Rule Breaker

Tyler

Abbey found herself smiling as her cousin Tyler continued to question Zacky. Some of her family had came over a couple of hours ago, and everyone had been catching up. Tyler, who was Abbey's teenage cousin flipped out when he saw Zacky in the living room. He was one of Avenged's biggest fans, and shocked to see one of his favorite band members sitting in the living room of his aunts house.

"So, how did you and Abbey meet?" Tyler said, "All the websites say you're with some girl named Gena. I've saw pictures of her." Tyler said, "She's hot."

Abbey's heart dropped to the pits of her stomach as her cousin said that. She knew he meant no harm by it, but it still hurt her feelings. Not only did most of the world still think that Zacky was still with Gena, but apparently people found her attractive as well.

"Gena and I just didn't mix well. I'm happy with your cousin." Zacky said.

"But Abbey isn't really rock and roll. She's more like. . ."

"Thanks, Ty." Abbey scowled.

"Sorry, Abs. It's true. . . You're too sweet and stuff."

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. She listened as Tyler continued to go on and on about Zack and how he should have this hot rocker chick. She knew her cousin didn't mean harm, but he was really getting on her last nerve.

"So, what's it like when you go on tour?" Tyler asked, "How many chicks do you score with?"

Abbey tossed her head back. Was he seriously asking her boyfriend this right in front of her? She knew he was a teenage boy, and was meeting one of his idols for the first time, but did he seriously have to ask him these questions? She just shook her head as she got up and walked into the living room. She didn't even want to hear Zacky's response to that question.

"Uh, I normally have a girlfriend on tour."

"Yeah, but a lot of guys don't let that matter. Different area codes, right?"

Zacky tried not to let Tyler's words get to him, but the kid was getting on his nerves. He knew he was probably trying to be cool by talking about these topics, but it wasn't cool to bring them up. He noticed Abbey had left the room and shook his head. She was probably feeling even worse right now.

"I need to go find your cousin." Zacky said, standing up and walking away.

Zacky found Abbey sitting on the couch in the living room. She was surrounded by people but wasn't talking to anyone. He held out his hand for her and she looked up into his eyes. He motioned for her to follow him. She half smiled, and placed her hand in his as he pulled her up the stairs and into the room he had been staying in.

"I'm sorry, baby." He apologized.

"What are you apologizing for?" She asked.

"I know Tyler was probably bugging you with all those questions."

"It just sucks that he kept rubbing it in your face how we shouldn't be together." She whispered.

He raised his hands up and cupped her face, causing her to look him directly in the eyes.

"We should be together, and we are together. You think I care what anyone has to say about our relationship? I want to be with you." Zacky said.

"But--"

"There isn't any sentence you can say that should have a but in it."

She nodded her head, and he brought his lips down and pressed them against hers. This was one of the many reasons she loved him. He wouldn't let her or anyone else doubt their relationship. They kissed passionately for a long time, before ever breaking away, and when they finally did, he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"You mean so much to me." He whispered.

She wished she knew just how much she did mean. She knew he liked her, but how close to love was he? She decided that bringing that up would be stupid, and would possibly start a fight.

"You wanna go back downstairs?" He asked.

"Can we go home soon?" She asked.

"You want to leave?"

"I don't want to spend my entire vacation here."

"I thought you wanted to see your family."

"I've saw them. I love my family, but I. . .just don't feel like I fit in here. I never did, that's why I left."

"Okay. . ." He said, really not knowing what else to say, "We'll go back downstairs and if you still want to leave tonight, we'll talk about it. Kay?"

"Kay." She replied.

She walked back downstairs, and for the rest of the evening she enjoyed the company of her family. She sucked things up and even talked to Tyler a bit. He wasn't such a bad kid, he was probably just trying to impress Zacky by acting a lot older than he actually was.

She still didn't want to stay the rest of the week. She loved them, but seeing them for a couple of days was more than enough to hold her over. Her life was in California, and she missed it.

She walked into Zacky's room after changing into her PJs. She giggled when she saw him under the flower quilt that her mother kept on the guest bed. It was adorable to see him like that. He laughed and shook his head.

"Don't you dare say a word."

She giggled softly, "Not saying anything." She said, and sat down on the bed with him.

He reached over and grabbed her hand and intertwined it with his on top of the blanket..

"I still wanna go home." She said.

"You do?" He asked.

She nodded, "I just don't' feel comfortable here. I miss cuddling up with you all the time." She laughed.

He smiled, "I miss that too. When do you wanna go?" He asked.

"Can we get a flight tomorrow?"

He laughed, "I'll call and see, baby."

"Thank you." She said leaning down and kissing him on the tops, "And thank you for bringing me here. It meant a lot, and I loved seeing my family."

"But you want to go home?" He asked making sure.

She nodded, "I wanna go home."

"Miss Icky?" He asked with a laugh. Brian was watching his animals while they were away

She giggled, "Yep, I wanna go home to Icky."

"We'll go home on the next flight, baby." He said.

She nodded her head and kissed him one last time before she went to her room for the evening.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image