Rule Breaker

Drilling

Abbey hummed along as she placed the foils in the clients hair. She was finally back to work from the week off. She didn't like waking up and leaving Zacky this morning, but she knew it was something that needed to be done. He was suppose to start coming up with new designs for his clothing company while she was at work. She looked around and noticed half of the staff were gone on lunch. Maria had left an older worker named Karen in charge. The only other two in the shop were Abbey and Kendra.

"So, how surprised were you?" Kendra asked, with a slight smile. She had only spoke to her friend briefly about the trip and experiences in Kentucky.

"I was very surprised. I about had a heart attack."

"But was the trip alright?"

Abbey sighed, "I guess it was okay, a lot of horrible things happened, and I really didn't have a good time, but yeah. It was okay."

"Horrible things happened, and you didn't have a good time. . . but it was okay?" Kendra laughed.

"I got to spend time with Zack, and anytime with him is good!" Abbey laughed.

Kendra smiled, "You've got it bad."

"Really bad. I love him so much." Abbey nodded.

She placed her woman under the hood dryer to speed up her coloring process. She stretched her arms high above her head.

"Abbey, can you do that mans cut?"

"Sure." Abbey said, turning around and looking at Karen with a soft smile.

She walked up the front and placed a bright smile on her face. Her smile faded when she saw who the male was. It was Nathan. Her ex boyfriend. She swallowed hard, as a grin formed on his lips.

"Hey babe." He smirked.

"What are you doing here?" She groaned.

"Hair cut." He said with a wink.

"You never get your hair cut by a woman." She said arching a brow, "You always go to the barber shop."

Nathan wouldn't even let her cut his hair when they were together. He had always said that a man should cut a man's hair, and a woman should do woman's. She didn't understand his logic behind doing so, but she really didn't mind. It was his money wasted back then.

"So, you going to cut me or not?"

She sighed, "Sit over there." She seethed, as she walked over and grabbed a water bottle from Kendra's station.

"What's wrong?" Kendra asked, as she applied color to her clients scalp.

"The cut Karen asked me to do is Nathan." Abbey replied in a whisper.

"That sucks." Kendra sighed, "You want me to do it for you? You can take over my color."

"No, I'll do it. I just hope I let the scissors slip and cut his entire fucking ear off."

She draped Nathan and wet his hair down with the bottle. She grabbed her comb and scissors and then began cutting his hair.

"You didn't even ask how I wanted it." He said.

"I know how you wear it."

"I guess you do." He sighed, "Coming home anytime soon?"

She looked at him through the mirror and knotted her eyebrows together. Did he really just ask that? They didn't even have a home together anymore.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"Come on, Abbey." Nathan sighed, "It's been months baby. Let's just make up."

"I'm dating Zacky now, and even if I weren't--"

"You're still dating that loser?"

"Zacky is not a loser. Can you just stop talking to me?"

"You know you really don't want that."

"I do." She nodded, "And I don't plan on speaking another word to you."

Nathan tried throughout the entire hair cut to talk to her but she didn't say anything back. Once the hair cut was finished, she took his cape off and then told Karen he was ready to check out. He groaned as he walked up towards the front desk. The door opened as Abbey was sweeping up the hair. She glanced over at the door and smiled widely when she saw Zacky walking in, and then her eyes traveled over and saw that Karen and Nathan were still at the front of the shop. He was waiting on his change, and she was trying to come up with some small bills.

Zacky looked over towards the front counter and saw Nathan. He then looked over and saw that Abbey was sweeping up hair. He arched his brow, and then looked at the two hair colors. They were both a light brown, which meant she had been cutting Nathan's hair. He really didn't like that at all. He sighed, as he walked over to where she was standing.

"Hi baby."

"Hey." He said, "How long has he been here?" Zacky asked, not hiding the fact that it bugged him.

"Uhm. A little while. He got a hair cut."

"You done it, didn't you?"

"Well--yeah, I was the only one free at the time."

"So, why didn't you just tell him to leave?" Zacky asked. "You know he probably didn't want a hair cut in the first place."

"I uh. . ."

She didn't know why Zacky was drilling her like this. It wasn't like she had done anything wrong, or at least she didn't think she did. She swallowed hard, and Zacky turned around and looked at Nathan. Nathan winked and waved goodbye towards Abbey and then made his way out of the salon. Zacky's face turned to pure rage, as he began walking forward, but Abbey grabbed his arm stopping him.

"He's not worth it."

"Is he not worth it, or do you just not want me to punch his fucking face in?" Zacky seethed as he turned around and looked at her.

"What?" She asked, confused. Was he really getting this angry over a simple hair cut?

"You heard me." He muttered, "I'm going home."

"Zack, wait." She said, "Are you mad at me?" She asked.

He sighed, and shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know." He said, and then walked out of the salon, leaving her completely clueless as to what had just happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

I'll probably go with idea one guys, and then idea two later. So, both stories are coming. It may just take some time :) Thanks!