Rule Breaker

Guardian Angel

Tears swelled up in her big green eyes as she saw her living room. The place she had spent a majority of her time since she had lived in California had now been completely turned upside down. There wasn't anything untouched. She shook her head as she walked further inside and examined everything. The couch looked as if he had took knives and stabbed into it a million times. Most of the furniture had been broken into pieces. There was several holes in the wall, that she knew she would have to pay for to replace. The kitchen was ruined.

Slowly, she walked into the bedroom and shook her head as she saw every article of clothing she owned scattered across the room, ripped and torn. She knew Nathan was capable of being an asshole, but she just didn't know how big of an asshole he could be. The tears flowed down her cheeks, as a sob caught in her throat. She couldn't believe her life had changed so dramatically in such a short period of time.

Zack stood in the door way of the bedroom, watching her. He didn't know what to do. He wanted to tell her everything would be okay, but he was sure that was the last thing she would want to hear. She turned around and his heart ripped in two seeing the sadness on her face.

"I can't believe he done this." She whispered.

"Let's go." Zack said.

"Zacky, I can't go." She said, her voice still in a whisper, "I have nowhere to go. I have no one in California. This was the only thing I had. I have to stay."

"You're not staying here, Abbey. There is nothing for you here. We'll call the apartment owners in the morning."

"I can't leave Zack!" She hissed, "I told you, I have nowhere to go."

"You're staying with me, and I'm not taking no for an answer. I'll be waiting in the SUV for you. I'm calling my mom and telling her you need the rest of the week off." He said quickly.

"Zack-- I can't."

"I'm not taking no for an answer. I'll be waiting."

Abbey watched as he walked out of the apartment. She sighed. She didn't want to be a burden on Zack, but she knew he was her only choice at the moment. She knew Kendra would take her in, but Kendra lived with her sick mom. She groaned out, and looked around her bedroom for anything she could find. She found a few shirts that had only been ripped slightly, and placed them over her arm.

After twenty minutes of looking for things that she could salvage, she walked out of the apartment with a few shirts, one pair of jeans, and a pair of shoes. She opened the car door and looked inside, seeing if he had left anything for her there. He hadn't left anything. She sighed, as she turned around. Zacky's window was now rolled down.

"Come on, Abs. Let's get you home."

She climbed inside the passenger side of his SUV and looked over at him. He looked like a guardian angel at the moment. She didn't know where she would be if Zack wasn't around.

"I'm sorry about all of this. I feel like it's my fault."

"How could it possibly be your fault?" She asked.

"I came and started shit with Nathan."

"It was going to happen sooner or later." Abbey sighed, "I think it was better now than later."

"Maybe. Oh, I phoned my mom. She said it was fine for you to take the rest of the week off."

"I shouldn't." She sighed, "I need to work and get some money. I'm sure the damages on the apartment are going to be expensive."

"Nathan should pay for that shit." Zacky stated.

"The contract is in my name."

"Was he basically just a low life?"

"He worked. . . I think. I don't even know anymore. I don't even think I really knew him."

"Fuck him." Zacky said, "You're better than that."

It wasn't long before Zacky pulled into a garage, and cut the engine. She looked over at him and a soft smile was spread across his pierced lips. "Come on, Abs."

She followed him inside the house and was instantly blown away by it's beauty. He turned around and looked at her, with yet another smile. He then motioned for her to follow him up the stairs. She done so quietly.

He opened a door, and walked inside a room. She followed in behind him, and smiled as she saw it was a bedroom. It had dark blue walls, and a huge bed in the center of the room with a blanket that read "University of Vengeance." There was also a huge dresser, and computer desk in the room.

"We'll go out shopping for you some new clothes tomorrow."

"I need to make sure I have money in my account. He's probably robbed that as well."

"Don't worry about money, Abbey. I'll take care of things, alright?"

"Zack, you're already doing too much."

He shook his head, "I haven't even started yet. You need something to sleep in?"

She nodded her head, and he told her he would be right back. She placed what little clothing she had down on the desk top, and then Zack returned with her a pair of ball shorts and a shirt. She smiled at him and thanked him.

"Get some rest. Okay? I'll see you tomorrow morning, and I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing."

He smiled, "I'll see you tomorrow morning. Good night."

"Night Zack."

As she watched him shut the door behind him, she breathed out really loud. Butterflies swarmed around in her stomach. She couldn't believe he was kind enough to help her. She felt different when she was around Zack. She knew it was wrong considering he dated one of her friends, but she just couldn't help feeling that way.

Then she remembered her friend had slept with her boyfriend. That still didn't change things though. A part of her just felt like it went against the girl rule book to think that way about your friend's ex.

She groaned. Why did she have to be such a good girl?
♠ ♠ ♠
Image