Rule Breaker

Good Guy

Abbey really hated confrontation. She hated drama. She hated violence. She didn't like fighting, and she hated being put in a position where she felt all of the above were going to happen. She breathed in and out, making sure she didn't just pass out right in the middle of the salon.

Kendra was now spilling everything to Zacky. The other stylist were working on client's and could care less about what was going on. Abbey didn't know what to do. She just stood there silently as she listened and watched Kendra rip Zack's heart out and continuously step on it.

"How long?" He asked. She could tell he was extremely angry.

"It's been going on awhile Zack." Kendra said.

"Why didn't anyone tell me this shit?" He asked, running a hand through his dark hair.

Abbey felt horrible for knowing that Gena was doing this, and not telling him. He deserved to know, but at the same time it wasn't her place to tell him. She watched as he laughed bitterly and walked over to Gena's station. He picked up a tube of her red lipstick, and smirked as he removed the lid, and raised the cosmetic up to the mirror. He then scribbled the word, "Slut" across the mirror.

"What time will she be back?" Zacky asked.

"Probably in another thirty minutes or so. She'll be back right before your mom comes back."

"Oh okay. Then I'll take it upon myself to fire her. I'll be in the back." He stated.

Abbey watched as he disappeared through the back hallway and into the room where most of the girls usually had their smoke breaks. Once he was out of her vision, she allowed a loud sigh to escape her lips. She couldn't believe that he had just been told that his girlfriend had been cheating on him.

"Why'd you tell him?" She whispered to Kendra.

Kendra frowned, "Because he's a good guy, Abs. He deserves better than to have some girl go out on him. He doesn't need a girl whose going to bring some sexually transmitted disease home to him and ruin his life."

Abbey nodded her head, knowing her friend was right. He did seem like a very good guy. She just didn't want to be here when he and Gena had their confrontation. She was already sick to her stomach.

Abbey's green eyes looked up when she heard the ding of the bell. She felt like she was going to vomit all over the salon floor as she watched Gena walk in, popping her gum. She walked over to her station and placed an apron on. She grabbed a box from her station drawer, and pulled some hair out of it and scattered it across the floor, making it look like she had been busy. She then turned towards her mirror and her mouth dropped seeing the word 'slut' wrote on her mirror.

"Which one of you bitches did this?" She yelled, pointing to her mirror.

Abbey was about to chew the skin off her bottom lip, as she kept glancing around the salon. She then looked towards the hallway entrance and saw Zack standing there with his tattooed arms crossed against his chest.

"What's wrong, Gen?" He asked, "Isn't it the truth?"

"Baby!" Gena squealed, "What are you doing here?"

"I've been here awhile. Better question, why weren't you here?"

"I just stepped out for some smokes." She said.

He chuckled, "Yeah, is smokes what you call fucking some client?"

Her mouth dropped and Abbey couldn't stand any longer. She sat down on her chair, and watched as the train wreck began. She was so glad the last client had just walked out of the salon. This wasn't going to be a pretty sight, and Maria would have a heart attack if a client had to witness it.

"What are you talking about, baby?" Gena asked, playing dumb.

"I know everything, Gena. I know how you leave every single day. I know how you come back and pretend nothings happened. I know how you get clients numbers, and then pay them a visit. I know everything."

"Zack, baby. You've got it all wrong."

"Really?" He asked.

He reached in his pocket, and pulled out a folded up mess of papers. He then handed them to Gena and her eyes widened.

"Next time you decide to suck dick and hide that from your boyfriend. . . I would suggest signing out of your email account." Zacky stated.

Abbey's mouth dropped. He already knew she had been cheating? She shook her head, and raised her hand up and cupped over her mouth. He hadn't acted like anything was wrong at all.

Zacky starred into the eyes of the girl he had once thought he had loved. He didn't love her though. He couldn't have loved a monster like her.

Everyone heard a loud slam behind them and all starred at Maria who had just walked back in with her grandchildren. She had been holding open the door the entire time, and listened to everything that was said.

She sighed in frustration, "Gena, get the fuck out of my salon." Maria said bitterly.

Abbey was shocked. In her time of working with Maria, she had never heard her cuss. Gena began to say something, but Maria stopped her before she could get one squeak out. She demanded she pack her stuff and get the hell out. Abbey watched as Gena quickly packed her things, while tears streamed down her face.

Zacky stood there the entire time and watched her. It was almost as if he was watching her pack away the last pieces of their relationship. He couldn't believe he had been so stupid. The guys had all told him that something had been up with her. Valary had even thought she had saw Gena once in town with another guy. He never listened, he had trusted her. He now saw how stupid he had been. All of those months away touring, when she said she was working late in the salon was really spent working late in some guys bedroom. He felt disgusted with himself.

As she walked out of the door, he breathed in deeply and shook his head. He couldn't believe he stayed with her as long as he did. He groaned as he looked around.

"Well, since we're here, I could get a hair cut." He said, hoping to break the ice and make the stylist (who all looked petrified) laugh.

His mother shook her head, "You need one, but you can come back tomorrow. The day is over." Maria said, clearly ready for this day to be over. She had been played just as bad as Zack had been.

Abbey began packing her things, along with the other girls. As she placed her shears in the bag, and tossed it over her shoulder she felt a tapping on her shoulder. She turned around and starred deep into the green eyes that mirrored her own.

"Abbey." Zacky smiled.

"Yeah?" She questioned.

"Will you be the one to cut my hair tomorrow?" He asked.

She nodded her head, "I can do that."

He smirked, "Okay, see you tomorrow then."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image