Rule Breaker

Fries With That

Abbey hung up the phone and then leaned against the kitchen counter with a goofy grin displayed across her face. She had just got off the phone with her parents. She told them about the engagement, and was surprised when they supported her. Her dad told her he wanted to be there to walk her down the aisle, which made her smile. Everything was finally falling in place, and Abbey truly couldn't wait to become Mrs. Zachary Baker.

"What are you so smiley about?" Zacky asked, as he walked into the kitchen.

"I just got off the phone with my parents."

"Oh! How did they take it?" He asked.

"Surprisingly well." Abbey giggled, "They said they wouldn't miss it for the world. Dad said he would be here to walk me down the aisle. I'm just. . . I'm so happy." Abbey smiled.

Zacky grinned as he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her. He had an appointment in a couple of hours to get the cast off. He was really looking forward to having his arm back.

"So, should we leave a bit early and stop to get something to eat?" Zacky asked.

"Sure, just let me grab my purse." Abbey said.

Abbey giggled as she and Zacky walked into Wendy's. The drive thru was packed, and it would be quicker to go inside. He was wearing a beanie over his head, and sunglasses on his face. Not to mention he had placed a large jacket on, hoping to avoid attention. He had an appointment in about an hour, and they didn't have time to get distracted.

"What do you want, babe?" Zacky asked.

"Uhm. I guess a number one."

He nodded his head and ordered their food. They collected the ticket and then stood in line. Zacky placed his hand on the small of her back, and she leaned back into him. Everything was going smoothly until the person who handed their food appeared. Zacky laughed loudly and tossed his head back upon seeing Nathan, Abbey's ex handing them their bag of food. Clearly, Nathan wasn't expecting to see them either.

Zacky walked forward, a sly grin across his lips. "Now, Nathan, I definitely wanted fries with that. You put them in there, right?" Zacky smirked.

Nathan huffed, and walked away. Abbey looked over at Zacky and giggled, as she grabbed their bags, and the two of them made their way out of the fast food joint.

"He probably spit on our food." Zacky laughed.

"I doubt it. He looked pretty shocked when he called our number and you stepped forward."

Zacky smirked, "The look on his face really made my day."

She smiled, and the two of them got inside the car. They inspected their food from top to bottom before eating. Once they finished eating, they headed off towards the doctors office to get Zacky's cast removed.

"Excited to get that thing off?" She asked.

"Hell yeah. It smells like decaying ass."

She made a disgusting face, "Zack." She groaned, "That was the most disgusting thing you've ever said around me."

He laughed, "I only state the truth."

She shook her head playfully and soon the doctor walked in. He went over a normal check up with Zacky and then proceeded to remove his cast. Abbey made yet another disgusting face as the cast was removed from his arm. It really did smell bad. The doctor discarded it, and then checked over Zacky's arm. Everything seemed to be healed just fine.

"Your free to go, Mr. Baker."

Zacky smirked, "Thanks doc."

He reached over and grabbed Abbey's hand and they made their way out of the doctor's office. Abbey sighed, as she climbed inside the passenger seat. Zacky was determined to drive now that his cast was off.

"Your arm smells so bad." She laughed.

"I told you!"

"You really need to go home and scrub it."

"Plan on it."

"So, do you think I should go back to work for awhile before the tour?"

He glared at her, "No."

"Zacky, baby. Your cast is off. . ."

"I don't care. I don't want you working right now. I want us to spend some time together. Plus, with the tour and planning the wedding, you're not really going to have much time to work."

"Zacky, I can't just depend on you for the rest of my life."

"Yes you can, and you will! I'll be your husband. It's my job."

"You're. . ." She groaned, "ugh!"

He laughed, "Love you too, baby."

Later that night, they were laying in bed. Zacky leaned down and kissed her softly on the top of the head, and then sighed.

"What?" She asked, running her finger up and down his bare chest.

"I'm just so glad we're finally to this point in our relationship."

"Me too."

"I really can't wait to make you my wife."

"I can't wait to be your wife."

He grinned as he leaned down and kissed her softly on the mouth. Zacky and Abbey had a lot of things happening over the next couple of months. A big tour, and planning the wedding. But it would all pay off in the end when he got to watch her walk down the aisle in a white gown.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just started posting my new Zacky V story.Accidents Happen
Image
One more Chapter!