Rule Breaker

Hair Cut

She hadn't even spoke to Nathan since the night before. She was beyond pissed that he would spend her hard earned money on a laptop and stupid things for his car. She just didn't understand why he wouldn't talk to her about things first. Why in the world would make him think that spending fifty five hundred dollars of their savings was okay?

She walked into the salon and smiled briefly at her co workers. Maria asked if she needed half the day off and she shook her head. If she was going to save money and get out of that hell hole, then she would need to work as many hours as she could. She walked over and began taking everything out of her bag and fixing it on her station.

"What's wrong with you?" Kendra asked.

Abbey shook her head. Kendra was her best friend and she didn't hide anything from her. She ran a hand through her long reddish brown hair and sighed, "Nathan practically wiped out the savings on a laptop and a car."

"I thought you two were saving to get out of that shit hole?" Kendra asked.

"So did I." Abbey muttered.

Kendra shook her head. She felt horrible for her best friend. She knew how hard Abbey had been working to save money to move. Nathan didn't take their relationship seriously, and Kendra thinks he's been cheating on her. She just doesn't have the heart to tell Abbey that. She knew it would destroy her since she has practically no family in California.

Abbey tried to shove all thoughts of her current financial problems to the back of her mind. She drowned herself in work, getting lost in the colors and cuts that came through the door. She brushed off the neck of the client and smiled as she sent him on his way out. She looked towards the front and saw Zacky walking towards her. She half smiled as he approached and sat down in her chair.

"How long have you been here?" She asked.

"Awhile."

"Sorry to keep you waiting." She said, picking up the spray bottle.

"It's no problem, Abbey."

"How do you want it?"

He looked in the mirror, pretending to study his reflection, but the only thing he saw was her. Her long flowing hair. Her green eyes which matched his so well. The beautiful glow of her skin. He couldn't help but to smile, and lick over his lips, touching the cool steel of the rings.

"Just a little shorter. Maybe an inch or so all over?"

"Okay, can do."

She began cutting his hair, getting lost in his just like anyone else's. She felt him starring at her through the mirror, but she really didn't want to say anything. She just allowed him to continue starring as she sliced his hair. It didn't take her very long to finish.

"So, how are you and your boyfriend?" He asked, hoping she would blush and say she didn't have a boyfriend.

"We're fine." Abbey said. She wasn't one to put her problems on display.

Zacky frowned realizing she was still with the guy. He now found himself in a situation. He had proof that her boyfriend had been cheating on her with Gena. He had copies of emails between the two of them with dates, and places they had hooked up, and were gonna hook up. But could he tell her that? She knew about Gena and didn't tell him. He sighed, as she removed the cape from his neck, and shook his hair off of it.

He watched as she swept up the hair and placed it into the trash. She then ran a hand through her hair and he could tell something was bugging the shit out of her. He wanted so badly to just ask her what's wrong, but he couldn't bring himself to it. She was a shy girl. He didn't know if she was always shy, or just that way until she got to know a person. He walked over to Kendra, who was far from being shy, and decided to see if he could get some answers from her.

"Is something bugging Abbey?" He asked.

"Yeah. She's going through some things right now, I think." Kendra said, folding the foil. "Why?"

"Just wondering. She looks kind of down."

"Yeah. She does."

"Do you know what's bugging her?" Zacky asked.

She sighed, "I have a clue, but I can't really talk about it. Abbey isn't one to put her business out there. Ya know?"

"Yeah. You should bring her to the show this weekend. We're having one in town. Let her shake off some stress or something."

"You gonna get us tickets?" Kendra laughed.

Zacky smirked, "I'll drop them off to mom tonight. Get them from her tomorrow."

"Okay."

Zacky began to walk away, but Kendra grabbed him by the arm and smiled at him, "She's going to be harder to snag than you think, Zack."

He smirked, "You know I like her?" He questioned.

"I've known for a long time. It's kind of hard not to when you come in and can't look away."

He chuckled, "Does she know?"

Kendra laughed, "Abbey is clueless when it comes to guys."

"Is she still dating Nathan?" Zacky whispered.

"Yeah."

Zacky shook his head, knowing for a fact now that she was with the asshole who was betraying her. He didn't know how any guy could possibly cheat on her. She was so beautiful, and had such an amazing personality.

"Just bring her to the show, alright?" Zacky said, "I need to deal with some shit."

"Okay." Kendra said confused.

Zacky was going to take matters into his own hands. He was going to pay Nathan a visit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image