Rule Breaker

Afterlife

After Abbey left the salon, she decided to pick up dinner from a fast food place. She wasn't in the mood to slave away over the stove for Nathan. She was still pissed at him for taking the money from the savings account. She drove through a drive through, and ordered two meals. As the cars slowly inched forward to the window, she turned on her radio, hoping something could distract her mind. There was a burned CD that Kendra had made her, and she put it inside her player. She had no clue what was on it. She hadn't listened to it in a long time. She sighed, as she heard the intro to the first song. It was Afterlife, by Avenged Sevenfold.

Every time she thought of anything related to the band, her mind traveled to Zacky for some reason. It always did. She knew it was wrong of her to think about only him when their were four other band members, but there was just something about him. Something that she would never admit to anyone. He had also dated one of her 'friends', which made him against the girl code book. And she had a boyfriend as well. She remembered when Gena took her to a concert of theirs awhile back, and she ended up watching him the entire time. She remembered how she felt when she had watched Zacky, and actually made eye contact with him during one of the songs.

A blaring of a horn brought her out of her daze. She sighed, and drove up to the window, paid for the food, and then drove to the next and picked it up. She decided to swing by Nathan's work just for the hell of it. She didn't plan on stopping, but she just wanted to see if they were closing later than five.

As she drove by she saw that the large fence gate was shut and locked, and all the vehicles from the workers were gone from the parking lot. She sighed, and turned her car around and headed towards the apartment she and Nathan shared. It wasn't a very long drive, and before long she found herself parked in her spot, looking over at his empty one. She was now starting to question where he was at. She grabbed the two bags of fast food, and got out of her car and walked inside the house.

She walked inside the house, and slipped her shoes off as she placed the food down on the coffee table. She starred around at the small one bedroom apartment. It wasn't completely run down, but she had always pictured herself having more. She lived in a small town in Kentucky, and moved away when she was eighteen. She had left everything and everybody she knew to come to California, and try to make something of herself. She worked two jobs until she decided what she wanted to do, which was cosmetology. She struggled working nights to put herself through school.

Now, she was a successful cosmetologist, who had a good income, but yet she was still living in the same apartment she had been when she was struggling to make it.

Nathan, who she has been dating for a little over a year had moved in about seven months ago. She thought they were moving fast at the time, but he claimed he had no where else to go. He's been working at a car dealership for the past six months, and he makes a decent income as well, though he's always broke. Which is something Abbey could never understand.

Abbey sat down on the couch and opened her bag of fast food. She wasn't stupid, naive maybe, but not stupid. She knew something wasn't right. She didn't know what exactly was going on, but she knew something was going on. The coming in late when the work was closed down. Never having any money.

She finished her dinner and looked up at the clock on the wall. He still wasn't home and it was half past six. She knew he couldn't use the excuse of work. She had saw with her own eyes that it was closed. The fence had been pulled together and it was locked.

She looked up when she saw the door open. He had a pleased smirk as he walked inside the house. Abbey decided to pay more attention to detail. She looked at the wrinkles in the bottom of his white shirt. It looked as if someone had been fisting and pulling on the fabric. She studied how the first two buttons were once again unbuttoned. She saw how his hair, which was usually parted perfectly to the left side, now had no part what so ever. She starred at his neck, and saw a faint outline of red.

"Hey baby." He smiled.

"Hi honey." She smirked, "How was work?"

"It was amazing. We worked late again."

"That's great. I can't wait to see your paycheck. I'm sure the over time is going to be great."

His face quickly changed expressions as he looked at her. She knew she had caught him now. She wasn't about to let the cat out of the bag though. She wanted to watch him squirm. She crossed her legs, and then handed him his bag of fast food. He sat down on the couch with her, and began chomping down on the food.

Many things began to click. The reason he wanted her to work the full day today. The reason he came home so aroused last night. She just wondered how long this had been going on, and why she was stupid enough to not see it before. She also wondered who she was. Who was the girl that he decided to cheat on her with?

She watched as he ate the dinner she brought home to him. The dinner she bought him with her hard earned money. She wondered if he felt any bit guilty for what he was doing. Did she even cross his mind when he was with another woman?

"That was great babe. I love you so much." He said.

She looked over at him and wanted to laugh. She wanted to laugh in his face and tell him she knew the truth, but she also knew that could only lead to confrontation which was something she didn't want. She just needed to get out. She needed to find her a place, and just leave him.

Zacky paced through his bedroom, wondering where and how he was going to approach Nathan. He knew he wanted to do it. He needed to do it. Not only for himself, but for Abbey as well. He didn't wanna come out and tell her Nathan was cheating on her. If she cared about him, he didn't want to be the one to watch her heart break.

He sat down on his bed, and gripped at his hair. He couldn't believe he was in this situation. He couldn't believe Gena had cheated on him with half of California, not to mention Abbey's boyfriend.

He decided that tomorrow afternoon he would confront Nathan when he got home from work. At this point he didn't care if Abbey watched the confrontation or not. Maybe she would see and realize that she deserved better than him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image