Status: On hiatus indefinitely, pending re-write.

Bleeding, Just For The Attention

The Beginning

I rubbed my eyes, exhausted.
It looks like nothing good came out of last night.
Tired, because i didn’t get home tilllate early morning.
Alone, because my friends couldn’t stand me always ditching them at the last minute to play shows in people’s basements anymore, and ditched me.
And feeling pretty fucking useless, because of the four unsigned bands playing last night, we were the only ones who the record company didn’t sign.
Apparently we aren’t mainstream enough.
I picked up my pen and tried to finish at least one piece of work, before I noticed the purple and orange streaks of eyeliner on my hands.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuck
You would have thought that i would have learned not to rub my eyes by now. I looked around for a reflective surface to check my makeup in.
Nothing.
I sighed and picked my pen up again.
Then the bell rang.
I grabbed my books and headed towards the senior wing, dodging passers-by and trying to catch a glimpse of my reflection in the windows of the classrooms.
I rounded the corner and finally saw my reflection in the approaching room.
The stars around my right eye had been a little smudged, but that was all.
I titled my head to get a better look when I walked straight into someone’s back.

“Oh shit I’m sorry, I-“ I looked up into the eyes of the person I’d walked into. “Shane! What are you...” I trailed off, noticing Davie standing beside him. “Hi Davie.”

“Hi Lee.” Shane grinned. “I just thought i’d stop by and see how you were.”

“Well apart from the fact I'm at school, I’m good.” I looked back at Davie. “So what’s the real reason you’re here?”

“You grabbed my bag instead of yours last night.” Davie complained.

“Oh yeah, sorry about that. I didn’t realise till I got home.” I smirked.

In truth i’d grabbed it on purpose. Ever since... well, ever since I was in year 10 and he was in year 12, I couldn’t stand being around him. And since I play guitar in my brother's band, which Davie had to be the front man of, I found small victories in pissing him off.

“So have you got it or not?” he demanded.

“Oh yeah it’s in my locker. Just follow me.” I turned to lead.

“Hey it’s my old English teacher!” Shane exclaimed, clapping his hands together. “I'm going to go talk to her. Meet you guys later.” He walked off, leaving me alone with Davie for the first time in almost two years.

We walked back towards the locker bay in silence.
Wow this is awkward
I opened my locker and handed Davie his bag.

“Here yo-“ Davie cut me off

“Band practise is at 4. Bye”

I turned around to say goodbye, but he had already left.
bastard
I grabbed all of my English work and headed towards the library to finish it.

I grabbed a seat towards the back, and tried to concentrate on the work.
But lets face it, dead poets just aren’t that interesting when you're sleep deprived.
I was almost asleep when I heard the opening bars to Miss Murder by AFI. I started to tap in time before I realised that the librarians were glaring at me.
My ringtone’s miss murder
I hurriedly grabbed my books and ran out of the library.

“This better be good Steve”

“Why are you always in such a bad mood when I call? You’re always nice to Shane when he calls.”

“Because I like Shane. You’re my brother. I don’t have to like you.”

“Good point.”

“So what do you want?”

“Well you know how we currently have a bad picture from a bad show as our myspace picture?”

“Yes” he wasn’t lying. It was horrible. I’m surprised we have as many friends as we do with those pictures.

“Does Mr Griffen still do photo shoots?” he asked, referring to his old music teacher.

“Yeah he showed me some great shots he did for those year 10’s in the stupid metal band the other day, why?”

“They aren’t stupid, they’re awesome, anyway, I figure that if we aren’t getting any attention at shows, then we could try and get attention on myspace.”

“What, you want us to become a scene band?” I laughed.

“Well I'd like us to get signed. And besides, isn’t your favourite label full of scene bands?”

“Just because you don’t like Panic! Doesn’t mean they’re not any good.”

just because you don’t like Panic!” he mimicked. “You just like them because you think the guitarist is hot.”

“Well he is!” Damn. That isn’t what meant to say

He chuckled “My point exactly. Anyway, go ask Mr Griffen if he could take some photos for us.”

“Fine.” I sighed, snapping my phone shut.