. He leaned down and pressed his lips softly against hers. This time he did take the time to deepen the kiss and explore her mouth briefly before pulling away.

"Because I wasn't done kissing you. Now you can go." He winked, and then walked down the hallway and into his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image