Rule Breaker

Listening In

Abbey sighed, as she ran a hand through her hair. Her mother was on the other end of the phone telling her how much she missed her daughter. She was making Abbey feel very guilty for staying away so long. She had just explained the entire Nathan situation to her mom. She had been doing a good job at avoiding it the past couple of weeks, but her mother was determined to now make her talk. She also told her mother about Zacky, and how he had basically saved her and gave her a place to live. Her mother really didn't like the fact that they were now boyfriend and girlfriend though.

"You really need to come visit soon, Abbey. We all miss you. We also want to meet this new guy of yours." Her mother's voice rang in her ear.

She shook her head and breathed in deeply. She wasn't ready to visit them, especially not with Zacky.

"Mom, I'm busy with work, and Zack has a really busy schedule."

"I'm sure the two of you can work something out."

"It's not just that, mom." Abbey sighed, "It costs money to visit people."

If she wanted to, she could visit her parents. She could come up with the money. Zacky wasn't letting her buy anything, so every dime she was making went into her account. She had actually saved up a good amount of money throughout the two weeks of working. But, she didn't want her mother to know that. She really didn't want her mother to know anything about Zack. She knew she would become judgmental.

"We need some time to save up and such, mom." Abbey said, "Maybe next year."

"Next year, Abigail? Something could happen to someone by then!"

"Mom! I can't help it. You know I want to visit. . . even if money wasn't a problem, I doubt I could just request time off work. I told you I had to take a week off to deal with the Nathan problems."

She was making every excuse possible to get out of seeing her family. It wasn't that she didn't want to see the. She really did. She missed them a lot, and would love to have a visit with them. But she was honestly scared about taking Zacky home to meet them. She didn't even know exactly how he felt about her, so she knew if she took him home, and her judgmental, close minded parents met him then it could possibly be the end of their relationship.

Her parents would take one look at him and tell him to take a hike. Because of his outer appearance they wouldn't give him a chance. She hadn't revealed to them that he was in a band or anything. That would probably make things much worse. They would them call him lazy. Her parents thought people should work hard for their money. Which Zacky did work hard, but she didn't think her parents would look at it from the same aspect she did.

She knew once they got to know him they would love him, but she didn't want to face the time before that. She didn't want to put him through the hell just to get on her parents good side.

"It's just not possible, Mom." Abbey sighed, "I really wish I could see you guys, but it'll have to wait. I'm sorry."

Zacky frowned as he listened to the conversation. Abbey was heart broken that she couldn't visit her family. He shook his head as he walked back down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Why didn't she just ask him to help her out?

He knew that time at work wouldn't be an issue, so he didn't understand why she was worrying about that. His mom was very easy to get along with, and if she wanted some time off then he knew his mother would work with her. Money also wasn't an issue. He would be more than happy to pay for the trip if she really wanted it.

He heard foot steps coming down the stairs, and he turned around. She entered the room and smiled as she walked over to him. She leaned up and pressed her lips against his.

"You haven't even started dinner?" She laughed like nothing was wrong.

"I was waiting for you actually." He said, "What would you like?"

"It doesn't matter." She said, as she walked over and looked at the table. He had finished putting away the groceries. She then remembered the bag that she hadn't got off the table. "Zacky, did you get another--"

"This bag?" He asked, holding it up with a sly look.

She laughed, and slightly blushed, "Yes! That bag."

She walked over and snatched it out of his hands and smiled. Zacky chuckled, as he leaned over and kissed her softly on the cheek.

"Start some dinner. I'm going to put these away." She said.

"Put them in my bottom drawer." He smirked.

She laughed, "Why would I do that?" She asked.

"Just do it." He smiled.

Zacky watched as she disappeared from the kitchen. He leaned against the counter and sighed. She was a good little actress. She could play off that she was happy, and that nothing was wrong. But he had heard her talking to her mom. He knew she wanted to visit.

He grinned widely as a brilliant idea came to him. He would surprise her with a trip to Kentucky. He would arrange everything from her time off work, to the plane there. She wouldn't know anything about it until they landed.

"Baby?" She said, coming into the room.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Have you seen Icky?" She asked.

"Not since I've been home."

She turned around and clapped her hands slightly, calling the dogs name. He smirked as he watched his dog race into the kitchen and straight over to where she was. She patted him softly on the head, and then walked over and washed her hands to prepare dinner.

She done so much for him and didn't even realize it. He couldn't wait to do something special for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
My friend Jena and I have this new Matt Sanders story. :D Check it out!
Learning To Fly

Image