Rule Breaker

One Knee

Zacky laughed as Abbey buried her face in his chest. It had been a week since his accident, and he was on a good road to recovery. Most of the scratches and bruises were almost gone, though the cast would still need to stay on for about six more weeks. Zacky didn't mind it though, he was just thankful it wasn't his left hand. He could still play guitar, even though sometimes that task was difficult.

"What's on the agenda for today?" Abbey asked.

"I think my beautiful girl and I should go shopping."

"Mm." She sighed, "I like staying in bed better. We have nothing to shop for."

He laughed. "You said you would marry me."

"Mhm." She said placing a kiss on his bare chest.

"I want to get you a ring, Abbey. I want to make it official."

"If you get me a ring, I expect you to get down on one knee."

He laughed, "Do I need to call and ask your dad for permission as well?"

She giggled, "Nope, I'd rather have a living fiance rather than a dead one."

"Get your cute ass up and get ready."

"But, I really want to lay in bed with you today." She pouted.

He chuckled, "I promise after we go and pick you out a ring, that we can stay in bed all day and night if you want."

"You know, me tagging along in ring shopping isn't very traditional."

"I want you to pick something out that you like though." Zacky said.

"You're a dork." She laughed.

"And you love me for it, so go get dressed!"

She kissed him softly on the lips before moving out of the bed. Zacky smiled as he watched hisgirlfriend fiance, walked out of the room. He had only told his close family, and friends that he and Abbey planned on getting married. He was surprised when no one had a negative comment. Everyone seemed thrilled with the news, especially his mom. He knew her family would be a challenge, but that was something they could deal with later. He knew she really didn't care what they thought anyways.

A little while passed before Abbey walked back into the room completely dressed and ready for the evening. Since Zacky couldn't shower and risk getting the cast wet, he would take baths every night. He felt like a child doing so, but it was for the best. He didn't want to risk getting the cast wet, and stall healing time. He needed it off so he could practice for the tour in a couple of months.

"You ready, baby?" She asked.

"I just need to put on shoes." Zacky replied.

She smiled as she watched him slip on a pair of shoes. She bent down and tied his laces for him, and then the two of them made their way out of the house. Zacky climbed in Abbey's car, mumbling something about not waiting until his cast was off so he could drive again. Abbey had banned him from driving until he got it removed.

"I need to go buy a new vehicle too."

"Not for another six or so weeks." Abbey smirked.

"Come on, babe."

"Nope."

"Baby--"

"You have no reason for it. I'm not letting you drive again until that thing is off your arm. You're a horrible driver with two hands, can you imagine only having one?" She giggled.

"I was intoxicated and a dog was in the road I have you know."

She smirked, "Come on. Don't you like having your girlfriend drive you around?"

He laughed, "Actually, I enjoy having my fiance drive me around, yes."

"That word is going to take some getting used to." She sighed happily.

Zacky told her where to drive, and soon she was parked in front of a local jewelery store. Before she got out of the car, she leaned over and kissed Zacky on the mouth.

"I love you."

"Love you too. Now let's go get a ring."

She giggled at how adorable he was, and followed him inside the store. He grabbed her hand as they were greeted by a sales woman. Zacky let them know he was looking for an engagement ring, and they told him to walk over to a show case. Abbey didn't say anything, as she glanced down into the glass. There was some rings that she liked, a lot that she didn't like. She didn't want to pick hers out. She wanted Zacky to pick it out.

"Which do you like, if you don't like any then we can go somewhere else. . ."

"Baby, I want you to pick it out."

"Abbey--"

"No Zack, please. I want this to come from you. If you want me to marry you, then you've got to pick my ring out."

"Do you like one of these?"

"Mhm."

"Do I get a hint?" He laughed.

"Nope." She smiled, shaking her head.

He sighed, as he glanced down into the show case. He knew Abbey didn't like gold rings, so he didn't bother looking at them. The was probably twenty or so silver ones in the case. He also knew Abbey didn't like something too big, so he canceled out about ten more. He saw a beautiful ring that screamed Abbey to him.

It had a silver band, and one large circle cut diamond in the middle, and two on the side. It wasn't too big, or eye catching, but it was nice. It was sort of simple, which is exactly what he was looking for. He swallowed hard, and then looked over at her. He pointed to the ring.

"Do you like that one?" He asked, unsure of himself.

"No." She said flatly and then smiled, "I love that one. It's my favorite, actually."

"Promise?" Zacky asked.

"Baby, I swear."

Zacky leaned over and kissed her softly, and then told the woman he wanted that ring. Lucky for them it was Abbey's size. He payed for the ring, and then he and Abbey walked out of the store.

"You really going to make me get down on one knee?" He asked as they walked out of the store.

"You bet." She smirked.

Zacky laughed, knowing she thought he would do it in private. He looked around and saw how many people were downtown. Abbey looked at him oddly, and then he got down on one knee, right outside the jewelery store, in the middle of the side walk.

"Zacky, you are not doing this right here!" She whispered.

"Yeah, I am."

"Baby, get up."

"He laughed, you told me you wanted me on one knee."

"Zacky!" She blushed.

He grabbed her hand, and looked up at her. Her green eyes were swelling over with tears. He smiled.

"I love you so much, Abbey. Will you do me the honor of being my wife?"

She nodded her head, and whispered a quick 'yes'. He stood up and slipped the ring on her finger, before crashing his lips against hers. Abbey could hear clapping and hollering of congratulations going on around her by people who had witnessed the entire show. She couldn't be bothered to break her lips away from Zack's.

"I love you." She said, as she finally broke away.

"I love you more."
♠ ♠ ♠
I've already started working on the new Zacky. :) I'm about six chapters in. So as soon as Rule Breaker ends, I'll have the first chapter out.

Image