Rule Breaker

Mesmerized

Abbey held tightly onto Zacky's hand as he led her into the studio where they would be practicing. She nibbled slightly on her bottom lip, as faces began coming into view. She placed a shy smile on her lips as Zacky hugged and greeted some of his band mates. Abbey was then introduced to the girls she hadn't met, which were Lacey and Michelle. They seemed decent enough and she sat down beside Val as the guys all went over to their instruments and began practice.

"So, I hear you two are official." Val said.

"Yeah." Abbey nodded.

"That's great. I've never saw Zack quite so happy."

"Really?" Abbey asked, surprised. Hadn't he been happy with Gena?

"Really." Val said, "He was miserable with Gena, I think. But now he just doesn't stop smiling."

Abbey smiled and looked over and watched Zacky practice on guitar. He continued to amaze her, and throughout the entire practice she couldn't drag her eyes away from him. Even though the other girlfriends were lost in conversation among themselves, her eyes were glued to him, watching every move he made. She was mesmerized by him. It was like he had put a spell on her.

They only practiced for about three hours. It was actually a lot of fun to watch them. Some of the other girls seemed bored, but Abbey found it fascinating. She loved seeing Zacky in his atmosphere surrounded by his friends.

"So, have there been any rumors about you yet?" The one named Michelle asked.

Abbey snapped out of her daze and looked at the girl who looked almost identical to Val. The only different she could find was the hair color, and Michelle's nose seemed slightly crooked, while Val's was straighter. She licked over her lips and shook her head.

"Wait for them." Leana said.

"Will they be bad?" Abbey asked, fear rocking through her.

"Maybe not too bad." Lacey said, "Some of us are bigger targets than others. Gena wasn't liked very much."

"I'm loved by some, hated by others." Leana said.

"I really don't do good with drama." Abbey admitted.

Val half smiled, "Don't worry about it. It's really no drama, it's just people talking. You just have to over look it and not let it effect the relationship."

She was thankful for the girls advice even though she was still sort of scared. She didn't want to be talked about, but if that was one of the things she had to deal with in order to be with Zacky, then she would deal with it. Her heart was getting attached to him, and she could see herself falling head over heels in love with him.

She watched as he took his guitar off, and stood up. He talked a few words to Matt and Brian, and then began making his way over to her. A grin was on his lips as he approach. She smiled as she stood up and he approached. His grin turned to a smirk, as he placed his hands on her hips and pulled her a bit closer to his body. He then leaned down and merged their lips together in a soft kiss.

When she pulled away, she noticed everyone was looking at the two of them. She felt the blood rush to her cheeks and she was sure she had turned so red that she favored a tomato.

"You wanna get out of here?" Zacky asked.

"I thought you were gonna stay for awhile." She said.

"Nah. They are going out for drinks, and I know you gotta be at work early tomorrow."

"Zacky, it's okay. . . we can go if you want."

He just slowly shook his head, and told everyone goodbye. Confused with his actions, she waved and said goodbye as well. Zacky took her hand in his and they walked out of the practice area together.

"Why didn't you want to go out?" She asked, as they drove home.

"Because, I thought we could spend the night together. . .alone." He said.

"Zacky! We spend every night alone. You turned down a opportunity to spend with your friends."

"We'll make plans to hang with them when you have a day off. I wouldn't have went without you, and I'm not putting you in a position to where you're wore out the next day at work."

"You think I'm a wimp." She said.

He chuckled, "Baby, I know you're a wimp."

She glared at him and then giggled knowing he was right. As he pulled into the garage, she shook her head as she thought about how well he already knew her in the short amount of time they had been together.

"Let's have some ice cream and just talk tonight." Zacky offered.

She smiled, "I'll get us some." She said.

She walked into the kitchen and got two bowls of ice cream and spoons. She then turned off the lights in the kitchen and walked into the living room where Zacky was already sitting. She was surprised to see three candles on the coffee table illuminating the room. She smiled, as she handed him his bowl, and sat down beside him with her own.

She stuck the spoon ice cream in her mouth and looked over at Zacky. He seemed to be deep in thought about something as he slowly raised his spoon up and tasted the ice cream.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked.

"Huh?" He asked.

"You were thinking about something." She pointed out.

He chuckled, "It was nothing, baby." He said.

He was thinking about something though. There was another reason why he didn't want to take Abbey out tonight. Not only did he not want her to go into work tomorrow feeling tired and worn down, but he was scared they would run in to Gena tonight. He knew she would probably be out with one of her friends at the bar. She loved the bar scene. Even if he didn't go with her, she would doll up and go out herself. He didn't think Abbey was quite ready for that confrontation, so he was trying his best to help her avoid it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image