Rule Breaker

Mixed Emotions

Zack sat on the bed in the hospital room, waiting for the doctor to come in and look at his lip. As time went on it began to hurt more and more. Not very painful, but more annoying. He glanced over at the chair in the room and saw Abbey there. Her reddish brown hair was tucked behind her ears and her green eyes were filled with so many mixed emotions. He knew she was probably hurting a lot worse than he was. He was going to say something, but the opening of the door cut him off. Both their emerald eyes landed upon the man in the white coat.

"Hello, Mr. Baker." He said with a confident smile, "Let's see what we can do about your lip."

The doctor came over and looked at his lip. He made a few noises and grunts and then wrote something on his clipboard. He was one of the weirdest doctors Abbey had ever saw in her life. He didn't say a word the entire time Zack was on the bed.

"Well, it looks like you're going to need a couple of stitches. You ripped your lip good. We won't have to remove the piercing, and the stitches will dissolve in about three weeks."

"Okay." Zacky said.

"I would advise you to clean your mouth out often, and make sure to come back if you have any problems." The man said as he began to stitch Zack's lip.

"Okay." Zacky said yet again.

The doctor told him a few more things to he needed to do and be aware of. Apparently the cut in his mouth would be very easily infected. It didn't take him long before he finished stitching the lip.

"And I would suggest no oral sex until the wound is healed, and the stitches have been dissolved."

Abbey felt very uncomfortable in the room. She knew the doctor probably thought she was his girlfriend. Zacky chuckled lightly and smirked as he nodded his head towards the doctor. He spoke a few more words and then told Zack he was ready to go.

"That was interesting." Zack laughed.

Abbey blushed slightly, "That was. . . awkward."

"It wasn't too bad." Zack said.

"He probably thought I was your girlfriend, Zack."

"Let him think it." He said, jumping off the bed, "You ready to bail?"

She nodded her head and the two of them walked out of the hospital. She climbed inside his SUV, and he done the same. He decided he was going to drive slowly back to her apartment savoring every moment he could with her. There were some things he wanted to ask her.

"So, you knew he was cheating on you?"

"Yeah." She replied softly.

"When did you find out?"

"Yesterday."

"Oh." Zacky sighed, "I found emails from him to Gena. Apparently they've been. . ." He didn't even need to finish his sentence. She just half smiled and nodded her head.

She didn't say a word, and Zacky found himself wondering one last question. He needed to know.

"Are you staying with him?" He asked.

She looked over at I'm with shock in her eyes. Why would she stay with a low life who plans on cheating on her? Did Zacky honestly think she was insane?

"No. I just need to find a new place."

"That won't be hard." He stated, "Apartments all over California."

She nodded her head. It wouldn't be hard if she actually have enough money to get another apartment. He had spent all of her money. She only had a couple hundred dollars to make due until her next pay check, and she knew kicking him out would do no good. He would just use his key to come right back in.

"It might be awhile before I can move out." She admitted.

"Why?" Zacky asked, not understanding.

"Because a couple of days ago, the asshole practically emptied out my bank account."

"What a fucking dick." Zacky groaned, "If you need a place to stay Abbey. I have a spare bedroom."

"I couldn't do that." She sighed, "I'll just make due."

As Zacky pulled into her apartment complex parking spot her mouth dropped wide seeing the windshield of her car shattered into a million pieces. Zacky's mouth was dropped wide as well. He was the first to open the door. "Stay here." He said, slamming it behind him.

He knew who done it. There was only one person who would do it. He groaned loudly, as he walked over and opened the door to her apartment. He assumed Nathan would have locked it, but it was left open. He walked in, and discovered the entire apartment had been trashed. From top to bottom completely trashed. There was holes in the walls, everything of any profit was gone, and all the furniture and bigger items were broken into a hundred pieces.

He walked further into the small apartment, his hands clutched into fist ready for impact. With each step he took there was a crunching sound due to all the broken items placed along the carpet. He looked in every room in the apartment. Everything had been trashed. He hadn't left one room untouched. In the bedroom, he discovered all of Abbey's clothes were scattered across the room. Most of them looked like they were tore to pieces. He had even taken a knife down the mattress of the bed. He shook his head, as he turned around and walked out the apartment. There was nothing she could salvage, and he sure as hell didn't plan on letting her spend the night there.

He climbed back inside his SUV and looked over at her.

"What is it?" She asked, "Is he in there? Is he angry?"

"The apartment is trashed, Abbey." He said with a sigh. "I don't think you can salvage anything."

As soon as he finished the sentence, her voice set into panic mode as she pushed open the door and ran inside the apartment. Everything she had and worked so hard for was inside the tiny apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
This update is for tomorrow.
Image