Rule Breaker

Break

Abbey giggled as Zacky groaned out in frustration. He was trying to practice a new song on his guitar, but he was finding it difficult. The cast was still on his arm. He had about two more weeks to go before it got removed. She still hadn't been to work, even though it had been a month since his accident. Zacky told her he didn't even want her going back even after his cast was off. He wanted to spend a lot of time with her before they headed out on the road. She agreed to go on tour with him. She had always wanted to see the country, and it was the perfect opportunity.

"I fucking hate that I can't get this right."

"Baby, you're getting frustrated, you know you can't do anything when you get frustrated."

"I can't help it." Zacky muttered, "I should have got this first try."

"You should take a break for awhile."

"I can't take a break until I get this."

"Come on, baby." Abbey sighed, "You've been at it for two hours. A small break isn't going to hurt."

He nodded his head, "I guess a small break wouldn't hurt."

She smiled as he placed the guitar down. He patted on his lap, and she slowly walked over and sat down. He wrapped his arms around her the best he could, and sighed as he leaned his head against her shoulder.

"We leave for tour in seven weeks. . ."

"You get your cast off in two, so it's not that big of a deal Zacky. You'll have plenty of time to practice."

"I'm not concerned with practice time. I'm more concerned with. . . our. . ."

"Our what?" She asked.

"When are we getting married?" He asked.

"I uh. . . I don't know." Abbey said, "We haven't set a date or anything."

"Well, let's set one. Do you have a day in mind?"

"I don't care, baby. What day do you want?"

"I have a day in mind, but it's like. . . awhile away." He frowned.

"What day?"

"I like the idea of a Halloween wedding." Zacky said.

"Oh!" She smiled, "That would be good."

"But it's like seven months away."

"What's wrong with that? The tour would be finished, and it would give us a month or so to get everything in order. . . I think it's perfect timing."

"I just, I can't wait to make you my wife. I'm honestly thinking about just going to Vegas right now--"

"Zacky," She giggled, "Seven months is not that far away."

"I guess not." He sighed, "We can get some planning done on tour." He said, "Like thinking of colors, and possibly even shopping for a wedding dress."

"You can't help me with that."

"Why not?" He frowned.

"It's against tradition."

"Since when do you and I go by tradition. We're rule breakers, remember?" He chuckled.

"You're not seeing it. End of discussion."

"Well, you're not seeing whatever I wear then."

She laughed, "That's fine."

"Oh come on!" He whined.

"Okay, so we have a date set. Shouldn't you get back to practicing?"

"Mm. I don't wanna ." He replied, wrapping his arms tighter around her.

Abbey giggled as she moved out of his arms. She leaned down and pressed her lips against his, and then picked his guitar up and handed it back to him. He shifted it so it was still comfortable for him to play.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm going to go have a hot relaxing shower."

He pouted, "No fair. You know I can't join you."

She giggled, "You need to practice anyways. I'll be back in a bit. Your parents are coming over for dinner tonight, right?"

"Yeah."

"I need to lay out something for dinner then. Think of what you'd like. I'll be back in a bit."

Zacky watched as she disappeared from the room. He couldn't help but to let a smile spread across his face. Things couldn't be better between the two of them. They were engaged, and had a wedding date in mind. His band had a new album coming out, and a up and coming tour. Gena hadn't made an appearance, or even said a word since Abbey kicked her ass, and they hadn't heard from Nathan since the salon. Things were finally going good for the two of them. He almost expected something to come and rain on their parade.

"Baby?" Abbey said, coming into the room. She had a towel wrapped her body, and her hair was dripping wet.

"Yeah, baby?"

"Did you think of something I can fix for dinner?" She asked, "It's later than I thought. I should really lay it out if it's frozen."

He chuckled, "How about we just order out."

"Baby!" She groaned, "I am not going to order your parents something to eat! They deserve a home cooked meal."

"Mom cooks every night!"

"But but--"

"We'll order pizza. Dad's favorite pizza shack is like five minutes down the road. Problem solved."

She sighed, "Fine."

"Hey!" He groaned.

"Huh?"

"Where are you going?"

"To get changed." She laughed, pointing down to the white towel which covered her body.

He smirked, "I happen to like you wearing that. Now come here."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image