Rule Breaker

Get Over It

Abbey woke up early the next morning. Her internal clock was finally back on track. She didn't want to wake Zacky, so she figured as long as she stayed quiet, then she could get a lot of work done. She needed to catch up on her laundry. She slowly tip toed down the hallway, and down to the first floor of the house. She walked inside the laundry room and began sorting through her dirty clothes.

After doing two loads of laundry, she decided to get some breakfast started. It was nearing ten in the morning, and she figured Zacky would be up at any moment. She walked into the kitchen and began looking for something she could fix. After a few moments she decided to fix some french toast and bacon. She tried to fix everything as quietly as possible, but it was hard due to the pans and such.

Zacky yawned as he patted Ichabod on the head and walked down the stairs. He could smell food, and also hear something going on in the kitchen, so he knew Abbey was already up. As he turned the corner and headed into the kitchen a smile spread it's way across his pierced lips. Abbey was standing there in her pajamas fixing breakfast. She looked absolutely adorable, and he didn't know how he lived so many years without her in his life.

She turned around when she heard footsteps. She smiled softly at Zack, who still looked tired. He flashed her a smile back as he walked over and took a seat at the table. She finished up breakfast and then served him a plate. He quickly began eating the food as she went to grab him a drink.

"Delicious." He mumbled through a full mouth.

She smirked as she sat down and began eating her own breakfast. They ate in silence, however many things were said. Just the way they looked at each other told many things. It told them that this was the start of something that was going to be strong and deep. Something that could possibly stand the test of time.

Once breakfast was finished, Abbey collected the dishes and went to wash them. As she washed, Zack began drying. She smiled over at him once again.

"You're still up for going to practice with me later, right?" Zacky asked.

She nodded, "Of course."

"I'm really looking forward to it." He said.

"Why is that?" She asked.

He placed the dish in it's appropriate place, and then leaned against the counter. His green eyes fixed on hers and he grinned.

"I'm just glad I can show you off." He replied honestly.

She huffed, "I'm not much to show."

He laughed, "Whatever. I bet I would win first prize if we put all the girlfriends in a beauty contest."

She rolled her eyes, "You're just Mr. Cocky this morning, aren't you?"

He chuckled, "Only when it comes to you, babe." He said, as he leaned over and pressed his lips against her cheek. She jumped slightly feeling the cold steel against her warm cheek.

After the dishes were clean, and the kitchen had been dusted over, Abbey retreated upstairs and got herself a shower so she could prepare for the day. She didn't know what time practice started, so she wanted to be ready for any time. Once her shower was complete, she changed into something simple. There was no need to over due it when she was just visiting his friends.

When she walked down the stairs she saw Zacky pouring some dog food into the puppy dishes. She bit down on her bottom lip as she approached him. He heard her coming, and looked up. He smirked upon seeing her dressed for the day. It was still a couple of hours before they needed to leave, but he played on using this time to his advantage.

He took her by the hand and pulled her over to the couch. They sat down, and immediately began making themselves comfortable. His legs were on her lap, and his head was leaned back on the sofa.

"I like it when you have days off." He smirked.

"I bet you do." She laughed.

"I need to talk my mom into giving you a vacation." Zacky suggested.

"Zacky!" She scolded, "I've already taken a week off. I can't afford anymore time off."

He narrowed his eyes at her. She could afford it. He knew what she meant though. She wanted to get back on her feet. Abbey was a independent woman who never counted or depended on anyone but herself. He had noticed she hadn't even really unpacked her clothing from the bags and placed them in the dresser properly.

"You're not moving out are you?" He asked her flatly.

"Zacky, I can't just mooch off you. You're letting me live here rent free."

"Your my girlfriend!" He groaned.

She sighed and looked over at him. She didn't want to start this conversation again. They were over it, or so she had thought. She didn't want anyone to think she was just with Zack to have a place to live. She didn't want people to think she was just some gold digger who was only with him for his money.

"Zacky--"

"No, Abbey. I know what you're thinking. I'm not letting you move out!" He said, "This is the one thing I won't let you do. We've got a good thing going on here. I know how independent you are, and I know you're not used to having someone do something for you, so just get over it!" He said, licking over his lips, "I care about you, and I plan on showing you I do. That means I'm going to do nice things for you. I'm going to surprise you. I'm going to give you things. You just need to learn to cope with that because I'm not giving you up."

She starred at him with wide eyes. She couldn't believe he had just said all of that. It warmed her heart and made her feel completely different about the situation. She didn't say a word. She just licked over her lips and leaned over and pressed them hard against his.

"You win." She whispered

He chuckled, "I always do."
♠ ♠ ♠
Some people may have noticed, but I've changed around my updating schedule a bit. I'll probably start updating Sunday-Thursday. Before I go to bed most likely. I'm trying to keep updates as normal as possible, but I have A LOT going on right now.

New stories coming soon:

Fading Memories/Bam Margera
Girl Next Door/Synyster Gates
Tied Up/M Shadows

If you want information on my stories, you can find that on my profile.

Image