Rule Breaker

Tire Swing

Zacky woke up the next morning and decided to get ready for the day. He knew he'd be meeting some more of Abbey's family. After an hour of him being awake, she still hadn't came in to say good morning or check on him, and he began to get worried. He walked out of the room and down the stairs. He looked around and saw that her father was nowhere in sight, but he mother was in the kitchen, preparing what looked like enough food to serve an army.

"Uhm, is Abbey around?" He asked.

Her mother turned around and gave him a half smile. She didn't know what was going on, but she knew her daughter enough to know that something had happened and she was upset over it.

"I think she's out on the old tire swing." She told Zacky, and then pointed towards a door.

Zacky nodded his head, and walked out the door. He was surprised to find it led to a large back yard. He allowed his green eyes to gaze around and was shocked to see just how much property Abbey's parents owned. There was a large barn, and a fenced in circle that held horses, and then there was a beautiful flower garden, and a tire swing attached to a large oak tree. He saw his girlfriend sitting in the tire, her face was looking towards the ground. She looked so adorable, he wished he had a camera to capture the moment.

Abbey looked up when she heard foot steps nearing her. At first she thought it may have been her mother, considering her dad had left for work early this morning, but her thoughts were wrong. It was Zacky. She smiled softly at him as he looked down at her.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked softly.

"I just came out here to think," She replied honestly, "I used to do it all the time when I was younger."

He nodded his head, and looked around. He could see why she would come out here to think. Not only was it beautiful, but the scenery around was very relaxing.

"You okay?" He asked, knowing something wasn't right with her. This wasn't normal Abbey behavior.

"I'm fine." She replied.

"Baby--"

"Zack, I'm fine." She said, looking up into his eyes.

The truth was she wasn't fine. She had thought she and Zack was on the same page when it came to their relationship. She had never told a guy she loved them before and not have them say it back. She knew it was probably stupid to get tore up about, but she couldn't help it.

"Abbey, I know you're not fine. I can see it."

"I just need time." She replied.

"Time?" He asked, confused.

"Yeah, time." She replied.

"Time for what? Away from me?" He asked.

She looked up at him and shook her head. She didn't need time away from him, she loved him. Even if he didn't feel the same way, she just needed time to deal with knowing that he didn't love her.

"I just need time to soak everything in. You know, being here, seeing my parents, and then with what happened between us."

"Baby, I'm sorry." He said, bending down to a crouching position. He brought his hands up and cupped her cheeks.

She was still sitting on the tire swing, and he was bent down in front of her. His hands were on her cheeks, and he was forcing her to look into those beautiful green eyes. Those green eyes that made her stomach run wild with butterflies. She was absolutely in love with this man. She loved him more than anything. It happened fast, but she couldn't ignore it.

"Don't apologize. You're amazing." She said.

"Clearly not if I'm causing you this many problems."

"Zack, they aren't problems. Just things I didn't expect."

"And all of them are my fault."

"Stop trying to blame yourself." She said, getting out of the tire swing.

If her acting like this was causing Zacky to blame himself, then she would just suck everything up and act like she always did. Even though her mind was a jumble of thoughts.

"I shouldn't have brought you here without talking to you about it." He mumbled.

"ZACK!" She groaned, "Will you stop it?" She asked, "This was the sweetest thing you've ever done, and I love you for it." She said, not even realizing she had said the word again. She had planned on not saying it to him until he felt the same way, but it slipped. "I appreciate what you've done for me."

He looked over into her green eyes and couldn't help but to smile. This girl really loved him, and he had probably broke her heart when he didn't say it back. He licked over his lips as he thought about all of his past relationships. He didn't care for those girls half as much as he cared for Abbey, but did they mean he loved her?

"Let's go back to the house. I think mom invited some family over." She said, "I need to get ready."

"You look fine." He said.

She laughed, "I haven't even showered today, Zack."

"You still look great."

She laughed softly, and then walked over to where he was standing. She tip toed up and placed a kiss on his lips, and then smiled as she pulled away and began walking back to the house.

He reached up and touched his lips. With just one peck she could make his heart speed up and make him feel things that he didn't think were possible. He smiled as he watched her walk through the kitchen door. He was now regretting not saying it back to her. He knew it was probably best to wait until he was absolutely certain, but he had a feeling he was on his way to being completely head over heels for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image