Rule Breaker

Hung Up

She walked into the shop the next day with a permanent smile on her face. She didn't know if Zacky had told his mom about them starting a relationship or not. She didn't know how Maria would feel about her dating and living with her son. Abbey didn't even know how she felt about living with her boyfriend who she had only been dating one day. Things hadn't been awkward this morning, but who was to say things wouldn't be awkward later?

She smiled over at Kendra as she walked to her station that had been vacant the past week. It was good to be back. She hadn't realized just how much she had actually missed doing hair. She didn't have much time to talk to anyone. It seemed like the salon had picked up a lot of new clients.

As she was waiting on the color to process she walked into the break room and got herself a cola from the machine. Kendra was sitting in one of the chairs smoking and taking a break.

"So, you two are official. . ." Kendra smiled.

Abbey laughed, "How did you know?"

"Because of the huge smile on your face when you walked in this morning."

Abbey laughed. She really wasn't good with hiding how she felt. Whatever she was feeling came out and everyone could tell it.

"We became official just yesterday."

"That's good. I'm happy for you, Abs. You seem happy with him."

"I am happy with him."

Abbey turned around when she heard food steps enter the room. She sighed deeply and smiled lightly when she saw Maria enter with a smile on her face. She had probably just heard everything Abbey just said.

"About time you give that boy of mine a chance." Maria sat down, and picked up a cigarette.

Abbey smiled, "Yeah. I can't believe I didn't snag him up earlier." Abbey joked.

Maria giggled, but was very happy that her son had a girl like Abbey. She had actually liked Gena, but only because she had been fooled. She knew Abbey was a good girl, so she had no worries about her. She just hoped she could handle Zack's lifestyle.

Abbey returned to the floor and checked her color. It was ready and she grinned as she saw just how perfect the color turned out. She brought the woman over to the bowls and and began rinsing her hair.

Zacky and the guys were in the process of writing some new songs for their next album. Matt had some amazing ideas, as did Jimmy. Zacky listened to all of his band mates ideas and then added a few of his own. He was having an amazing day. He felt good, and he really couldn't wait to go home.

"What time is it?" Zacky asked.

"Almost five, why?" Jimmy said.

"Shit. I need to go home."

"Why?" Matt laughed.

Zacky had never been the type to go home early. He was always the one who wanted to stay in the studio and get as much done as possible.

"Abbey got off at four. I just. . . wanted to see how her day went."

The guys all laughed, and Matt opened his mouth, "You're already hung up on her, big time."

Zacky smiled, but didn't deny it. He talked to the guys for a few minutes before saying goodbye.

Abbey moved around the kitchen, trying to make some dinner. Zacky had told her he would be over at the guys for practice. She didn't know what time he was coming home, but she figured she could have dinner ready, and he could heat it up.

She was in the middle of fixing spaghetti when the front door swung open. She wasn't expecting Zacky home so early. She walked into the living room and was surprised to see him coming through the door. But who else would she really expect?

"You're home early." She said.

He smirked, "I wanted to see you."

She tried to hide her blush as he walked into the kitchen and caught a whiff of the smell. He was glad she was cooking dinner. As she was draining the noodles, she felt two arms snake around her. She giggled.

"I'm trying to cook for you." She said.

"And I like you cooking for me." He said, "But you haven't gave me a kiss yet."

She smiled as she turned around. He looked down into her piercing green eyes and smirked as he leaned down and softly placed a kiss upon her lips. She pulled away, and he chuckled as he leaned down and pressed their lips together once again.

"Zackyyyyyy." She whined, "I'm never going to get dinner finished."

He laughed, "Fine, go ahead and cook. I'm going to go and take a shower."

He kissed her once more before he went upstairs. She smiled as she finished up cooking the dinner. She loved how close they had became with only a day of dating. She loved how he treated her and made her feel.

The worry about their relationship was fading. There was only one thing she was worried about now. What would Gena do when she found out?
♠ ♠ ♠
Image