Rule Breaker

Falling Apart

Abbey worked hard on her clients hair. She stayed quiet mostly, trying to mask her emotions. She had come to terms with Nathan cheating on her. She had come to terms with his betrayal, and the fact that he had basically robbed her from her hard earned money. She couldn't believe she was having to deal with this. Nathan never seemed like the type of guy to cheat. He had always treated her good, and never even hinted that he was attracted to other women. She had thought he could have been the one.

"What's bugging you today?" Kendra asked.

She shook her head, "Nothing really."

"Come on Abs, I know you better than that."

"I just have a lot on my mind."

Kendra smiled, "Well then. I'm going to take your mind off things this Saturday night. We're going out."

Abbey smiled, "I don't think we should. . ."

"No, we're going! You haven't been out with me in a month. I'm not taking no for an answer."

Abbey smiled and nodded her head. What could it hurt to go out with her best friend? Her life was falling apart and the only good thing she had was her job and Kendra. She wasn't about to push her best friend away at a time like this.

As the day ended, she collected her things and left. She was tired and wanted to get home to take a long bubble bath. As she pulled into her drive way she was shocked to see Nathan's vehicle actually there. She also saw him standing outside talking to someone. She burrowed her brows together as she realized it was Zacky who he was talking to.

Confused and curious she got out of her car and approached the two of them.

"What's going on?" She asked.

Zacky looked over and saw that Abbey had just arrived. He had just confronted Nathan about cheating with Gena, and he had admitted it. Probably scared Zack was going to beat him to a bloody pulp and leave.

Nathan looked over at his girlfriend and then back at the tattooed musician standing in front of him. He knew if Zacky told Abbey he was cheating then he would lose her, and his only source of income. He had quit his job at the dealership a month ago, and hadn't told her yet. He had also become addicted to pain pills, and had been cheating on her. If Zacky let the cat out of the bag, and he lost her income then he would be shit out of luck.

"We were just talking." Nathan said.

"Tell her the truth." Zacky hissed.

"What's going on?" Abbey repeated again.

"Nothing is going on, baby." Nathan said. "He was just leaving."

"I'm not fucking leaving until you tell her."

"There is nothing to tell her. Stop trying to cause problems between my girlfriend and I. It's obvious you like her or else you wouldn't be trying to fuck with me." Nathan hissed.

Zacky couldn't believe him. He had just confessed moments ago that he had indeed cheated with Gena, and now in front of Abbey he wasn't going to say shit. He couldn't control himself. He rammed his fist into Nathan's jaw, causing him to lose balance and fall to the ground.

"Zack! What the hell?" Abbey squealed.

"He's fucking cheating on you! He cheated with Gena!" Zacky nearly screamed.

"I know." Abbey said softly.

Nathan raised up off the ground and clutched to his now bleeding lip. Zacky's eyebrows were burrowed together as he looked at Abbey in wonder. She knew he was cheating? He didn't have time to say anything. Nathan's body slammed into him, causing his body to go flying into a parked van.

Abbey watched in disbelief as the two of them continued to toss punches. She could see blood on the concrete and knew someone was bleeding. As she looked at them more, she could see that Nathan was bleeding on his face in two or three places, and Zacky looked to be bleeding as well.

"Stop!" She screamed, but they didn't seem to listen to her.

Suddenly a guy from the apartment next door came out and broke them up. When she looked at Nathan, blood had basically covered his entire face, and he looked like he was going to be in need of many stitches.

Zack had blood dripping down from one of his lip rings. She didn't know why, but her heart longed more to go over and see how Zack was doing rather than Nathan.

Nathan just looked at Zack and cursed at him, before walking into the apartment to tend to his wounds. Abbey looked at Zack, and she could tell he was regretting something. She sighed as she walked over to him and examined his lip. She knew he was going to need to go to the ER.

"You need to go get that looked at." She sighed.

"It's nothing."

"Zack, your lip ring looks like it's going to fall out. You seriously need to get it checked. You're bleeding. Wait here." She said.

She walked inside, and straight over to the kitchen sink, and grabbed a cloth and ran some cold water on it. Nathan was standing in the hallway cleaning his cuts.

"Where are you going?"

She turned around and looked at him with rage in her eyes. She didn't know what had come over her, but she decided to be a bitch for the time being.

"I am taking Zack to the hospital."

"You're fucking going with him to the hospital? What about me, Abbey?"

"Why don't you fucking call whatever girl you've been sleeping with Nathan." She hissed, before walking out the apartment, and slamming the door behind her.

She found Zacky leaned up against his SUV. She shook her head, as she approached and handed him the cloth.

"I'm fine, Abbey."

"You're not fine. Pick a vehicle mine or yours. We're going to the hospital."

He normally wouldn't dare go to the hospital. He didn't feel like he needed to. But any chance to spend time with Abbey sounded like a good idea to him.

"I'll drive, get in." He said.

She nodded her head, and climbed inside the passenger seat of his SUV. He started off towards the hospital. He just hoped they got some talking done while he was there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image