Rule Breaker

Laughs

Abbey sighed as she sat in the uncomfortable chair by Zack's bed. The hospital wanted to keep him for a day or so to make sure he recovered well. Maria had told her she could have some time off work, since Zacky would need some assistance. She looked over at his sleeping form, and smiled softly. She really did love him with everything in her, and it broke her heart to see him like this. She stood up and walked over to him. She ran a hand through his hair, and then leaned down and pressed her lips against his forehead.

His eyes fluttered open, and he half smiled at his girlfriend. He was so glad that she didn't just drop his ass after his stupid decision to drive drunk. He knew when he finally got out of the hospital they would have a lot to talk about, but right now he was content with just being near her.

"How much longer do I have to stay in this damn place?" Zacky questioned.

She laughed, "Uhm, I think you get released in a couple of hours actually."

"Good, I hate hospitals."

She half smiled as she placed another kiss on his forehead, before sitting down in the chair. She scooted it closer to his bed, and he wiggled his fingers, which meant he wanted her to hold his hand. She smiled softly, and then gripped his hand tightly.

"You're gonna stay home for awhile right? I know Mom said--"

"However long you want, baby." She said.

He chuckled, "I might not let you go back."

She half smiled. At this point she really didn't care. She just wanted to stay by Zacky's side and show him that she loved him more than anything. She wanted to be the one to take care of him.

"You're gonna be a big baby now that you have that cast, aren't you?" She smiled.

He laughed, "I'm going to milk it."

"I know you are, and I guess I'll just suck it up." She giggled softly.

He smirked, as he looked over at her. He knew he loved her more than anything. She was the woman for him. He just wished he would have found her sooner, and realized it sooner. With his recent wreck, he realized there was a lot more he wanted out of life. He knew he always wanted to do music, and he would continue to do that until the day he died. But there was more to life than music.

As he stared into her green eyes he saw his future play out before his eyes. He saw her in a beautiful white gown walking down the aisle towards him. He saw her with a swollen belly. He saw her running around with green eyed toddlers. He saw his entire future play out, and Abbey was in every second of it. He wanted to grow old with her. He wanted her to be there for him every second of his life.

"Baby."

"Hmm?" She asked.

"I love you more than anything."

She smiled, "I love you too, Zack."

"I'm really sorry for over reacting. I trust you. I was just. . . I've never had someone like you. You're so amazing to me, and I was honestly scared I had lost you to that asshole."

She smiled softly, as she stood up and leaned down to press her lips softly against his. His bottom lip had been busted in the accident, so she tried not to put much pressure.

"Baby, I told you that I love you. I meant it. I would never risk our relationship, and I would never go back to Nathan."

"Promise?" Zacky smirked.

"I promise, Zacky."

"I can't wait to get out of this damn place and go home. I want to just cuddle with you all day."

She laughed, "Gonna be hard to cuddle bruised up, and also with that cast on your arm."

He smirked, "I will find a way."

Abbey and Zack both turned their attention towards the door as a young doctor walked in. He had blond hair slicked back, and a bright smile was across his lips. He looked at Zacky's chart and then began explaining that he needed to take it easy for a couple of weeks. He didn't want him doing any straining exercise or working out.

As the doctor walked out of the room, Zacky burst out laughing.

"Do I really look like the type of guy who works out?"

Abbey laughed as she once again leaned down and kissed him on the lips. The doctor had told them that a nurse would be in shortly to remove his IV so he could go home. Abbey took this time to call Maria to let her know that he would be released in a couple of hours.

"Call Bri and let him know too." Zacky said, once she hung up with his mom.

She called and let Brian know as well, and he told her he would go ahead and phone everyone else. After an hour, a elderly woman came in and removed the IV from Zacky's arm.

"No more wrecks young man." The woman said.

Zacky laughed, "Yeah, I'll try to remember that."

Abbey helped him to the bathroom and he changed out of the gown and into his street clothes. Abbey packed some of his things, and held on to his arm as they walked down and climbed inside her car.

"You know, you never told anyone exactly why you wrecked. Were you that drunk baby?"

He laughed, "I completely forgot. Everyone probably thinks I'm a dumbass. I saw a dog in the road, and I couldn't just hit it. So I turned the wheel quickly to miss it, and I guess. . ."

She smiled, "So, you weren't just drunk?"

"I was pretty shit faced." He admitted, "But I probably would have made it home if it weren't for the dog."

She nodded, "I'm just glad you're alright."

"Me too, baby. Me too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image