Rule Breaker

Storm

Abbey was sleeping peaceful to the loud howl of thunder woke her up. She hated sleeping during storms, especially alone. She pushed the covers off her body, and walked over to the window. She pulled back the silk curtains and starred out. The image before her eyes looked like something straight out of a horror movie. The tree limbs were swinging back and forth looking very creepy due to how dark it was outside. It was dark, and rain was pouring down from the sky. Then all of a sudden a loud bang of thunder roared, and lightening brightened the sky. She backed away from the window and nibbled slightly on her bottom lip.

She had never been able to sleep through thunderstorms. She always had to go crawl in bed beside someone else to get any bit of sleep. It started when she was younger. She would go crawl in the bed with her parents. Then when she moved here, and lived alone, she would just sit in the middle of the bed and wait until they were over. Then later, she had Nathan.

Another loud roar brought her out of her thoughts. She knew it was stupid to stay inside this room scared and alone when her boyfriend was just three rooms down the hall. She laughed at herself slightly, as she got up from the bed and walked slowly down the hallway. She hoped Zacky wouldn't be too angry with her for waking him up.

She peeked inside his bedroom and smiled as she walked over to the large bed. She hadn't even seen the inside of his room during the time she had been staying with him. She just knew the location of it. From what she could tell, the walls were painted a dark color, due to the lack of light. The only light coming in was from the window, which had a dark curtain blocking most of it.

She bent down and traced her hand over his cheek. She swallowed hard trying to think of the reaction he would give for waking him up. She really hoped he wasn't too mad.

Zacky felt something warm and soft touching his cheek. At first he paid no attention to it. It could be anything, from his imagination to a fly. But after a moment of the touch lingering around, he opened his green eyes and looked up. He saw a outline of a human body and it scared him at first. He quickly moved back and that's when he heard the angelic giggle of his girlfriend. He sighed loudly.

"You scared me to death."

"I'm sorry." She said, biting onto her bottom lip.

"Is something wrong, baby?" He asked, knowing she would only be in his room at this time for a reason.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" She asked without hesitation.

"Of course." He said, scooting over and making room for her.

She laid down in the bed, and Zacky tried to make sure he left enough space between them that she would remain comfortable. He wanted so badly to just pull her into his arms, but he didn't know if Abbey would want that or not.

"So, why did you wanna come sleep in here tonight?" He asked.

She sighed, as she moved her body closer to his. He subconsciously, moved his arm around her and she placed her head on his chest. He smiled as he thought about how stupid he had been. Clearly, if she was the one making the moves then she was ready to make their relationship even more serious.

"I hate storms." She said.

He hadn't even realized there was a storm going on. He had been in deep sleep, and then when he woke up all of his focus was on his girlfriend. He wrapped his arms around her even tighter, and kissed her on the crown of her head.

"You know you don't even have to ask to come sleep with me." He murmured, kissing her softly on the cheek.

She smiled, and placed her face against his bare chest. She could hear the steady thumping of his heart against her ear, and it made her smile grow even bigger. She adored moments like this. In this moment, she began to realize just how much Zacky really meant to her.

"Zacky." She whispered.

"Hmm?" He said, clearly almost asleep again.

"I really care about you." She said.

He was aware that his smile was probably reaching ear to ear in the dark room, "I care about you too." He said, leaning down and finding her lips with his.

The kiss quickly found the same passion and heat as the one they had shared in the hallway earlier did. Zacky placed his hands on her neck and she had hers running up and down his side, tickling him slightly with her fingertips. Zacky knew that if the kiss didn't stop soon, then he wouldn't be able to restrain himself later. He pulled away from her.

"We need to stop."

"Why?" She asked softly.

"Because. . . if we don't. . . I'm not sure I'll be able to later." He admitted, kind of embarrassed.

He was usually good at controlling himself around women. No woman had ever made him so weak. But Abbey was just something else.

"Who says I'll want to stop later?" She whispered in the most amazing voice he had ever heard.

"Are you. . . sure?" He asked, kind of stunned.

She laughed, "I'm positive." She said, closing the gap between their lips once again.

He deepened the kiss instantly and decided to take full advantage of this opportunity. He didn't know if he was dreaming or if this was actually happening. He and Abbey hadn't been together long, but he knew that he was more serious about her than he ever had been about a woman.

He wasn't expecting her to shift her body and weight. Soon she was straddling him, and leaning down to place kisses all along his neck. He groaned out in approval, and knew his arousal was probably obvious to her.

"Tease." He mumbled, as she sucked on the flesh of his neck.

She backed away from his neck and looked into his eyes. She could barely see his facial expression, but she knew he was probably smirking.

"Where is your light switch?" She asked, tired of being in the dark.

He reach over and turned on the lamp that sat on his night stand. The light switch was on the other side of the room, and he honestly didn't want her to move from this comprising position. The lamp gave off just enough light for them to see what they were doing.

Zacky couldn't believe their relationship was going this far.

"Wait." She said, panic in her voice.

"What?" He asked.

"You have condoms right?"

His heart dropped to the pits of his stomach. He never kept condoms around. Gena had been on the pill, and he didn't think he and Abbey would be coming to this level of their relationship anytime soon.

"No." He said.

"We can't do anything." She frowned.

"You're not on anything?" He asked with a slight groan.

She shook her head, "No." She said in a soft voice, slowly removing herself from straddling him.

He groaned out as he wrapped his arm around her. He was upset. Not at Abbey, but just at the situation.

"I'm sorry." She whispered after a few minutes of silence.

"Don't worry about it." He sighed, "I'll pick some up. . . for when you're ready again. . . okay?" He said, not knowing if she would even be ready again.

She leaned up and pressed her lips against his, "Okay. I guess we should go to bed."

"Yeah." He murmured.

She turned off the lamp, and they snuggled close to each other. Clearly, as much as both of them wanted to. Tonight was not the right time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image