Rule Breaker

The Dark Knight

Zacky sighed as Abbey pulled the covers up over him. It was about eight PM, and they had finally got home and settled in. It took them so long because half of his family decided to come by and see him before he even made it through the front door. He was just happy his mother told everyone to go home so he could get some rest. He really wanted to spend some time with his girlfriend.

"Comfortable?" Abbey asked.

"I'd be more comfortable with you next to me." Zacky smirked.

She giggled, "I've got to put a load of clothes in the dryer, wash some dishes, let Icky out to use the bathroom, and take out the trash."

"You can do that tomorrow."

"I can't do that tomorrow." She laughed, "Icky will poop on the floor, and I really don't feel like cleaning up shit."

"Okay, then just let him out, and then come up here."

"Baby, let me do some house cleaning, and I'll be here. If you don't want to sleep, I can put you in a movie or something."

"You're not working tomorrow, right?"

"Right."

"Or the day after?"

"I told you, I wouldn't go back to work until you wanted me to."

He smirked, "I may never let you go back."

She laughed, as she leaned down and placed a soft kiss on his lips. Still being careful not to press too hard. She didn't want to hurt him. She put The Dark Knight in for him and then went down stairs. She allowed Icky to go out into the back yard, as she washed the dishes and put a load of clothes in the dryer. She then walked into the living room and gathered all the empty cups from the company earlier, and placed them in the trash.

It only took her about thirty minutes to tidy up the house. She locked all the doors downstairs, and made sure Icky had plenty of water and food in his bowl. She then walked upstairs. Before going in Zacky's bedroom that the two of them had been sharing, she walked into the one where her stuff was and changed into some comfortable pajamas.

She held back a giggle as she walked into the bedroom and saw him sleeping. She quietly walked over and turned off the television, and then closed the curtains, and flipped the light off. It was still early, but she wanted him to rest. She crawled in bed beside him, and tried not to touch him. She didn't want to hurt him by accident.

"You can scoot closer you know." Zacky laughed.

"I thought you were sleeping."

"I just had my eyes closed."

"You fooled me."

She could feel his body scooting closer to her. Soon she felt the hard cast laying against her. She took the hint, and scooted closer to him, praying she wasn't hurting him in any way.

"Am I hurting you?" She asked, as she moved her head on his chest.

"Baby, you're barely touching me." He laughed.

"I'm just scared. You're so bruised up, and I know you must be sore."

"I am bruised, and sore, but you being close to me makes me feel a lot better."

She laughed, "It does not."

"Does too."

She rolled her eyes in the dark, "I love you, Zachary Baker."

"I love you Abigail Rivers."

He used his left hand and intertwined their fingers together. He brought her hand up to his mouth and kissed it. She smiled, as she snuggled even closer to him.

"You know, the wreck made me think about a lot of things."

"Like what?" She questioned.

"Just what I want out of life."

She swallowed hard, and her stomach began to go crazy with nerves. Was he realizing that he didn't want her? Was he seeing what other people saw when it came to their relationship? Did he think she was too innocent and not out going enough for him? She knew the tears were about to escape. Just the thought of losing him made her a total wreck. She didn't know what she would do without him. He had been her shoulder to lean on for so long, in more ways than one.

"And what's that?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

"When I told you, I didn't know if I was letting you go back to work I wasn't lying."

She laughed, "Baby, one day you know I'm going to have to."

"But I don't want you to, Abbey. I want you with me all the time, and if you're working then that's not possible. I leave for tour in a couple of months, and I want you with me. Right there in the bunk every night. I want you beside the stage. I want you in the hotel rooms. I want you sitting in my lap as we stare out the window and watch as each state sign passes."

"Baby--"

"Let me finish."

"Okay."

"I know you're an independent woman. I know you've never really had anyone there for you relationship wise, but baby, I haven't either. I've had all these girls, but they never were in the relationship for me. They were always there for the fame or money. You though, you could care less about any of that. I'm not letting you go ever. I want to spend every minute I can with you. I want you by my side every step of my life from here on out."

She was nearly on the verge of tears with each word he spoke. She may have been unsure of his feelings in the past, but he was blowing her away right now.

"I know you may think it's soon for me to say this, but I don't give a fuck. I want you for the rest of my life. I want to marry you, and I want you to have my kids. I want to grow old with you, and I. . . fuck, baby, I just want you to be mine forever. I don't ever want us apart."

She didn't say a word as she leaned up and kissed him softly on the lips.

"I meant every word I said just now." He said, as she pulled away.

"I know, and. . . I feel the same way."

He smiled, "You don't think I'm rushing anything?"

She shook her head, "There is no such thing as rush when it comes to love."

"So, what do you say?"

"Hmm?" She asked.

"You gonna marry me and have my kids?"

"Is that what you want?" She asked, making sure this is really what he wanted. She knew it was what she wanted, but she needed to know he was sure as well.

"That's exactly what I want."

"Then yes." She smiled.

He leaned up and pressed his lips against hers hard. She wanted to protest the kiss since he had busted his lip in the accident, but she couldn't. He placed his good hand around the back of her neck and held her lips against his. She melted under his touch, and felt so happy to be with him. He was truly her everything, and she couldn't wait to spend the rest of her life with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image