Rule Breaker

Hospital

She arrived at the hospital and quickly ran inside. Tears were streaming down her cheeks as she walked up to the reception desk. She mumbled out Zacky's name to a nurse, and the nurse told her what room to go to. She quickly made her way down the hallway. She saw Jimmy leaning by the side of the wall.

"Is he okay?" Abbey asked, bringing Jimmy out of his daze.

"He's knocked out." Jimmy said softly. This was very unusual behavior for him. Abbey had only have a few encounters with him, and each time he came off as this crazy individual. But right now, he seemed broken. "Doctors stitched him up and such. He's got a broken arm. Brian's with him right now. Everyone else is on their way."

"Do you know what happened?" She asked.

"We don't know anything. We're just lucky to have found him. The vehicle is totaled. He's actually lucky he escaped with a few scratches and a broken arm. He's going to be so bruised up though." Jimmy sighed, "I think he was trying to come home."

"This is all my fault." Abbey mumbled.

"Don't even try blaming yourself." Brian said, as he came out of the room, "Zacky was over reacting."

"So the Nathan thing did bug him that bad? Nothing happened. I would never do anything to risk our relationship."

"He knows that. He's just been fucked over so many times, he just jumped to conclusions. He's going to be alright, Abbey." Brian said. "You wanna go in and see him?"

She nodded her head, knowing his family would probably be here soon to see him. She felt so guilty. She walked into the room, and upon seeing him, her eyes swelled with even more tears. He was bandaged up, and his right arm was in a cast. She shook her head, as she walked over and bent down to hug her boyfriend. She tried not to squeeze too tightly on him. She didn't really know just how hurt he was.

"I'm so sorry, Zack. I love you so so much." She whispered, as tears continued to flow down her cheeks.

He looked so broken right now. She hated seeing him like this. She reached down and grabbed his hand that wasn't in a cast. She squeezed tightly on it, hoping that he knew she was here for him. She felt like her heart was being ripped out every time she looked at him.

"Oh My God!"

She looked over and saw Maria standing there looking just like Abbey did. Tears streaming down her face as she rushed over to Zacky's broken body. Maria hugged her son tightly, and then some other people came into the room. Abbey excused herself, allowing his father and sister to come in the room. She walked out of the room and down to the waiting area. By this time the rest of the band and girlfriends showed up.

Val came over and hugged her. She hugged back. She wasn't close to any of the girls, but right now she didn't care. She was just glad that someone was hugging her. She needed a hug.

"It's going to be alright, Abbey." Val whispered.

"I feel so guilty." Abbey admitted, sobbing on Val's shoulder.

"It was an accident. You couldn't have done anything, don't feel bad."

Abbey sighed as she walked over and took a seat in a vacant chair. There was a lot of chatter going on around her. Zacky's family stayed in the room with him for a long time, before finally Zina walked out into the room. She let everyone know that the doctors came in and said he was lucky, and that he should wake up soon. The painkillers had took a toll on his body and knocked him out.

Before Zina could even finish talking, the door opened up again and in walked the man who Abbey assumed was Zacky's father James.

"He just woke up." James announced with a sigh of relief, "He's in some pain, but he's going to be alright. Abbey." He said, looking around the room.

Abbey slowly stood up, and James half smiled, "He wants to see you, sweet heart."

She nodded her head, and quickly made her way towards the door. Zina and James walked back down to the room with her. Just as Abbey reached the door, Maria his mom was walking out. Maria hugged Abbey, and both of them cried on each others shoulders.

"He wants to talk to you." Maria said, "He's still sort of out of it, so it might be hard to understand him."

"Okay."

"We'll be back in a little while. He wanted to talk to you alone I think." Maria said, and then kissed her on the cheek.

Abbey sighed. Was talking to her alone a bad thing? Was he going to break up with her and tell her to get out of the hospital? She cried even more at that thought. She walked into the room and saw him sitting up in the bed. Pillows were behind his back and he looked like he was in so much pain.

"Zack?"

He looked over at her, his green eyes glazed over, and it was obvious he was in pain. She frowned, as she walked over. He sighed softly as neared him.

"Hey baby." He said so soft that she could barely hear him.

Abbey lost it and tossed her arms around his neck. The tears began flowing down her cheeks at a rapid pace now.

"I'm so sorry." She mumbled into his shoulder.

"It's my fault." He muttered.

"I love you so much, Zack. I would never do anything to damage our relationship."

He smiled, even though it hurt due to the scratches on his face. He was just thankful to be alive and to still have Abbey. He knew he had over reacted, and he had learned his lesson.

"I love you." He whispered to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image