Rule Breaker

Hiding

The dinner was very awkward since Abbey's father sent death glare towards Zack throughout the entire meal. When it was finally over, Abbey offered to do the dishes, while her mother and father went and enjoyed some television. Zacky helped her collected the dishes and placed them in the sink.

"I'll dry." He said, as he picked up the dishes and began drying them.

"You don't have to."

"I want to help, baby."

She grinned as she looked over at him and saw him watching her. She blushed slightly as she finished up washing all the dishes. She licked over her lips as he picked up the last dish for drying. When he was finished, she began putting them all away. She had to tip toe up to the top cabinets to put some of them away, and Zacky chuckled softly at how short she was.

"You could help you know." She said, looking over at him.

"I like watching you struggle."

She pouted, "Do you?"

He grinned, as he walked forward and pinned her between him and the counter behind them. She licked over her lips as he stared down into her green orbs. He slowly began to lower his face down to hers, and then he attached their lips together. Abbey smirked into the kiss, as she brought her hands up and wrapped them around his neck. She nibbled on his lip ring, and darted her tongue into his mouth. The kiss was getting really passionate, as she felt Zacky's hand go up under her shirt, and that's when she froze hearing someone clear their voice. She broke away from Zacky and looked over to see her father standing there looking extremely pissed off.

"I just came to get a beer." He muttered, "No need to break up the party." He replied sarcastically, as he walked over and grabbed a bottle of beer from the refrigerator and then walked out of the room.

Abbey bit down on her bottom lip as she turned to look at Zack.

"That could have went worse." She said.

"Yeah, I could have been shot." Zacky replied.

She playfully shoved him slightly, and then reached for his hand and intertwined their fingers together. She looked up into his green eyes and felt so many feelings for him.

"I love you." She whispered, and then her eyes went wide as she realized what she had just said.

Zacky looked at her with shock as her face turned to horror, and then she just walked out of the room, leaving him standing there in the kitchen. What the hell had just happened? He turned around and decided to follow her. The girl of his dreams had just told him she loved him, and he didn't know what the hell to do.

Did he love her? Sure, they had been getting really serious, but did he love her? Love was a huge step, and he didn't want to say it without meaning it. He had said it to Gena and learned that saying it without fully meaning it could get you into a lot of problems, and also make the girls look too much into the relationship. He didn't want to tell Abbey he loved her without meaning it, but he did need to let her know he cared about her.

Abbey lay down on her bed with her face buried in the pillows. She couldn't believe she had just admitted that she loved him. She didn't know when it happened, but she had somehow fell in love with him. He just made her feel different than anyone else had ever had. She knew he didn't feel the same way back. She could see that much in his eyes.

There was a soft knock on her bedroom door, and she was actually praying it was her dad or mom. She didn't know if she could face Zack right now. She rolled over and watched as the door opened up, and then she saw Zack walking forward. She cringed as she watched him walk over and sat down on the bed. He raised his hand up and brushed some of the hair away from her face. She knew he would probably think she was acting childish and immature, but she really didn't care. She couldn't believe she had said that to him.

"Baby, why did you take off?" He asked softly, as he watched his girlfriend bury her face in the pillows.

She didn't reply and he sighed as he laid down beside her, and wiggled his arm under her body and pulled her close to him. She moved a little towards him, but kept her face hidden away from him.

"Why are you hiding from me?" He whispered.

She didn't respond. He sighed, as he pulled her even closer to him and leaned down to kiss her softly on the top of her head. She groaned, and then looked up at him. It broke his heart to see that she had been crying. He brought his hands up and wiped her tears away.

"Abbey." He whispered.

"I am so stupid!"

"You're not stupid. Why would you say that?"

"Because I just blurted out what I was feeling and didn't even think."

He laughed, "I like that you blurted it out. It makes me feel good to hear how you feel about me."

She sighed, "But you don't feel the same way." She said, it was a statement and question both.

He sighed, "I'm not sure." He said, "I'm not going to tell you without knowing a hundred percent. I never want to lie about anything."

She nodded her head softly, and looked down. He placed his hand on her chin and made her look up at him.

"Just because I didn't say it back doesn't mean that I don't care about you. I care about you a lot."

"But--"

"But nothing. Just because I didn't say it doesn't mean anything. Give me time, Kay?" He asked.

"Okay."

He wrapped his arms around her and held her there for a long time. He didn't want her to think that just because he didn't say he loved her back meant that he didn't care about her. He cared about her a lot, he just wanted to make sure he was truthful with his feelings before he admitted anything.

"So, what's on the agenda tomorrow?" He asked.

"I guess you may meet some more of my family." She said softly.

He could tell she was sad with what had happened, and he really hoped he could turn this around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image