Rule Breaker

Perfect

Abbey starred out the window of the airplane as they waited for it to take off. They were seated in first class, and she was looking forward to spending time with Zacky. She tightened her grip on his head, as she leaned over and placed a soft kiss upon his cheek. He smiled as he looked at her.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"For you being the perfect boyfriend." She replied.

He laughed, "I'm not perfect."

"Are too."

"I'm just as close as perfection comes." He smirked.

She rolled her eyes, "You're so cocky."

"You make me that way." He said leaning over and kissing her on the cheek.

She blushed as she caught a couple of people looking their way. She bit down on her bottom lip as she waited for the fight to take off. She still had no clue where they were heading. She was hoping they would make an announcement or something, but nothing ever came. She had went over every possible location in her mind, but she just couldn't think of where he could possibly take her.

"Why don't you take a nap?" Zacky asked.

"I'm not napping," She smiled, "I'm determined to figure out where exactly you're taking me."

He laughed, "I'm not telling you."

"I'll ask someone." She smirked.

His face went to horror as the realization of that hit him. She could simply ask another passenger and they could tell her Kentucky. He swallowed hard. Clearly, he hadn't thought this plan out fully.

"Please don't." He murmured.

"Zacky, why don't you just tell me?" She asked, "I'll love whatever you have planned no matter what."

"Because, I want it to be a surprise when we land."

"It still will be a surprise. Come on, tell me." She begged.

"Baby, no." He laughed.

"Please."

"No."

"Pretty please, with a cherry on top?"

"No."

"Zacky!"

"Abbey." He mocked.

She sighed, and crossed her arms over her chest. He frowned over at her, realizing she had disconnected their hands. He looked over and her bottom lip was poking out in an adorable pout. Her green eyes were begging him for an answer. He didn't want to give it to her. He really wanted to surprise her.

He then heard some man talking loudly in front of them. He was discussing the activities and places they would be visiting when they landed. He frowned, knowing that if Abbey listened then she would probably figure it out quickly. With a sigh he looked over at her.

"Give me your hand back."

"Not until you tell me."

"I'll tell you when you give me the hand back."

"Promise?"

He laughed, "I promise, baby."

She placed her hand over his, and he intertwined their fingers together once again. Feeling her soft skin against his was enough to make his heart soar with happiness.

"So, where are we going?" She asked.

"Kentucky." He said slowly.

Her eyes bugged out, and her mouth dropped as he spoke that word. She couldn't believe out of all the places in the world, he was bringing her to the one place she was trying her best to avoid. She swallowed hard as she looked over at him.

"I over heard you talking to your mom about not being able to come. . ." Zacky said, not knowing how to take her reaction.

One of her hands came up and cupped over her mouth, and he was speechless. She looked like she was about to burst into tears at any moment. Had he done something wrong?

Abbey couldn't believe he was bringing her home. It was the most amazing thing he could do, but it was also the worse thing. She had been trying her best to avoid home, and avoid her parents meeting him.

"I. . . I. . ."

"You don't want to go home?" He asked.

"I. . . I. . . just wasn't expecting it." She said.

He smiled, "It's going to be great, Abbey."

"Zacky, I don't know. . .My parents. . . They aren't expecting me." She said, thinking of an excuse to get them out of going.

"I know. I figured you could surprise them."

"But--"

"You don't want to visit them?" He asked, slightly confused.

"I do. . ." She sighed, "It's just complicated."

"Why is it complicated, baby?" He asked.

She frowned, knowing she couldn't tell him the real reason it was complicated. She didn't want him to get the wrong impression and think that she didn't want him to meet her folks. She wanted him to, she just didn't know if he was ready for them or not.

"I just. . . they are really judgmental, Zacky."

"So?" He asked.

"They are old fashioned too."

"Okay." He said, not getting it.

She sighed, "They are going to give you hell." She said.

He bit down on his bottom lip, now understanding what she had meant. It was complicated because of him.

"Do you not want me to meet your parents, Abbey?" He asked.

"I do!" She replied quickly, "I just don't want them to scare you away."

He shook his head as he leaned in and kissed her on the cheek, "No one can scare me away from you. No one.."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image