Sequel: Rescued.
Status: Finito!

Stranded

First Date

“Sara! Seriously chicka wake up! It’s noon and I need a shower I smell really, really bad!” Makahla called throwing a steady stream of smarties at me (I have no idea where she got them but hey it’s Makahla we’re talking about here) all of which have landed on my down my shirt which is really weird… anyhow that’s how my day started. I groaned as I sat up and glared at my best friend.

“What does your smelling bad have to do with me being awake?” I asked throwing the smarties back at her… we’re going to have to vacuum later…

“Well my love, I am incapacitated at said time and I need help showering. Jack already offered his assistance but I happily declined, instead insisting on the aid of my best friend.” She explained using big words today for some reason… What could I say? My best friend is a weird one. “Besides Alex is still here, so I was going to make you help me get clean and wait till he left rather than run the chance of you possibly getting mad again.” She explained, I sighed again and flopped back down.

“Why are you up so early anyway?” I mumbled looking down at her, she shrugged and lay back on her mattress.

“Jack came in and wouldn’t leave me alone… it was quite annoying actually, but he promised me coffee and lots of sugary goodness when we go out on our date!” she said giggling. I sighed and threw my legs off the side of the bed and let them dangle for a minute while I rubbed my eyes and tried to wake up.

“You are soooooo lucky I love you!” I said as I slid down to the floor.

“I know!” she grinned I rolled my eyes I wasn’t usually like this but what can I say I’m confused… I also stayed up half the night thinking about him to which was also something I don’t usually do… I can’t sleep well usually, but this was different… I wish I didn’t like Alex this much. It was easier when he was just a celebrity crush, and Mike was the one that had my heart, it would even be more okay if Alex was the only one that had my emotions… but no, it had to be both of them?! Urg… this was not a fun situation.

I helped Makahla into the bathroom, and on to the edge of the tub, even though she was my best friend and had been for a long time it was still awkward for me to be sitting in there with her naked… I didn’t do well with nakedness! As I helped her bathe she asked me if I had thought anymore about my situation with the guys, I told her about my confusion and frustration.

“Sara love, guys are pains… it comes with the Y chromosome!” she responded “but if you really want help with this then try thinking of it as who’s better for you or if you’re better off without either of them right now.” She explained. She was usually pretty good with advice but it really wasn’t what I wanted to hear at that particular moment. I wanted an answer.

A little while later Makahla and I were sitting on the couch watching Sweeny Todd when Jack came back from playing laser tag with the guys. He noticed us on the couch and flopped down beside Makahla and pecked her cheek.

“You excited for your date tonight?” I asked, giggling at their cuteness, even though it kind of made me want to sort out stuff with Mike or Alex, but I couldn’t resist asking.

“On the couch I just can’t wait to take her out on our very first date is it cool if I hold your hand? Is it wrong if I think its lame to dance? Do you like my stupid hair? Would you guess that I didn’t know what to wear?” he sang acting like a dork, making her giggle with the appropriate word changes. We sat and finished the movie, all of us singing along to the songs, which was fun, especially hearing Jack sing like a girl, that was just hilarious! Before we knew it, it was time for me to help Makahla get dressed for their date.

“¿Has visto mi vestido de verano color púrpura hippy y un suéter blanco?” Makahla asked in Spanish earning a confused look from me, she randomly did this, and I understood none of it!

“Καλά είπα εγώ δεν ξέρω τι μου λες! Μιλάω Ελληνικά, δεν ισπανικά!” I exclaimed back to her.

“Well love that’s all Greek to me!” we both giggled, she took Spanish in high school and I took Greek, so neither one of us understood each other.

“Well I said: I don't know what you're saying! I speak Greek not Spanish!” I giggled

“I asked you if you’ve seen my purple hippy sundress and white sweater?” she repeated herself this time in a language I understood. I nodded and got it out of her suit case so she didn’t have to get up.

Before long she was ready, and hobbled out to the living room on her crutches, as soon as Jack saw her he shot up from the couch and greeted her singing “First Date” again, I thought it was rather cute. After they left I was home alone, Alley and some of the guys were out either playing laser tag or playing paintball or something like that. I decided to call my sister-in-law and see if she was doing anything, only to be disappointed because they were out at the Zoo, I didn’t feel like driving two and a half hours just to meet them.

I plopped myself upside down on the couch, flipping through the T.V. channels. Soap. Soap. Soap. News. Soap. Reality show. Finally I settled on watching the History channel, only for something to watch while I flipped through the DVR. I could see that Alley had some Inuyasha recorded, so I settled on watching that.

I can’t believe they cut off the opening theme song on Adult Swim for this show, I loved it! Just as Inuyasha was yelling at Koga for hitting on Kagome, I heard a door close. “Hey, Sara?” I heard Alex’s voice, I scowled involuntarily.

“Yes?” I said in a polite voice, trying to get my face to go straight again before he came around to look at me.

“Gabe just called; he’s at the Salt Lake airport for some reason…can we go pick him up? I think Vicky T is with him also.” He asked, quieter and more shy than usual? Did he get the hint that I really did not want to acknowledge him right now? I sighed lightly before straightening on the couch.

“Yeah, let me get dressed.” I smiled the best I could and motioned to my pajamas. I pulled some clothes randomly from the dryer (I washed all my clothes last night) and went into the bathroom to change.

“Thanks.” Alex smiled as I was tying on my Converse.

“No problem, Al.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Mostly written by poprockprincess but the last part was written by Silhouette Dreams.

Kay-Kay's feeling a little bit worn out, so I'll be writing for a while...but it's okay because the next part will be the part that I really wanted to write. ^.^
I'll give you a hint...
Actually, I lied...I won't actually give you one. :)